Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

how to add new maps like ULU to heavenms???

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello im using the heavenms files, but i wanna know how add new maps like ulu to my server.

thnx for the help. :blushing:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need Wz editors
HaRepacker & HaCreator to see what tiles/background/objects you will need.

Read up on wz editing so you know what you're doing. Tutorials and ETC can be found
here.

Wz files that will need edited:
PHP:
Map.wz, String.wz, Mob.wz, Sound.wz
You need to open a Map.wz that contains the maps you want.
PHP:
    -Singapore : Ulu City Entrance
    -Singapore : Ulu Estate I
    -Singapore : Ulu Estate II
    -Singapore : Ulu Estate III
    -Singapore : Along Ulu City
    -Singapore : Ulu City Center
    -Singapore : Destroyed Park I
    -Singapore : Destroyed Park II
Extract the maps as classic, as well as all of these.
PHP:
Map.wz>back>JungleSG
Map.wz>back>citySG/Back
Map.wz>obj>citySG/Jungle
Map.wz>obj>citySG>rope>(import ropes/ladders)
Map.wz>tile>JungleSG
Once you've exctracted all of these files as classic, you will need to import them into YOUR Map.wz file.
Now you need to edit String.wz so you will have all of the Map name/Mob Names

Also you will need to add all required mobs to spawn on the map. I was nice enough to give you all of the ID's:
9420514 - Berserkie
9420515 - Veetron
9420516 - Slygie
9420517 - Petrifighter
9420518 - Montrecer
9420519 - Duku

After you are done with this, you're done with the client size of things, now you have to extract all of the XML files you placed in your map/mob.wz as 'private server' and place those files in your private servers wz directory.

Finally, you will need to import any NPCs that will be on the map Npc.wz... String.wz .
As well as any BGM if you want the original music as well.

Hope I helped... some what?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Discord: .z41n
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
You need Wz editors

Read up on wz editing so you know what you're doing. Tutorials and ETC can be found
here.

PHP:
PHP:
PHP:
Map.wz>back>JungleSG
Map.wz>back>citySG/Back
Map.wz>obj>citySG/Jungle
Map.wz>tile>JungleSG
Once you've exctracted all of these files as classic, you will need to import them into YOUR Map.wz file.

Also you will need to add all required mobs to spawn on the map. I was nice enough to give you all of the ID's:
9420514 - Berserkie
9420515 - Veetron
9420516 - Slygie
9420517 - Petrifighter
9420518 - Montrecer
9420519 - Duku

After you are done with this, you're done with the client size of things, now you have to extract all of the XML files you placed in your map/mob.wz as 'private server' and place those files in your private servers wz directory.

Finally, you will need to import any NPCs that will be on the map Npc.wz... String.wz .

Not the OP but this helped me, thanks.

To OP:
Use HaRepacker to experiment with extracting data from .WZ files:
https://forum.ragezone.com/f701/release-universal-harepacker-version-892005/

Use WZDumper to dump the XMLs after you've saved your .WZ files (for putting in your PS folder):
http://forum.ragezone.com/f921/wz-dumper-665433/

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You need Wz editors

here.

PHP:
PHP:
PHP:
Map.wz>back>JungleSG
Map.wz>back>citySG/Back
Map.wz>obj>citySG/Jungle
Map.wz>tile>JungleSG

9420514 - Berserkie
9420515 - Veetron
9420516 - Slygie
9420517 - Petrifighter
9420518 - Montrecer
9420519 - Duku

I tried doing this with Pantheon from v230 official.
I exported everything from obj, back and tile as classic, as this post says. I also exported the map file 400000000.img.xml along with the ID in String>Map.img>grandis, which was necessary but not in the above post.

When I try to teleport there in my server, it loads the visuals for a split second before crashing and returning this error message:

kenkatsu - how to add new maps like ULU to heavenms??? - RaGEZONE Forums

What am I doing wrong, and what is the correct way to do it?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I exported everything from obj, back and tile as classic, as this post says. I also exported the map file 400000000.img.xml along with the ID in String>Map.img>grandis, which was necessary but not in the above post.

When I try to teleport there in my server, it loads the visuals for a split second before crashing and returning this error message:

You have to make sure to delete and/or import any objects that are in the map as well. NPCs, special effects within the map, and a bunch of other things. If a single object is within the map which your Map.WZ or whatever WZ files is missing, that error will occur. I haven't done that in years personally, so I honestly forgot which things commonly cause that issue, sorry.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You have to make sure to delete and/or import any objects that are in the map as well. NPCs, special effects within the map, and a bunch of other things. If a single object is within the map which your Map.WZ or whatever WZ files is missing, that error will occur. I haven't done that in years personally, so I honestly forgot which things commonly cause that issue, sorry.

Thank you for the tip.

Do you know of any way to download v224? Or another slightly older than current version? It's difficult to find all the data I need for Pantheon to work in Heavenms, so I need to use HaCreator to find everything required. The problem is HaCreator does not work on v230.
The fix supplied here: https://forum.ragezone.com/f702/harepacker-v230-fix-1203443/ doesn't have a working HaCreator at all, only HaRepacker works.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Thank you for the tip.

Do you know of any way to download v224? Or another slightly older than current version? It's difficult to find all the data I need for Pantheon to work in Heavenms, so I need to use HaCreator to find everything required. The problem is HaCreator does not work on v230.
The fix supplied here: https://forum.ragezone.com/f702/harepacker-v230-fix-1203443/ doesn't have a working HaCreator at all, only HaRepacker works.

Cheers.

is what I know is easily accessible mssetups. Beyond that, not sure.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Is this just for the server .xml? Or the saved .wz file too?
Is it just a matter of right click > deleting in HaRepacker?
Do you know specifically what to look for when deleting from the .wz file? Like, there isn't a sub for NPCs, but I assume they are under Map.wz>Map>Map#>#######.xml>life. Because NPCs are under life in HaCreator.

It would be really helpful to have some kind of sticky resource for this kind of information. Someone told me it's a matter of trial and error, but constantly deleting components, restarting the server and re-logging in to check if things work seems like it would take a very long time.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Is this just for the server .xml? Or the saved .wz file too?
Is it just a matter of right click > deleting in HaRepacker?
Do you know specifically what to look for when deleting from the .wz file? Like, there isn't a sub for NPCs, but I assume they are under Map.wz>Map>Map#>#######.xml>life. Because NPCs are under life in HaCreator.

It would be really helpful to have some kind of sticky resource for this kind of information. Someone told me it's a matter of trial and error, but constantly deleting components, restarting the server and re-logging in to check if things work seems like it would take a very long time.

It has to be for the .wz file, only, I believe. Yes, just literally deleting. Also, I would have to get started with deving again to tell you exactly what to delete. Been in the mood to do it lately, anyways.

And yes, it would be. However, with later files, poop kept getting changed/added, and someone would have to sit there and keep updating it everytime this happened. And, a lot has changed since early days of WZ editing. So, it would be constantly updating all the time. It is a serious trial and error thing and it is very tedious.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Try checking the mini map. That will d/c you and throw that error if the image is null.

Upvote 0
Back