Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

JD Task Editor

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I've been working on this for some time now... I'm still learning C# and i wanted to learn how tasks.data is layed out and works... Since there isn't much support for tools here on JD i figured this be a good place to play around... :)

I used Rey35's task editor as a guide, and got almost every field in the UI... Even the couple fields that i did not get will NOT be dropped when saved... I've never played JD other than load it enough to see if it works, so i wasn't sure how to organize the UI... Organization is a key point when there are so many fields, so if you have any ideas for organizations, i'm always open for ideas...

At the moment it will edit v159, v165, v169, v170, v172, v174, v188...

Password = RAGEZONE

Last edited:
Reaction score
This forum and the world itself needs more people like you, who are open to share your work with those that don't know how to do it by theirself. Please, open a Donation Page for your projects, I'll donate to help you as soon as possible :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
SOOOOO LIT BRO AS ALWAYS HEHE KEEP IT UP @Wrechid

This version really simple and fast, maybe you can add more features like user can export all tasks.data to .txt format so they can translate it to other language easily. btw all really good hehe

Little bug, maybe you should extend this slider, can't see refine level properly. and also Auto Deliver cannot save the value.

Wrechid - JD Task Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
v1.0.1.0

Added friendships fields to reward section and fixed award items grid...
Fixed many fields in property pages not saving...
Asynchronous
thanx for the heads up...

as for exporting to txt for translation may not work due to so many different fields, importing it back in is usually the hard part...

Once i add the rest of the fields and work out any other bugs, i'll share the source... That way yall can help or translate the ui to your needs...

v1.0.2.0

Added support for version v174...

Reaction score
@Wrechid I did my first test today. After the edited tasks.data is on the server/gamed/config folder, and also the element/data folder on client-site, it shows me that "Server update are in progress". This happen when the elements.data and gshop.data don't match with server-client or they're are corrupted.

I have put the tasks.data on both client and server, still geting this error. Maybe it isn't saving correctly. Anybody here already tested?

Also, I forgot if i should use the timestamp feature or not. I didn't test with it yet.

Reaction score
Wrechid I did my first test today. After the edited tasks.data is on the server/gamed/config folder, and also the element/data folder on client-site, it shows me that "Server update are in progress". This happen when the elements.data and gshop.data don't match with server-client or they're are corrupted.

I have put the tasks.data on both client and server, still geting this error. Maybe it isn't saving correctly. Anybody here already tested?

Also, I forgot if i should use the timestamp feature or not. I didn't test with it yet.

I would suggest you to not use the timestamp option and try again.

Reaction score
I would suggest you to not use the timestamp option and try again.

But I didn't use it. I said that I would try it later, but now I wont even try. I just opened the tasks.data, change the "Guiding Elder" NPC name to a translated version (Guia Ancião) and saved it. Then I put it on the gamed/config folder. Then o the client/element/data folder. Still got the same error. When I change all the tasks back, the error vanish

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@oleg1212 I need more info...
AaronzitoBr what version of task.data are you using...? It might be a language barrier... Try to change to any other name in English...

Reaction score
oleg1212 I need more info...
AaronzitoBr what version of task.data are you using...? It might be a language barrier... Try to change to any other name in English...

When I open it , it says "172". Its from the Seira client (orbisjd). I don't think its something to do with the translation, because I used to translate tasks to portuguesa back in 2015. But I'll take a look :) Maybe the tool don't save latim based languags yet, because of the ´`´
etc

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I just did a test and i was able to rename the task like you mention with no problems... there must be something else wrong...

Updated fix v1.0.2.1 fixed a bug in v174 support...
Just as a heads up, I was looking for a clean v170 tasks.data for a while now... The way this is layed out you can now use the one from beyastard's last release before ARC shut down JD (v174) and save it as v172 or v170... :)

Reaction score
I just did a test and i was able to rename the task like you mention with no problems... there must be something else wrong...

Updated fix v1.0.2.1 fixed a bug in v174 support...
Just as a heads up, I was looking for a clean v170 tasks.data for a while now... The way this is layed out you can now use the one from beyastard's last release before ARC shut down JD (v174) and save it as v172 or v170... :)

its so strange. I just opened the tasks.data from the client. Then the Editor show it as "172". I just changed the name and saved it again. Then I put it on server and it start the realms. But when I put in the client folder, I cant log with the tasks.data there. I will try another client.

tested with another client, now it works 100%. :) I think is something to do with elementclient.exe from the old one.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
v1.0.3.1
Few small fixes...

Added the source so that others can translate as they need... I still need to add the other missing fields, i'll post updates when i make changes... :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Errors
No dialogs window from task editor
I Russian, sorry my bad english.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@oleg1212

the screenshots are no help to me... what are you doing when the error appears...?

v1.0.3.2
Small fix for v159 support...

I'm supporting this only in English, i shared the source if someone wants to translate in another language...

Back