Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

All Beast Help goes here

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is your one and only thread for beast questions.

From the initial set up, Beast is straight forward. You need all the res files extracted in the model and world folders including the texture files. Its a long process but its worth it.

Next you need to make sure your Terrain.inc and mdlObj.inc files look the way you want them to. They are needed to load all the textures and objects on to the screen. One foul up and it crashes or gives an error.

So here are the current issues:

• Madrigal does not load. I don't know why, but it doesn't.
  • Mobs and NPCs do not load. Something with the format. I'm trying to figure it out. Any help on this one helps all.
  • Spawns to my knowledge don't work.
  • Regions are buggy but should work. Haven't tested it yet.
Anyone have any bugs or errors they would like to report, here is the place to do it.

That goes for fixes as well. I will keep editing this post and adding more bugs and fixes as well as the second post in case it runs over.

The following is confirmed not to work in the program. So don't bother trying to fix it unless you are an ASM god and have the time.

• PK Zones
  • Regions are obsolete. Manual creation is the way to go.
  • NPCs and items do not work.
  • Triggers (warpzones and such) do not work.

Thats it for now. Please note that the most you can actually DO with beast is create worlds and add objects in like scenery and stuff. The other things like adding NPCs and quest drops have to be done manually. That goes for spawns.

I'm working on a Region Editor that couples with your world file (wld). I'll have more details later on that. For now, open the RGN file and study it as well as follow Addidishen's guide on the structure in the release section.

Last edited:
Found a place to live.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think this needs to get a sticky in order for most people to actually see it. Though I still have my doubts they'll use it, but I guess it's worth a shot.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Madrigal does not load. I don't know why, but it doesn't.

u can load it by delete all in Madrigal.dyo and make there yyyy then save its will load ..
( all mapst that no load u need to do that .. )

ye the Regions are buggy i try to make PK zone but no work =|

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Madrigal does not load. I don't know why, but it doesn't.

u can load it by delete all in Madrigal.dyo and make there yyyy then save its will load ..
( all mapst that no load u need to do that .. )

ye the Regions are buggy i try to make PK zone but no work =|

As he says, Madrigal will work with that fix method(Will remove NPCs which cause glitches). PK Zone will also work with the proper res files.

Templar FlyFF <3
Reaction score
Spawn don't work: If u ment Spawning inside beast, then ur right. It needs to be done through editing the RGN file. which is sometimes hard to figure out :O

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As he says, Madrigal will work with that fix method(Will remove NPCs which cause glitches). PK Zone will also work with the proper res files.

PK zones are no longer controlled via region so the ability to use such in beast is pointless.

Spawn regions for monsters (With their current format) will not work in the v11+ server files, nor client.

Triggers(Teleport and or etc), will not work with the current files as they're all for an older version of the engine.

I never looked into NPC(DYO) control, other then manually editing it my self.

Last, You're correct with the madrigal fix... The only reason it will not run is due to the NPC's being loaded with it, This goes for various other worlds as well.

To correct my self a bit,
Regions in general from the version of beast are far different from the current version of the rgn files that the engine reads.

So some sort of hook would need to be preformed to interpret the values upon saving and re-write them a different way.

I'm sure this could be preformed by intercepting the buffer where the data is stored, before it preforms it's write to file.

Otherwise some sort of external converter would need to be created although it'd be much more efficient to do it within beast it's self via hook.

Last edited:
Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
PK zones are no longer controlled via region so the ability to use such in beast is pointless.

Spawn regions for monsters (With their current format) will not work in the v11+ server files, nor client.

Triggers(Teleport and or etc), will not work with the current files as they're all for an older version of the engine.

Last, You're correct with the madrigal fix... The only reason it will not run is due to the NPC's being loaded with it, This goes for various other worlds as well.

Regions in general from the version of beast are far different from the current version of the rgn files that the engine reads.

So some sort of hook would need to be preformed to interpret the values upon saving and re-write them a different way.

I'm sure this could be preformed by intercepting the buffer where the data is stored, before it preforms it's write to file.

