Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Jade Dynasty - Ubuntu, MySQL - On a Remote Server

Reaction score
Due to some issues and files not being uploaded in the thread, this thread was closed.
It was brought to my attention that the files was here again, So this post is now reopened,
People can post in it again! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice to see this thread back up :) I had used linux once in my life and found this guide to be invaluable and easy to follow, this introduced me to linux and i am very thankful:) . Thanks xAtticusx

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
2 questions

1- why need winscp if using linux?

2- can you use the new official clients downloaded from the official site?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how do i command ?????!! im really a noob at this im new to the whole server building thingy so im asking for help on how to update im Ubuntu repositories

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i need help on ubuntu, cuz after i burn it to disc and restart my computer to be instal it, and after i install ubuntu my computer just came out with some black thing like username: password: but after i log in there is nothing happen.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If you're installing straight up Ubuntu, it's going to be a lot more difficult.
I suggest you install the VMWare version first, and make sure you know exactly what you're doing in the virtualization before
you go a head and do it on a real server. It will give you a lot more insight as to what you're doing and where stuff goes.

Also, after username and password, you should be installing OpenSSH (sudo apt-get install openssh), opening port 22, 29000 and 80 and DENYING all others. Here is a quick command list to get you started. (DO THESE IN ORDER)

username: _______
password: _______

[root@ubuntu]: apt-get install openssh
[root@ubuntu]: The following archives will consume ***KB of space. Continue? [Y/N] (Say YES)
[root@ubuntu]: Y [ENTER]
[root@ubuntu]: ufw default deny
[root@ubuntu]: ufw allow 29000
[root@ubuntu]: ufw allow 80
[root@ubuntu]: ufw allow 22

Then I would suggest upgrading the operating system...

[root@ubuntu]: apt-get upgrade
[root@ubuntu]: The following archives will consume ****MB of space. Continue? [Y/N] (Say YES)
[root@ubuntu]: apt-get update
[root@ubuntu]: The following archives will consume ****MB of space. Continue? [Y/N] (Say YES)

Then use the command "ifconfig" to determine the IP for the server (I suggest putting a cloak on this if possible. You can use a free one from )

Make sure these are correct to the best of your knowledge server-side and client side.

Then run your start script!
Use your game client to test if you have opened ports correctly.

Have fun!
Ling

P.S. You need WinSCP to connect to your server from a Windows machine and view the file directories. You can also do this with PUTTY.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ling after i write (apt-get install openssh) it appear this
E: could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-open (13:permission denied)
E: unable to lock the administration directory (var/lib/dpkg/), are you root?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
in ubuntu is apt-get install openssh-server

don't exists "sudo"

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Important: if you use 64 bit servers dont forget to install ia32-libs or else java and gacd will be shown as "File not found" !

in ubuntu is apt-get install openssh-server

don't exists "sudo"

Sure sudo exists. Its fpr doing stuff as root if you are not logged in as root user ( which you should never do if you are not doing deep system stuff ! )

Last edited:
Back