Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Jade Dynasty Legacy - Ubuntu Server Complete - 11 Classes MySQL/MsSQL

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i got everything to work, my friend helped me by editing the start up script an fixing some things that were out of place, also my pc cant handle to realms starting up at once.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The server should NEVER be set up using a 64-bit version of linux because the server files are 32-bit. Also, to make a secure server it is best to build it upon FreeBSD. Currently, I am building an entire virtual network for the server that has a functioning IWEB interface and functioning Cricket on virtual Cisco routers/firewall. I will release this system once all work is complete.

Well, THIS is why I can't run the VM:
opsie - [Release] Jade Dynasty Legacy - Ubuntu Server Complete - 11 Classes MySQL/MsSQL - RaGEZONE Forums

This VM is x64 and my 4 years old CPU doesn't support Intel VT. (as I said :) )
If I chose to continue, it'll just freeze and nothing else. :<

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can someone post or upload a gs.config of Legacy Patch because i cant go to Dragon Mountain... Thanks in Advance....

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It does work.
For example, my ID on my test server is "1024".
Follow these instructions.

Go to "http://ipaddress/phpmyadmin"
Go to the "mysqld" database
Go to the "auth" table, and click the SQL tab up the top.
In the SQL tab, I would type this for my ID:
"call addGM (1024,1)" (without the quotes)
This works percfectly and has for every release of this server.

If you cannot get into Dragon Mountain, find the NPCgen.data editor that was released.
The 997 editor works with 1105 files.
From there, look for the triggers on the NPCs by searching their ID's.
Dragon Envoy Jassie's ID is 41217.
Find this NPC ID in the NPCgen.data for the z1 map (located in /usr/rain/gamed/config server-side)
and look in the biggest column on the right hand side...
There will be a number corresponding to a 24 hour time (like 1935, 1800, etc etc)
Change this to 0.
You can also do this for the Instance NPCs, the Territory Agent etc.

If you need any further help with NPCs, don't hesitate to post back and I will do a tutorial on how to remove triggers.

P.S. I am sorry. The 64 bit version seemed to be the stable OS to run it on, and 64 bit Ubuntu allows for a lot more versatility. Have you tried changing the RAM settings? I believe I had it set to use 2 cores @ 4GB of ram. If you still can't run it, I will create a 32 bit version for you.

Also Beyabastard, 64 bit is most certainly the most stable to run this server on. ia32-libs are all that is required to run this server on 64-bit, and not only does it run it smoother and faster, but allows more versatility and freedom with manipulation of the system. Almost all 32 bit applications, repositories and libraries have a 32 bit compatibility version for the 64-bit operating system. By using 32-bit, you limit the amount of tools and specifications you can have or add to the server itself.

Ling

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ling i like change pass but what number of directory i need change pass?

sorry bad english u_u

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ling thats nice and all but, you forget you lose all instance NPC's all Forta / IM NPC's and allot more essential NPC's that came with the 11 classes npcgen, on top of that when npcgens are edited in windows 7 the elevations are messed up and you can bug the server so its best if an NPC gend with all NPC's for the 11 classes were already released.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
read again what ling said you can use the 977 editor with 1105 files to edit the npcgen.data he never said to use the npcgen.data that came with the 977 version.
and elevation isnt messed up its working just fine ive already edited/added multiple npc's

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ling, indeed, Ubuntu x64 is way more stable and versatile, but I (and probably other people) can't run x64 VM.
In my case, my PC has an Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 (yep, 2008 low end CPU) and it lacks of Intel VT support. :(

If it is possible, dont spend much time and don't be an inconvenience, I (and problably more people) would appreciate an x86 version of this VM. :)

Thank you in advance. :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ling, indeed, Ubuntu x64 is way more stable and versatile, but I (and probably other people) can't run x64 VM.
In my case, my PC has an Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 (yep, 2008 low end CPU) and it lacks of Intel VT support. :(

If it is possible, dont spend much time and don't be an inconvenience, I (and problably more people) would appreciate an x86 version of this VM. :)

Thank you in advance. :)

Thank you Morbit for that clarification.
OMGOMGx2, I'll create an x86 version of the VM for you today and upload it somewhere for you to use.
I'll set it up to work with your core so you don't have too much trouble.

I'll edit some NPCgen.data files for Sunstream later today and release them working with Dragon Envoy Jassie and TW Agent.

Btw guys, if you can't get into Dragon Mountain, go to Samilian in Sunstream and use the GM Teleportation quest.

Works like a charm, then you can drag people in after they take the quest from Dragon Envoy Jassie, and they'll be able to teleport in after that.

Again, if anyone needs more help, please don't hesitate to contact me.

P.S. At @DemonioBlanco

I cannot remember if there was 1 or 2 .xml files but I suggest you check both.
You will have to change the password in:
MySQL: root/myauthd/build/table.xml
MsSQL: root/msauthd/build/table.xml

And in /etc/table.xml
I cannot remember if I removed the need for the table in this server release in /etc/ or not.
Just check, and change passwords as required.

Last edited:
I are an engineer
Reaction score
<SNIP>

Also Beyabastard, 64 bit is most certainly the most stable to run this server on. ia32-libs are all that is required to run this server on 64-bit, and not only does it run it smoother and faster, but allows more versatility and freedom with manipulation of the system. Almost all 32 bit applications, repositories and libraries have a 32 bit compatibility version for the 64-bit operating system. By using 32-bit, you limit the amount of tools and specifications you can have or add to the server itself.

Ling

Actually, when 64-bit linux runs a program in 32-bit compatibility mode, it runs slightly slower than in 32-bit native mode. <see AMD64 benchmarks - > Also, when all of the server files and existing tools are 32-bit, it doesn't add anything to them except slightly degraded performance by using 64-bit linux in 32-bit compat mode.

Additionally, after reading your post "So guys, want the low down on actually MAINTAINING a JD server?", I decided to put together the most secure ZX2 - 11 Faction server to date. The work is coming along nicely but I still have a lot more work left on it. It is completely possible to build a server on 32-bits that is secure, stable and feature-rich. (Note: this server I'm working on is not built on linux.)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I completely understand what you're saying. I never said once it was not possible to build it on 32-bit, as yes... it is the native OS... but for a little degraded performance (FYI, this can be fixed if you know what you're doing), it's worth the compatibility and the more extensive things you can apply to the server.

In my opinion, I've researched inside and outside RaGEZONE, and there are not enough STABLE tools to actually be able to fully modify an 11 class server.

Either that, or people have the tools that they are not willing to share.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ling can you post the NPCgen.data editor please.....
or
give us your npcgen.data if its is okai to you :D

I are an engineer
Reaction score
<SNIP>

In my opinion, I've researched inside and outside RaGEZONE, and there are not enough STABLE tools to actually be able to fully modify an 11 class server.

Either that, or people have the tools that they are not willing to share.

Agreed, so, as another project, I am planning on making a few stable tools to release here. I may
even release the complete source code to the official authd component of the server after assuring
the bugs are worked out (unless others would like to debug these files).

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If you want someone else to debug the files, chuck em my way.
I'll have a go at it.
Hit me up on Skype: davidsomerfield91

I'll await your request.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can u upload the files somewhere other then mediafire & filefactory?[both of those are really annoying with those free slots] or maybe can provide the actual files instead of entire OS over a VM? cause i have my own dedi linux where i can easily put the files and start working on them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there any other dowload link for the server file, bcz the link: in not working ...

- GamesRealm

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Use the FileFactory links.
I know it may be annoying to wait for a free download slot, but I cannot afford a premium membership anywhere to upload them.
I will see if I can upload to 4Shared.

Back