Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Drift City 2008 (TW) Client & Server (Docker/Linux Repack)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very very easy to set up if you have Docker installed. Works best on Linux, works fine on Windows.

For those unfamiliar with Docker, it's basically software that makes it simple to create and manage VMs. This is a set of configurations that lets you set up your database and run your Drift City server in linux VMs using just two commands.

REPACK FILES

This repack includes:
- A cleaned up ZoneServer (2008 TW)
Useless files removed, set up so that you run Game, Auth, Lobby, Area from a single server.

- A compatible client (0.02 TW + 0.03 to fix moonpalace.agt)
An old Taiwanese client that is "close enough". Patched to work with the server.

- Two docker-compose configurations:

1) docker-compose.setup.yml
Sets up your SQL Server db and registers an user

2) docker-compose.yml
Runs ZoneServer and SQL Server db. ZoneServer is running under wine on linux, and as such should also run just fine on any linux server that supports 32-bit wine.

Prerequisites
Docker Desktop
If you're on linux, you may have to install docker-compose separately.

For the following instructions, it is expected that you are using Powershell or Bash in the directory where you extracted the repack:

Setting up
Run the following command: docker-compose -f docker-compose.setup.yml up

Wait for it to say something like: "(.. rows affected). Waiting for MS SQL (pid ..) to terminate."
That's when you know it has finished setting up your database (or resetting it, if you're running it again)

Running
Run the following command: docker-compose up

Wait for it to say something like: "Auth [On] Lobby [On] Game [On] Area [On] BArea [On] RealService [On]"
That's when you know the game server is ready for you to log on. You can now use the client provided in the repack to play. There is an account created for you with the username admin and password admin.

tl;dr
install docker,
run the setup compose file first,
run the other compose file to start server,
run client, login as admin:admin

Alternative - setting up without Docker (with video):

Credits / Prior work
RZ_Member, wesman2222 (old server files release for RZ)
Nitro / WWWWWWWWWWWWWW (massive hoard of client files)
Cosmos (packet handler patches for Enigma City)
savetherobots / perl (cleaned server files, docker repack)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try changing the first line of your Dockerfile to
Code:
FROM i386/debian:buster-slim

Thank you, I opened the docker file, and replace FROM ubuntu:latest with FROM i386/debian:buster-slim

Edit: Ok it loads, but it stops around here:

Any idea? I try to open the .exe but it crashes upon opening too. (Installing it on my server)

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
How can you run this server on windows without using docker?
I mean apart from installing SQL and running the scripts attached to the repack.
Once that is done and all ports and stuff are open.

What are the executables to open, is there a correct order?
What files do I need to configure?

I just feel like virtualizing with docker is a bit unnecesary,
if I already use a vps I would be using part of the resources available for nothing.
Not saying it is a bad approach, it's great for ease of use,
but I would prefer to just run it directly.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Good evening how can we do to translate the client?

apparently it's the same client or almost

PS:how do we access the DB?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How can you run this server on windows without using docker?
I mean apart from installing SQL and running the scripts attached to the repack.
Once that is done and all ports and stuff are open.

What are the executables to open, is there a correct order?
What files do I need to configure?

I just feel like virtualizing with docker is a bit unnecesary,
if I already use a vps I would be using part of the resources available for nothing.
Not saying it is a bad approach, it's great for ease of use,
but I would prefer to just run it directly.

this is for local development, so "if I already use a vps" is not the target audience

if you're already managing a server and know what you're doing.. just read the compose config and do the same

as for whether or not it's unnecessary, it's not about maximizing resource usage, it's about deployment and operational comfort. these things hold value in any organization

Good evening how can we do to translate the client?

apparently it's the same client or almost

PS:how do we access the DB?

Translating the client is a lot of work, we did it for DCR and it involved a lot of dev-hours of ripping textures and localization from newer versions of the game and not only matching them up with this version of the client but adjusting the UI config as necessary.

You can access the DB as usual with your MSSQL management software of choice, as the port is exposed in the docker-compose config.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I install it and it worked but how to let others come in to the server
is their a way to let them create account ?
also can i access to the games backdoor to change the amount of money
and the data of cars ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I use Win7 use SQLserver2008R2,open zone_server.exe its not running log file message

[2021-08-05 01:50:53]Query(400:insert into SKID_STLOG_TB(LOGNAME,LOGKEY,SERVERID,CID,CNAME,CREATEDATE,N1ARG,N2ARG,N3ARG,TXTCONTENT) values(?,?,?,?,?,GetDate(),?,?,?,?)) Error:0 Param:serverStart 0 100 0 admin 168 66 26 server started Error:0:1:SQLAllocHandle:[08003][Microsoft][ODBC 驅動程式管理員] 連線未開啟[2021-08-05 01:50:53]Query(601:select Convert(varchar(19), GetDate(), 120 )) Error:0 Param:Error:0:1:SQLAllocHandle:[08003][Microsoft][ODBC 驅動程式管理員] 連線未開啟[2021-08-05 01:50:53]Query(290:SELECT CID, CNAME, REGNUM, BUYNUM,SELLNUM FROM SKID_AUCTIONMILEAGE_TB WHERE SERVERID=?) Error:0 Param:100 Error:0:1:SQLAllocHandle:[08003][Microsoft][ODBC 驅動程式管理員] 連線未開啟

what can i do?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
are you using the config file from this repack? if you are not running it inside docker, you will need to change the computer name in the config. then it will apply the correct settings on startup

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the repacking with docker! This is amazing!

Is it possible to update the game file? Do I need to update both client and server side?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is there a way to make a client for docker that can be connected by multiple people?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you for this lovely release. I have read the previous comments and I understand that re-doing a full translation for this client/server is not feasible due to the volume of work required.
However I would like to know where does the story dialogue is stored, I would like to try and swap it if there are multiple languages stored inside the files or run it through a translator,if that's all that would be required to get the story dialogue back, the rest of the ui, items, etc are not as important as far as I am concerned.
Btw, the main quest story does work, with the mention that traveling between cities seems to be ..not implemented? I managed to complete the story by marking the missions that require inter city travel as completed and moving my player between maps,both by editing the database.
Aside from that, pretty solid and nostalgic experience, traffic seems to work,huv chases too,the weather might cycle(?) not sure about that, as I never ran the server for very long periods of time.
I will follow this forum hoping that local Drift city does have a future ahead. :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyone know how change ip connect in the client?, i change the ip in exe without result. thanks.

1710622199761 - [Release] Drift City 2008 (TW) Client & Server (Docker/Linux Repack) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back