Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Creating New Characters

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey there guys! Im just starting to work on a private server for jd and im using 1345 server file and i was wondering how would one go about making a new character and adding skill trees and editing skills etc! Be gentle im new to making p servers but i have programming history with c++. XD thanks in advance!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't think anyone figured out how to create new classes. But if you want more classes use the 1559 client and server. Or use the 17 class english server or 19 class chinese server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
... adding skill trees ...
That would theoretically be doable just by changing interface skill_TierID.xml Skill IDs or adding them.

Example:
- Rayan Tier 4, Skill ID: 2411 (Onslaught)
- Celan Tier 4, Skill ID: 2459 (Soundblade Origin)

Change 2411 to 2459 and you'd technically have a Rayan with Celan's Tier 1 skill. Which PROBABLY wouldn't work, since you'd need Zither to cast it and well, you probably won't be able to learn it, I guess skills have certain learning permissions.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Adding a char requires being able to mod the GS and libs, and match their exact sizing up and some other parameters.

Nobody has pulled this off yet afaik. The only way I think you would be able to do this is with the source floating around, you could potentially learn how to add classes that way. That source is 15 class iirc.

Even modding skills is very limited. I'm not convinced you could add skills to 1345 without the actual source. To work with the libs you use ide and unpack and edit. It's decently easy to make minor changes to skills, but one of the restrictions with editing is we can't change the size. Adding a new skill would change the size. You'd have to figure out how to tell the GS to load that lib after it has changed. You are working with compiled files, it's not the same as source and you will be restricted. Even more so depending on which tools you use.

Back