Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Moderator Application] - Habbo Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Moderator Application - Habbo Hotel
Introduction:
Hello there!
I'm Dominic, I'm 18 years old and I'm a software developer. I've been developing since I was around 8 years old.
I started out with web developing and I've gotten pretty advanced in; PHP, HTML, jQuery, JavaScript and CSS.
When I joined the retro scene back in 2008, I knew absolutely nothing about developing any kinds of software, though I was pretty good with the website part.
I went inactive for a couple of years and returned in 2011.
I started to get a hang of software developments in 2011 where I tried to create my own emulator, which failed badly.
Again, after not succeeding I went inactive for a couple of months, where people started talking about this 'new crypto (r63b)'
I was surprised that all of the succeeding developers (Meth0d, Nillus, etc.) had left the scene, even though this was a long time before my return.
I started looking into what Habbo had done, I started reading threads and posts where people were discussing whether office.boy and Myrax had been assisting Habbo with the new technology they were using.
I noticed major changes in "RELEASE63-201201190922-6332255033" - the great Neutrino build! I was one of the people around the scene to attempt and succeed with cracking the connection block and image block.
I reminisce people were debating about whether we should go ahead and use Capostrike93's banner generator in php (?).
Some people used it, but didn't know how to properly use it.
Then Joopie released a set of keys for the RSA methods, which I was quick enough to take into use and bypass the RC4 cryptograhic methods to have a functioning Neutrino server (I reached 20 onlines!!!)
After this, nothing really happened around the scene, so I decided to help people who needed help (Mostly R63A) and I assisted Sojobo with the following bug (where you could not follow from the hotel view)
I later on tried again to write my own emulator (https://forum.ragezone.com/f331/habbo-rc4-rsa-diffiehellman-habboenvironmentr3-894876/)
I called it "Habbo" and I succeeded with the RC4 cryptographics and was again one of the first to properly ensure a secure server, though I slacked off and never finished it.
I then started just releasing some tools (AutoHeaderUpdater, AutoDownloader for Joopie's furnifix) and a hell of a lot cracked SWFs.
Again, I went inactive for a year or 2 and when I returned I was almost instantly put into Azure's Development Team and now I'm here..

Why am I applying?
I want to help improve the Habbo section, although the current moderators are doing quite the job. As a moderator and a developer, I would hope to create a bind between the users and the developers in the section that would really help the community grow.

Past experiences
I've tried moderating a lot of forums, games, etc. I would like to have the ability to put these experiences into the Habbo Section.

Activity
I'm usually always active, not at night or during work hours though. My timezone's GMT +1. My current work hours are usually from 8AM to 3PM.

I know my past on here is not what people would define as 'great', though I've matured a lot since the last time I applied, which is why I am trying again.

Do not hesitate to ask if needed!

Kind regards, Dominic.
Failure is instructive. The person who really thinks learns quite as much from his failures as from his successes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think you're cool, but, I don't see you contributing much (and you haven't provided a list of contributions, either)

IMO the section is well moderated right now.
Hey,
Thanks for replying!
I know I haven't listed any contributions, that's due to my last contributions being way to old to be worth to include.
I haven't contributed due to my lack of self-confidence in my developments, seeing as when I do develop something I like to be very... perfectionizing.

Reaction score
Hey,
Thanks for replying!
I know I haven't listed any contributions, that's due to my last contributions being way to old to be worth to include.
I haven't contributed due to my lack of self-confidence in my developments, seeing as when I do develop something I like to be very... perfectionizing.

I see, no problem. Good luck none the less :)

Master Summoner
Reaction score
The Habbo section needs someone who could give the section a new life and I think you are the right person to do this job.

You have my vouch :love:

Not so spooky...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
After seeing the way you act towards some people around the forum and in some of your posts, You are clearly not mod material at all sorry to say.

But good luck non the less.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
It seems that you recently received some infractions for offensive language and breaking rules. I think a moderator should have a clean infraction list for at least 2 to 3 months to prove he or she will not break the rules. This makes me doubt if you would handle every problem or issue on a neutral perspective for every user because of the offensive language.

Also you mentions that you went a lot inactive which is not good for a moderator, a moderator should be active daily or at least twice a week unless because of some unseen events.

