Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to create custom NPC, Gears...etc

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals,
can anyone explain to me, step by step, the easiest way, to make custom gears, items, npc's in the game - Jade Dynasty.

The server files I used: http://forum.ragezone.com/f618/jddc-tut-setup-server-vmware-952551/

And PLEASE, do not just answer me with this tutorial - http://forum.ragezone.com/f618/guide-add-custom-weapons-823241/
Because I understand s**t of it...

Looking for someone to tell me, exactly what resources I need, where to click and etc...

Thanks in advance! :):

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
All depends on the type of item you're trying to create. There is a variety of different sections for creating different items.

For example, sigils, if you want to create a sigil simply copy any old one, change the id to something high, like 70k+ at least, I use 90k+ but those don't work in gshop. You can't have two of the same id, so make sure you keep a log of what your custom ids are. Now to make the sigil work the way you want it to depends on what you want it to do. Let's say you want it to refine up to +5. You need to put a 4 into the 'MAX_R' section, this tells it that the highest item it will work on is +4. Then you need to put a 1 in all of the sections you would want it to work on and add 1 refine to previous refinery level. So in this case +1, +2, +3, +4, and +5 sections would all get a 1 in their boxes. The 'bind' section decides if it should make an item bound after use, I think, not 100% sure on that as I've never changed it, but if you look at other items you can easily see how they should work.
Protection ids are quite important too, they determine if an item drops in pvp or not, or can be sold to npc or not, etc. When making custom gears these are important, but even with all items. For gears is more work. You need to have a model for each different class set. There were 3 before regen, idk if there are 4 or more in regen or not. Before regen they were, balo/forta, rayan/arden/uhh I forget all of the combos right now, but the third one is human and voida I think ,should include celan too, idk, came to RZ looking for something and seen your post lol.

Truth is you need to be more specific about what you're trying to add to get help. Every section has different params that need to be considered.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yea, thank you for the help. But all the editors are in Chinese, so it's kind of a hard.

You get used to it. You just have to mess around with them a bit. Or try Compers editors. His are in English and work for most filesets as far as I know. I personally use Chinese editors.

Reaction score
I'm using all of them, but I have a problem with the ElEditor when I try to save the changes, they didnt save I mean I click on the save button but nothing happend I changed my seperators from "," to "." but still dont work
pLIic4P - How to create custom NPC, Gears...etc - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need to make sure that your language settings look like this
xpHD3hf - How to create custom NPC, Gears...etc - RaGEZONE Forums

It wont save otherwise.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back