Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

In depth NPC shop guide (v1378/regensis)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I Have decided to make this guide as a thank you, snince this forum has helped me out so much^^

In this guide I will explain how you can add a costum NPC to your server and how to give that NPC a functioning shop/exchange shop!

1. Creating the NPC
1.1 Tools
You will need an EleEditor, the one that I used was the one Comper made: LINK
As for the NPCEditor, I also used the tool that comper made: LINK

1.2 Basic Steps

First of all you need to create your costum NPC, you can do this by opening your elements.data file.

andreaon - In depth NPC shop guide (v1378/regensis) - RaGEZONE Forums

In there you have to search for “NPCS” (this should be number number [27]:28).
In there you can copy any npc you like, just right click it and select “Clone selected item”. For this guide I have cloned Tanis Ka.

After you have cloned him, you will see his name appear on the bottom of the NPCS list. Now you need to change the id of your NPC or the server will run into errors. I recommend giving it a high number as id, for example 89500. You just have to make sure your NPC doesn’t have the same id as any other thing in the elements.data file!
1.3 Extra Settings

Right under the “ID” row you will have to put in a name, this name will be the name displayed in the game.
If you want to give your NPC a title you can add one in the “TITLE” tab, this so called title will be displayed right under the name of the NPC.
Next we have the model of you NPC, in this row you add the model ID of any other NPC, you can get these ID’s by just copying them from the other NPC’s in the list.
Dialog, this the first thing that the NPC will say when a player talks to him, edit this to your liking!
As for the other thing such as AVEK, MOB_VAL,FUNC_LOSS, INTRO and CITWAVAL, I haven’t changed any of these settings yet, since you don’t need them for a shop.

1.4 Adding Shops to NPCS

For this part of the guide you first need to create a shop/exchange shop. See point 2 and 3(below) on how to do this!
Now you have created your shop it’s time to add it to the NPC! Go back to you NPCS list and find your costum NPC. In there you will see SALE this is where you add the ID of the shop you just created.
If you scroll a bit down you will see 32 EXCHA, this is where you input the id of the exchange shop you have created. Just replace the “0”.
2. Creating the Shop

2.1 Basic Steps

In your elements.data file go the the NPC SHOPS list ([21]: 22)
In here you can copy any shop you’d like, for this guide I have copied the “Esper List”-shop. Again right-click and select Clone Selected Item.
Super important, you have to change the ID of this shop or you will run into errors as said before. I’d suggest keeping the ID of the shop close the ID of your NPC for easy accessibility. I changed mine to 89501.
Again you can change the name to any name you like.
2.2 Adding Items

First we have the “Column_title 1” , this is the name that the first tab will have, I recommend not making the name too long to make sure you don’t get any errors, you can never be too safe!
If you want to delete a certain tab from a shop you just put “0” (zero) where the tab name should normally be.
Now on to adding items… Right underneath the Column title row you can see “Tab1_col1” this is the place of the first item in the shop will be. You can see the relation between the elements.data file and how it will show up on the picture. Just replace the ID that is already there with any other ID. Get the item ID’s from you elements.data file or use to search for your item ID’s. On the website you will see the item ID in the link for example the ID of one “Tai Yi Sigil” is 49312 (see picture). Of course if you use costum items you have to get them from you modified elements.data file!
If you want an empty space in you shop just place a “0” (zero) where the item ID would normally be.

3. Creating the Exchange Shop

3.1 Basic Steps

These steps are basically the same as for creating the shop.
Go to the NPC EXCHANGE list ([83]:84). In there clone any exchange shop. And don’t forget to change the ID. After that you can change the name.
3.2 Adding Items

You should see “HEAD1”, this is the first tab of your exchange shop. This can be confusing since it’s different from the normal shops.
Next you should see “FIRST_Aquar”, this is where you input the item ID of the item you want to obtain when you “buy” it. Underneath that row you can change the amount of the item you get when you exchange something for it.
The next row “I_REQ_Magrew” is where you input the item ID of the item you need to give in order to obtain the item from the shop. And again the “AM_REQ” is the amount of this item you need in order to get the item.
I haven’t touched the other rows yet since I don’t need them for my server, I guess they have something to do with Reputation, still have to test that!
The next two places where you input the item ID of the item you want are called “ITEM_Sapph” and “ITEM_refin”. For the next items, you just have to input the ID in the row “ITEM”

Don’t forget to save you file as elements.data

4. Adding the NPC in Game

4.1 Creating the NPC

Open the npcgen.data file with your NPCeditor. You can get this file from the server files navigate to the the map in wich you want to add your NPC. (List of map names by mrosenov)
After you have opened it you just have to copy any NPC in there wich faces the way you want and who stands where you want it to stand. You can get the X and Z coordinates in game above your minimap you see two numbers those are your X and Z values. The Y value you can’t really see in game so you just have to copy that from an NPC that stands at the height you want it to stand!

Once you have done that change the ID of the duplicate to the ID of the NPC we created in 1.1! Make sure that you have selected “NPC”. It will say “NOT FOUND” but no worries as your NPC will display in the game.
After that be sure to change the UN? To any value that is not in the list yet, I changed mine to 5000. Also change the UN2 value to “0” (zero).
Save your file as npcgen.data

5. Shoutouts

A special thanks to @mrosenov , @NotLing and @Henmoro for helping me out with a lot of different things. And thanks to @comper as well for sharing the tools! Thank you so much for everything, I wouldn’t have been able to get my server to run properly without you!

6. Result

First of all don’t forget to upload the files, both elements.data and npcgen.data. Make sure you upload the npcgen.data file to the right map folder!
Then restart your server and go to the location of the NPC and get your shop items! ^^
Some screenshots….

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The Y value you can’t really see in game so you just have to copy that from an NPC that stands at the height you want it to stand!
Then:
Make a new shortcut for elements.data. In proteries inculde game: cpw console: 1 after target line.
Just for example mine shows as: "S:\Jade Dynasty másolata\element\elementclient.exe" game: cpw console: 1

start game, log in, hit shift + 0
type in: d_showpos

Thanks to:
Oh, i forgot who show me it :eek: o_O

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Excuse me, may i ask "what is MODEL, AVEK, AND MOB_VAL" ?

Back