Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Install CPW (official Launcher) on your Server

Reaction score
1. Download
2. Extract the CPW on your Desktop
3. open your phpmyadmin. create new database named cpw
4. import install.sql on database cpw
cystal - [Guide] Install CPW (official Launcher) on your Server - RaGEZONE Forums
3. Go in your Server via WinSCP
4. Copy the CPW to var/www
5. Login in your server (via Putty) and navigate it to your www folder (cd /var/www)
6. type ./cpw install
and input your mysql server (eg, localhost), mysql login (eg, pwu), mysql password (eg, superpuperpassword), Input mysql database name (eg, pwu).
cystal - [Guide] Install CPW (official Launcher) on your Server - RaGEZONE Forums
7. back to your WinSCP and open folder CPW/files/CPW/info and open file pid change value 131 to 101.
8. move to your client, copy Launcher.exe and patcher.exe to folder CPW.
9. run ./cpw x Launcher.exe patcher.exe (java will automatically edit and change RSA key inside Launcher and patcher.)
10. next, run ./cpw initial (this command to create a empty version 1 patch)
server side is done

now client side

11. open folder patcher/server/ and edit file updateserver.txt to your server (eg, "World" "http:/YOURSERVER.com/CPW/files/CPW/")
-at config/element/version.sw edit it and change all values to 1 0 (only that 1 and 0)
-at config/patcher/version.sw edit it and put 1 (only 1)
12. that is all, now your client is version 1, and realy to make patches
13. to make new patch simply put files you want update inside CPW/files/new (server side) and then type ./cpw new (this command create next version patch)
14. you can also edit skin your launcher and link from folder patcher/skin/image for laucher skin and patcher/skin/mainuni.xml for edit link inside your launcher.
finally

if you have some error just readme
Usage:
1) install
2) initial
3) create some patch

Usage:
./cpw show this message

./cpw install install updater: mysql database setup, rsa keys generation, paths.
./cpw rsagen regenerate rsa keys
./cpw x [executable] patches executable with public rsa key

./cpw initial creates initial (base) revision, doesn't creates lists
./cpw new [revision number] creates next or given revision, creates lists
./cpw revision [revision number] creates next or given revision, creates lists
./cpw listgen update lists only
./cpw listupdate update lists only
source : many thanks Caosfox for tutorial on perfect world forum

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did all your steps, but I get the "Update Connection Failed" error on the launcher, am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Got it working, I missed a step. Thanks for the guide. :)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. Download
2. Extract the CPW on your Desktop
3. open your phpmyadmin. create new database named cpw
4. import install.sql on database cpw
3. Go in your Server via WinSCP
4. Copy the CPW to var/www
5. Login in your server (via Putty) and navigate it to your www folder (cd /var/www)
6. type ./cpw install
and input your mysql server (eg, localhost), mysql login (eg, pwu), mysql password (eg, superpuperpassword), Input mysql database name (eg, pwu).
7. back to your WinSCP and open folder CPW/files/CPW/info and open file pid change value 131 to 101.
8. move to your client, copy Launcher.exe and patcher.exe to folder CPW.
9. run ./cpw x Launcher.exe patcher.exe (java will automatically edit and change RSA key inside Launcher and patcher.)
10. next, run ./cpw initial (this command to create a empty version 1 patch)
server side is done

now client side

11. open folder patcher/server/ and edit file updateserver.txt to your server (eg, "World" "http:/YOURSERVER.com/CPW/files/CPW/")
-at config/element/version.sw edit it and change all values to 1 0 (only that 1 and 0)
-at config/patcher/version.sw edit it and put 1 (only 1)
12. that is all, now your client is version 1, and realy to make patches
13. to make new patch simply put files you want update inside CPW/files/new (server side) and then type ./cpw new (this command create next version patch)
14. you can also edit skin your launcher and link from folder patcher/skin/image for laucher skin and patcher/skin/mainuni.xml for edit link inside your launcher.
finally

source : many thanks Caosfox for tutorial on perfect world forum

So I did all the steps again, and now I am getting this error.. what did I do wrong? Any ideas?

6aceab0542ab3c10893e5fa2562184c3 - [Guide] Install CPW (official Launcher) on your Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
So I did all the steps again, and now I am getting this error.. what did I do wrong? Any ideas?

6aceab0542ab3c10893e5fa2562184c3 - [Guide] Install CPW (official Launcher) on your Server - RaGEZONE Forums

check your element.data, gshop.data, and elemenclient.exe
check after game update complete. or try other elementclient.exe cracked.
if not solved. try this step :
copy your elementclient.exe to for CPW/files/new/element/
and type : ./cpw new, try again. for game update via patcher.

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
check your element.data, gshop.data, and elemenclient.exe
check after game update complete. or try other elementclient.exe cracked.
if not solved. try this step :
copy your elementclient.exe to for CPW/files/new/element/
and type : ./cpw new, try again. for game update via patcher.

Tried that next step as well, now it's saying "Update interrupted". This is some confusing stuff lol

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
just try from begining, maybe you miss some step..

Still says interrupted . . . . . . everything is 0777 as well, so I have no idea what I have done wrong. Do I have to copy the Patcher.exe and Launcher.exe back to clientside from the server?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mind sharing Skin Folder? I wanna make some PCW compatible skins. Or change/modify (+add) ones from my existing release.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Are there any requirements? Like 32 bits OS or something like that? Cause I can't get this poop running on 64 bits OS.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is there any information on the skin settings to customize it ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yea I saw that but its missing some files and doesn't work as is. but I figured it out eventually on my own its the map files that I wasn't getting but after a bit I figured them out. pain in the butt but got it working.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It does work, at least for me. I uploaded whole thing here I think. Post a screenshot here I'll check what's wrong and help you. Btw, here's the modified map file, even tho I wrote I won't put it on.

View attachment mainuni.rar - Rar cause .xml is not supported for upload. Btw, there are also modified URLs for official launcher's slideshow. if you want it, I'll upload it on my Patcher post.

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yea in all the ones I downloaded from the post the main map image file, the main ui xml file and one of the button images were missing but like I said I figured out how the map images work I was hoping for an editor of some kind.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
fix patch not pass

Is there enough video to teach?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back