Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting up Legend of Mir server offline

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The m2server gives me the following error:

The m2server gives me the following error:

Windows socket error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted (10048), on API 'bind'

Reaction score
easyest way to get there files working online is setting every ip in the server files to 127.0.0.1 and using the ini file i posted on one of the recent topics (the one with the 3ip's in one ini file) for the client and setting those ip's to your internet ip

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
3.) Check the following files to make sure they have the correct IP (127.0.0.1), the correct directories (C:/mirserver/…), and the correct server name (ktest):
 /DBServer/!addrtable.txt
 /DBServer/!serverinfo.txt
 /DBServer/dbsrc.ini
 /LoginGate/Config.ini
 /LoginSrv/!addrtable.txt
 /LoginSrv/!serveraddr.txt
 /LoginSrv/!UserLimit.txt
 /LoginSrv/Logsrv.ini
 /LogServer/LogData.ini
 /M2Server/!runaddr.txt
 /M2Server/!servertable.txt
 /M2Server/!Setup.txt
 /RunGate/Config.ini
 /SelGate/Config.ini

All those files are supposed to be in the first download...right?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i can`t start the server....during the instalation process of the mysql server the setup never askt me an id or something or a password he used my computer name and my admin account from windows thats all here is a picture of me tryng to start the server untitled.PNG - Setting up Legend of Mir server offline - RaGEZONE Forums ,i used the database mir but he added a few extra in the other databseses 2 dunno why...
and where i try to copy the data from the data.mdb i get some errors that 10 tabels couldnt be copyed.
PS:can`t i make the database(tabels rows colums etc....) with phpmyadmin start easyphp(mysql+apache)and read & write the data in the databse that i created with phpmyadmin?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i'm having a problem with the dbserver and m2server not reconising the user and password i think for sql

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
no reaon to delete the tables and import again from the data.mdb unless u really need to, the tables in the chardb are imo all you need to start you off you can do as the post says but i wouldnt bother .

also the info in first post is backward you cannot overwrite files that are not there, you need to get the second download first and then overwrite those files in the directorys with the first download.the LOMCNM2.rar should be the first download ..
be prepared for an edit or 2 on this post as i check the files .#
Fkin great release btw guys , I and 1 other have had untold probs with MSSQL and these files have resolved that problem

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Yep, as Elvin said, good job TD, Lil getting it to work solely with MSsql and Mental for allowing forums to help people out, been trying to get it running with mssql for over a week, and as elvin said, perhaps the guide could be edited to make it easier to understand for people who arn't really conversant with sql..
1) also as the data,that you ask to remove and replace with other data from elswhere is obviously your work in progress is it possible to just have a standard mongen, monster, mapinfo, stditems, npc's ect in the downoad to work straight with the 2.3 client.
2) are all the monster attacks sorted now? i know lil was finding these out and not sure if they have all been done? (i know its a lazy question)
3) one last note,, putting the info from dbserver into sql,, 'charinfo', does this mean you have a way of converting the 1.9 player db over?

and once again,, good work on getting the m2 to run with sql :)

edit,, elvin, go to sleep, or else i will have more catching up to do :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
in order to convert 1.9 to 2.3 you'd need every single bit of information about the 1.9 (the 2.3 was never a problem)
and well chinese wont really give their info :p
as for mobs
all mobs except for evilmir have had their ai coded into the server and client file

reason i dont release any ready to go mongen, mapinfo, mob db and stuff is cause: - i dont even have one (i only test things i dont work on actual realistic databases), - i edit my own db all the time to test certain features, bugs, new codes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
got every thing running, log into game make a char, but then get black screen, no errors in any of the gates.

any ideas?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
had a similar problem my self when i had not made a shortcut to the right mir2.exe made account made char pressed ok and no notice welcome screen appeared,so just made one and was in noi problem.

had a nother problem which was almost as similar so i looked at all the files for ips and noticed that a second set of 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 7200 had appeared in !serverinfo.txt in dbserver

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi can you help when i get to the Installing SQl i type a username & password & i get this any help?

Lilcooldoode - Setting up Legend of Mir server offline - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what client shoul i use with this server ?????

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
this one,, whenver i used the one linked from legendofmir.net i couldnt see some mob,, foxes in particular ?

Reaction score
shunt> might be you need to edit the fox mobs yourself the info is either in updates.doc or oldtodo.doc file (stuff like race and raceimg might be wrong in the db)
you also might need to let it autopatch from euromir first :p

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
lol,, i did let it auto patch,,, but with that link to ftp foxes and traprocks were visible,, maybe something i did wrong with autopatch (hmm) :p

Back