Otherwise some sort of external converter would need to be created although it'd be much more efficient to do it within beast it's self via hook.

Yes, it would be a very interesting project, but seems like a lot of work for a simple task. The addition of monsters would be nice, but still a tedious job. I was not aware that the PVP edit would not work. I haven't tested it myself, but I've seen others that seemed to have a successful system(In v11 at least).

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hell, I made a RGN Editor as well as a DYO Manager. So I think I'm going to release the pack tomorrow or the next day.

I've been resource editing the beast program to translate from Korean to English. GD Germans and their language! :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@mootie:
"PK" works essentially but it's not a PVP area like the arena is what I meant to say, but also as I said because it's a region attribute it would need to be converted.

Other then that I'm thinking of just coding a full d3d map editor from scratch since I recently started to brush up on d3d for my PVP system I'm developing.

It would be quite easy now that I understand a good majority of the formats it'd just be time consuming and I'd have to wait until I was done with current work/development but it'd preform far better then beast does tbh.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
OMg can someone help please ive put the model folder from my flyff client official files and copied it over to beat folder, i double clicked beast and a box apears saying "mdlobj.inc(9) : MODELTYPE_ANIMATED_MESH Not Found. : M" and if i press ok then the samething appears but instead of the (9) it says (10) and iot keeps going increased number by 1 all the time ive reacher up to 1000! please someone help.

Reaction score
OMg can someone help please ive put the model folder from my flyff client official files and copied it over to beat folder, i double clicked beast and a box apears saying "mdlobj.inc(9) : MODELTYPE_ANIMATED_MESH Not Found. : M" and if i press ok then the samething appears but instead of the (9) it says (10) and iot keeps going increased number by 1 all the time ive reacher up to 1000! please someone help.
And if you read GK first post here you could have your answer :p

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
OK fixed it but now i got another problem when i create a new world all the textures are black ive put the models folder in my beast folder and it stil wont work man :( please someone HELP!

Reaction score
I feel so nubby. I can't even get beast to run. If i put it in my flyff folder with extracted RES files, it says like
Code:
textClient.inc(11) : IDS_TEXTCLIENT_INC_0000000 Not Found. :
IDS_TEXTCLIENT_INC_0000000
}

TID_APP_NAVIGATOR 0xfffffff
{
                        IDS_TEXTCLIEN

And if i run it outside the flyff folder, it loads, but has tons of errors and everything, and crashes. .-.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i can spawn 1 monster with beast but the beast read one line out the propmover.txt ^^ i will more monster spawn but this goes not -.-

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know this is a noob question, but still XD

I extracted all the .res files from both my Model, and my World folder
Also, I extracted the Texture folders.
Now, like GoldenSnypa, when creating a new world, all Textures are black,
so could anyone please explain me how to at like... 3rd grade level? XD

Oh, and another thing, Edting existing worlds is possible?? Cause if it is, I will have to change te extensions from .lnd to .wld, right??

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That is because you didn't extract all the res textures out of the World>Texture and TextureLow, TextureMid folders. wTex.res I think is the file. just extract them inside each of their folders and you should get it to load the textures correctly.

If that still doesn't work you need some DirectX runtime DLLs which is an MS fix and outside of this community.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I finally got some of the textures to load.
Water also works.
Models however, still don't you might know how that comes?
Or am I just failing again? XD

Divine Celestial
Reaction score

For some reason, I question why DeadlyData talks in big paragraphs each post.

Although, Isnt it hard to aquire 'Beast' Now? As far as I've seen, most downloads / claims have viruses / trojans / worms etc.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can someone give some advice please my models arent working i mean i placed them in my beast folder and it still wont work :( any suggestions guys?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You already posted that -.- (As a matter of fact, I did as well XD)

Just wait for a reply, like you should, and don't spam the thread, because it really won't help you.

/ontopic I only have a few of the textures, since the damn things aren't in my Texture folders :S I'll just download a new client, to get them.

Last edited:
Back