Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Moderator Application] Ran Online Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
I am an old moderator of Ran Online Section. I had become inactive due to lost of internet connection financial problem last time that i have lost my Job.

My status is stable now and i don't see any problem that will occur to effect me from being online actively once again.

I have contributions way back on the section and i know it very well to handle it properly. I know this is another chance for me and probably i will get negative impression but i will still try to apply since i think i can help out the section and make it an active community once again.

Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
I saw that most of the activities they are doing are on facebook groups which on my experience doesnt really make it easier for the newbies to learn properly and sometimes ended up being scammed. If i will start leading the section to help newbies they will be more active on ragezone to learn while not exposing them from getting scammed. I know i can do this just by regular user and as well as others who help also, but the capability of moderating isn't the same as making it active which i guess i have the both. The capability of managing it and the capability of making it active again based on what i have properly observed.

Reaction score
Well, I don't know you, nor your story, but I'll tell from what I've read about your app/reading your profile.
In the last week you've maded 3 posts (not couting to this thread), and the last one (not counting from this week), at february. And it doesn't look you've put much effort on your app either. That means you've posted 5 posts in 5 months, but since I don't think this thread counts as activity, it would be 3 posts in 5 months. You've also wrote a thread a week ago, but I'm only counting as replies. All your replies were maded to this thread you've maded. And I don't see any reports recently either.

I understand your reason of being inactive (as you said in your thread), but I don't think this is how it's done, I really think you gotta be active before applying.

Good luck ^^

Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
Droppy - well i dont think thats the reason they made you a moderator because you are active. There could be points for being active before applying but it is much more important to know whats your responsibility and you know how to perform it properly. And you should also know the section well and how to help it. In my case the only thing i don't have is the recent activity.

Reaction score
Droppy - well i dont think thats the reason they made you a moderator because you are active. There could be points for being active before applying but it is much more important to know whats your responsibility and you know how to perform it properly. And you should also know the section well and how to help it. In my case the only thing i don't have is the recent activity.

Sure it is - but it helps prevents people to going inactive in time. As I said, I don't know who you are or your responsibility levels - but for what I can see you've been inactive. So, for me, facing these facts, it's a no. It helps showing that you really have time to moderate.

Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
Droppy - so the no is because i was inactive before and i created an application pledging my activity. Before i created this i read first mental post i didnt see the requirements of being an active months before the application so im here. Maybe if i saw that i wont even bother creating one. Well i respect your opinion everyone is entitled for it. But still i need to think about the future since i dont live in the past. Still thank you for your insights.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
You were no longer a moderator because of your inactive, how are we suppose to know this won't happen again, plus with what Droppy has said, it doesn't help us make a strong decision.

Reaction score
I remember you from back in the days when I was mod!

Although you were inactive for quite some time, after the breaks that you would take, you would catch up almost immediately straight after -- it was almost like you had never been gone; but that was the section you had at the time. Now, whether the activity of that section has changed dramatically and the section has got unbelievably active and hard to handle, then I'm unsure whether you would be acceptable.

Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
@Shoelace i do understand the point and i cant really argue with that. The only reason i have applied is my intention to help the section i love the most and since i saw the exact problem it encounter i was in a thought i could do it. But still if the one to consider is the activity before this post and the past that i become inactive as moderator then im in a bad position :D.

Omega Male
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'd rather vouch for Jumong rather than someone who's active but doesn't really know how the section goes (which is why the RAN section died, the last mods didn't understand what the users were talking about and just moderated for the sake of moderating).

Jumong has been my co-mod on my early days and he stayed even after I got kicked. He's an old fella. I haven't had any problems with him or his activity. He's one of the reasons that section still exists as it is. He's moderated longer than most of you might have done.

His reason for why he got removed is acceptable and I don't see a reason why not to give him another chance.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

But there is also the issue that if you do get made mod, what security do we have that you will stay and be active rather than going by your track record of inactivity?

Reaction score
As an old co-moderator of Jumong,
Though I don't know what's his reasons for being inactive in the past months, I still prefer him to be moderator again as he always do what's needed to be done.
It's a fact that his contributions are really useful, in fact without his Yong Decrypter, there will be no more texture and mesh updates to be grabbed at the official since 2010. Yet the development continues, thanks to him.

Looking forward for the outcome, but still regardless of what's the result I hope he will continue to contribute at the said section. :)

Wish you luck bro. *cheers*

Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
@ChewBecca - i have a lot things i learned in the past and one of them is that if only at least i made myself available 1 day in a week while informing you guys my status i wouldnt be removed. In future if i encounter problem ill keep my superiors posted about my situation and do the best i can to be functional even though there is a problem. I wont say i will not be encountering problem in future but to be mature and responsible about the duty i will do the adjustment for it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ChewBecca - i have a lot things i learned in the past and one of them is that if only at least i made myself available 1 day in a week while informing you guys my status i wouldnt be removed. In future if i encounter problem ill keep my superiors posted about my situation and do the best i can to be functional even though there is a problem. I wont say i will not be encountering problem in future but to be mature and responsible about the duty i will do the adjustment for it.
Get yourself generally more active across the forum. It will help you greatly.

Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
@ChewBecca - i have been reading more lately to cope up. I dont want to show my activity just by posting without reading the whole topic :). Ill be more active on the topics i can relate at least i am sure i dont post non sense just to show i am active and to gain post counts. Give me time to cope up.

Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
I was on one group on Facebook and and i came across of one person. People who havent visit ragezone yet have bad impression about ran section like this.

I wanna help out remove this bad idea about the section by helping the section monitor the release and do immediate action after finding the post to be suspicious.

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was on one group on Facebook and and i came across of one person. People who havent visit ragezone yet have bad impression about ran section like this.

I wanna help out remove this bad idea about the section by helping the section monitor the release and do immediate action after finding the post to be suspicious.
I love it how the post was in a different language , and your comment was in a different language , but the part about downloads in ragezone and the supporting command to it is in english.

Looks more scripted to me rather than a real occurrence.

However so , good luck with your application.

Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
I love it how the post was in a different language , and your comment was in a different language , but the part about downloads in ragezone and the supporting command to it is in english.

Looks more scripted to me rather than a real occurrence.

However so , good luck with your application.

That's an insult and a very Judge-mental. Looking at me like i'm one of those in a level like how you think. Im surprised youre a mod. Well how long have you been a mod? Like 2 weeks? And you insult me like youre a biggies?... Have respect when you post nobody's disrespecting you here.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
That's an insult and a very Judge-mental. Looking at me like i'm one of those in a level like how you think. Im surprised youre a mod. Well how long have you been a mod? Like 2 weeks? And you insult me like youre a biggies?... Have respect when you post nobody's disrespecting you here.
As a moderator, you should really tame your temper. This isn't how you respond to criticism. Looking at the fact you've been a mod before, you know you'll get a lot of criticism.

Vaulient made an assumption. It'd be great if you could show Vaulient why Vaulient is incorrect, or "ignore" the post by stating it's nonsense, on a different way.

Anyway; You can help people on facebook or the section as a normal user as well. You can also try to get the section alive as a normal user. What do you believe you can do more as a moderator in the section?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back