Contributing to a section isn't only posting (releasing) or making projects. It also includes helping others and joining their discussions. Having a 'development' thread isn't really contributing to the section. It's just a thread were you announce a project that is in development and it's progress. Contributions are made by replying to the questions of others and actively joining the discussions like I mentioned before. You neither have a lot of posts compared to others people who contribute to the Habbo Hotel section.

I see you're a part of the Azure team, great but it would be more convenient to have someone who doesn't belong to a team to keep neutrality in the section. I mentions this because there are a few 'Azure VS someone' discussions which lead most likely end into a big fight. It would be better to keep these discussions neutral as possible. It would be more convenient to have an experienced RaGEZONE moderator taking over the 'open' spot because the community can get really toxic sometimes and it requires some experience to deal with it.

It's a no from me for the Habbo hotel section, mainly due to the lack of contributions and my last statement (I'm vouching for a more experienced moderator of RZ). I suggest you apply for a smaller section first.

The Habbo section needs someone who could give the section a new life and I think you are the right person to do this job.
Droppy is doing a fine job so far.

Reaction score
Ok so, as a mod from HH section there's a few things I want to say.

We don't need, currently, any extra mods (unless if the visors/smods think a new one is needed, and I honestly think we do not). asesinato also does a great job cleaning the section, and, hopefully, HabMoon will be back asap. You are a great Habbo developer, I give you that, but you only reported 2 posts since 2012, and have pretty fresh infractions (from a few days ago). You are indeed coming back to the community, which is a plus, but I think it does take a long way to prove that you are now mod-material.

It's a no from me at the moment, but it means that it can change anytime (if you put more effort into it, and a spot opens).

Reaction score
It seems that you recently received some infractions for offensive language and breaking rules. I think a moderator should have a clean infraction list for at least 2 to 3 months to prove he or she will not break the rules. This makes me doubt if you would handle every problem or issue on a neutral perspective for every user because of the offensive language.

Also you mentions that you went a lot inactive which is not good for a moderator, a moderator should be active daily or at least twice a week unless because of some unseen events.

Contributing to a section isn't only posting (releasing) or making projects. It also includes helping others and joining their discussions. Having a 'development' thread isn't really contributing to the section. It's just a thread were you announce a project that is in development and it's progress. Contributions are made by replying to the questions of others and actively joining the discussions like I mentioned before. You neither have a lot of posts compared to others people who contribute to the Habbo Hotel section.

I see you're a part of the Azure team, great but it would be more convenient to have someone who doesn't belong to a team to keep neutrality in the section. I mentions this because there are a few 'Azure VS someone' discussions which lead most likely end into a big fight. It would be better to keep these discussions neutral as possible. It would be more convenient to have an experienced RaGEZONE moderator taking over the 'open' spot because the community can get really toxic sometimes and it requires some experience to deal with it.

It's a no from me for the Habbo hotel section, mainly due to the lack of contributions and my last statement (I'm vouching for a more experienced moderator of RZ). I suggest you apply for a smaller section first.

Droppy is doing a fine job so far.
I always have a neutral perspective, which is also why I am applying again. This has changed.
I think my infractions are for bumping an old thread and telling the truth about some rumors going on in the section, which the current moderators want to be silenced.

Not only am I apart of the team, I am also leading it.
I decided to try to declare a truce with Wesley, hence I sent him this:
Now that the games have changed and I've been promoted to temporary leader of Azure's team, I'd like to declare somewhat of a truce.
I'm in a position where I feel obligated to serve this community properly, which I cannot do with Azure's team (including myself) and you constantly battling to be the 'best' in the scene. I do not see any need, we should instead be helping each others where we can.
I hope to hear from you!

Ok so, as a mod from HH section there's a few things I want to say.

We don't need, currently, any extra mods (unless if the visors/smods think a new one is needed, and I honestly think we do not). asesinato also does a great job cleaning the section, and, hopefully, HabMoon will be back asap. You are a great Habbo developer, I give you that, but you only reported 2 posts since 2012, and have pretty fresh infractions (from a few days ago). You are indeed coming back to the community, which is a plus, but I think it does take a long way to prove that you are now mod-material.

It's a no from me at the moment, but it means that it can change anytime (if you put more effort into it, and a spot opens).
I only report posts where I see rule violations, things that really would cause a harm to the thread where others would probably report posts, just because the post annoys them.

Last edited:
Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm agreeing with CodeDragon with this . It's a straight no from me , I'm sorry.

