Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

sql injection

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
people are hacking my private server using sql injection on my website :S
does somebody know way to protect the website against that?
i already searched on google and on the forum but i cant find anything at ragezone and everything i found on google was to difficult.. i don't understand a word of that tutorials...

so, can somebody please tell me how to protect my website against sql injection???

Founder of Musara-Network
Reaction score
Take all your web files and copy them to some "JASKFJALSHGA" folder and then make a more safe register page so people can still register, and problem solved.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
huh? but when i put all the files in a new folder it can't open my index.php right? and if i link to the map where the files are it shows the map in the adressbar so i don't think that is going to work lol

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
huh? but when i put all the files in a new folder it can't open my index.php right? and if i link to the map where the files are it shows the map in the adressbar so i don't think that is going to work lol

Lol, what he meant was delete your website and create a new that is 100% safe.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
SQL injection is a witch to get around in some cases but if you are smart and educated, meaning read all articles on the subject, you will stop script kiddies dead in their tracks.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not too hard to block 95% of them. The most vicious ones aren't that hard to block, due to being able to replace strings, such as those with words like DROP with a space (which you can make the whole value = null when the string contains a space).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ FrostElite: i found that link earlier but i don't understand where i have to put that code :S

@ mootie: you mean that i just have to put some spaces in the places where they use sql injection and then they can't change the script anymore?

Ace of Hearts
Reaction score
stuff like this happens all too often for how easy it is to fix

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its simple: Learn Object Oriented PHP and use the new MySQL_improved. Then just make sure you trim() user input and verify it to the database before anything happens.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fixed. Someone recoded the variables and strings for me with mysql_real_escape code. And there are no hacker anymore :>

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ Topic,
Also use a AntiSql Function.. for the WHERE clause.

PHP:
<?
$uri = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
$search = array('chr(', 'chr=', 'chr%20', '%20chr', 'wget%20', '%20wget', 'wget(',
'cmd=', '%20cmd', 'cmd%20', 'rush=', '%20rush', 'rush%20',
'union%20', '%20union', 'union(', 'union=', 'echr(', '%20echr', 'echr%20', 'echr=',
'esystem(', 'esystem%20', 'cp%20', '%20cp', 'cp(', 'mdir%20', '%20mdir', 'mdir(',
'mcd%20', 'mrd%20', 'rm%20', '%20mcd', '%20mrd', '%20rm',
'mcd(', 'mrd(', 'rm(', 'mcd=', 'mrd=', 'mv%20', 'rmdir%20', 'mv(', 'rmdir(',
'chmod(', 'chmod%20', '%20chmod', 'chmod(', 'chmod=', 'chown%20', 'chgrp%20', 'chown(', 'chgrp(',
'locate%20', 'grep%20', 'locate(', 'grep(', 'diff%20', 'kill%20', 'kill(', 'killall',
'passwd%20', '%20passwd', 'passwd(', 'telnet%20', 'vi(', 'vi%20',
'insert%20into', 'select%20', 'fopen', 'fwrite', '%20like', 'like%20',
'$_request', '$_get', '$request', '$get', '.system', 'HTTP_PHP', '&aim', '%20getenv', 'getenv%20',
'new_password', '&icq','/etc/password','/etc/shadow', '/etc/groups', '/etc/gshadow',
'HTTP_USER_AGENT', 'HTTP_HOST', '/bin/ps', 'wget%20', 'uname\x20-a', '/usr/bin/id',
'/bin/echo', '/bin/kill', '/bin/', '/chgrp', '/chown', '/usr/bin', 'g\+\+', 'bin/python',
'bin/tclsh', 'bin/nasm', 'perl%20', 'traceroute%20', 'ping%20', '.pl', 'lsof%20',
'/bin/mail', '.conf', 'motd%20', 'HTTP/1.', '.inc.php', 'config.php', 'cgi-', '.eml',
'file\://', 'window.open', '<script>', 'javascript\://','img src', 'img%20src','.jsp','ftp.exe',
'xp_enumdsn', 'xp_availablemedia', 'xp_filelist', 'xp_cmdshell', 'nc.exe', '.htpasswd',
'servlet', '/etc/passwd', 'wwwacl', '~root', '~ftp', '.js', '.jsp', 'admin_', '.history',
'bash_history', '.bash_history', '~nobody', 'server-info', 'server-status', 'reboot%20', 'halt%20',
'powerdown%20', '/home/ftp', '/home/www', 'secure_site, ok', 'chunked', 'org.apache', '/servlet/con',
'<script', 'UPDATE', 'SELECT', 'DROP', '/robot.txt' ,'/perl' ,'mod_gzip_status', 'db_mysql.inc', '.inc', 'select%20from',
'select from', 'drop%20', '.sys', '.ini', '.shell', 'getenv', 'http_', '_php', 'php_', 'phpinfo()', '<?php', '?>', 'sql=');
$value = str_replace($search, '', $uri);

if($uri != $value){
die('Something fishy is going on..');
}
?>

Put it in the header, or something, above ALL code.

AND if, u want to protect ur WHERE clause (Which already was solved i presume)

PHP:
function AntiSql($value){
$check = $value;
$valuesidontwant = array('from','select','insert','delete','where','drop table','show tables','#','*','--');
$value = str_replace($valuesidontwant,"",$value);
$value = trim($value);
$value = strip_tags($value);
$value = addslashes($value);
$value = str_replace("'", "''", $value);

/*
if($check != $value)
{
$logf = fopen("Logs/AntiSqlLog.txt", "a+");
fprintf($logf, "Date: %s IP: %s Value: %s\r\n", date("d-m-Y h:i:s A"), $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'], $check, $value );
fclose($logf);
}
*/
return($value);
}

Remove the quotes for Logs. ;)

Hope it helped though.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
it whas already fixed but thanks anyway because now it's even more protected =)

Back