Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ResData.h new entries are not loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem regarding my ResData.h. I wanted to add a new dialog including controls and so I added some entries into ResData.h, resdata.inc and resdata.txt.txt. But only my new entries in ResData.h are not loaded.
Thus all my "wnd" objects are being loaded with the ID -1.

I debugged my client to the point where the defines are loaded from the ResData.h in Scrpt.cpp. I printed all loaded defines and my newly added ones are missing.

Has anybody an idea what could be the problem here?

Inactive
Reaction score
Are you defining them in the source and copying the resData.h to server and merging new res?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you defining them in the source and copying the resData.h to server and merging new res?

The ResData.h is linked as an external dependency in VS19. I the compile the Neuz client copy the exe into my client and copy the ResData.h over in the server resource folder.

To my understanding, linking all the header files to the project would compile them into the resulting exe, so I don't have to put them somewehre extra after the compilation. Or is this not true?
However, I'm going to merge the the files and copy them over to the client and see if it fixes it, yhanks for the hint.

Edit:
Thank you Ketchup, repacking the client resources worked. Then the ResData.h is not compiled into the Neuz.exe.

Last edited:
Inactive
Reaction score
Glad it works for you now.

Thread locked since this has been solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back