I heard that you are a part of the Azure team , that's great , a great developing emulator which is the most used emulator for habbo retro currently , but then again , there are a few other developments of other emulators going around , like arcturus and bible emulator , and for sure there will be arguments around these three emulators , and as you are a part of Azure , I'm afraid , one sided actions may occur. You may deny it , but then again , the human nature is ... unpredictable.

Also , the habbo section is not in need of a mod right now , both Droppy and asesinato are doing a fine work with monitoring the habbo section. The section has not been said to have an available spot at the moment.

Reaction score
I'm agreeing with CodeDragon with this . It's a straight no from me , I'm sorry.

I heard that you are a part of the Azure team , that's great , a great developing emulator which is the most used emulator for habbo retro currently , but then again , there are a few other developments of other emulators going around , like arcturus and bible emulator , and for sure there will be arguments around these three emulators , and as you are a part of Azure , I'm afraid , one sided actions may occur. You may deny it , but then again , the human nature is ... unpredictable.

Also , the habbo section is not in need of a mod right now , both Droppy and asesinato are doing a fine work with monitoring the habbo section. The section has not been said to have an available spot at the moment.

This will NOT happen! Which is also why I've tried to declare a truce between Azure's developers and The General.

Reaction score
Definitely a no, you think way too high of yourself and I don't trust you with access to my details.

Droppy has been infracting me for a while now so that shows the activity regarding moderation in Habbo Hotel does not need extra support.

NNQAA32.png

If you even talk about stuff like this, nobody can trust you.

I've tried to declare a truce between Azure's developers and The General.

Say what?

Not only am I apart of the team, I am also leading it.
I decided to try to declare a truce with Wesley, hence I sent him this:
Now that the games have changed and I've been promoted to temporary leader of Azure's team, I'd like to declare somewhat of a truce.
I'm in a position where I feel obligated to serve this community properly, which I cannot do with Azure's team (including myself) and you constantly battling to be the 'best' in the scene. I do not see any need, we should instead be helping each others where we can.
I hope to hear from you!

You didn't send me anything lol.

EDIT: For everyone reading this, I've never said I want to take over this scene with my emulator or whatever. Its up to the people in this community to decide what emulator they eachwant to use.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Definitely a no, you think way too high of yourself and I don't trust you with access to my details.

Droppy has been infracting me for a while now so that shows the activity regarding moderation in Habbo Hotel does not need extra support.

NNQAA32.png

If you even talk about stuff like this, nobody can trust you.
I have answered this exact question 100s of times and I will do it yet again.
It's a question that was asked - I never intended to flood anyone, or anything in any matter.
For everyone reading this, I've never said I want to take over this scene with my emulator or whatever. Its up to the people in this community to decide what emulator they eachwant to use.
No, you never said you want to take over the scene, though there's somewhat of a competition going on between Azure's team and you, which is why I want to declare a truce.
I apologize if the private message did not get through, but what's stopping you from answering the request here?
I do not feel the need to have the best emulator around, I feel obligated to make an emulator that's stable, to give something back to this community.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have answered this exact question 100s of times and I will do it yet again.
It's a question that was asked - I never intended to flood anyone, or anything in any matter.

No, you never said you want to take over the scene, though there's somewhat of a competition going on between Azure's team and you, which is why I want to declare a truce.
I apologize if the private message did not get through, but what's stopping you from answering the request here?
I do not feel the need to have the best emulator around, I feel obligated to make an emulator that's stable, to give something back to this community.

I don't wanna seem rude or anything, but judging by this post I assume this is meant to be for the Azure and Arcturus truce. First of all, I don't really see a fight (in the literal term), just a few bad words here and there (which I'm handling) about the rival, but not much of FIGHT, so there's isn't much of a need for a truce to begin with. I've infracted people from saying bad about azure as much as I've infracted from saying bad things about arcturus. But the post I mentioned was made 1 hour prior from this thread being created, which makes me wonder if this truce was just to clean your name on the application. Of course, time doesn't overrule intention. If there's really a war going on, which I'm not aware of, then a truce would be a good deal, and I would support this action.

This isn't a thread for such (talk about truces etc), but if you are applying to be my partner (alongside with asesinato and HabMoon) in HH section, I gotta point what I see, and this is what I see. Nevertheless, good luck with the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back