Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Dream

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,

How is every one doing these days? I am hoping good especially all you people in this community :) which still amazes me it's active to the day(never made an account until today). The reason I am creating a post today is still my undying love for the game and the community that comes along with it. I miss it at least once a month and am really starting to question what's available to play in terms of the private servers. The private server scene seems stale to me and some what boring more or less copy pasta and nothing new but I am also a pure vanilla player.

Now I am assuming that is due to how restricted and hard the client is to work with more or less especially when you go up the source ladder. I have played a couple server releases that were running on newer sources and they either had extreme issues with the backend, client, lagg or claimed to be DMCA closing within a couple months. Now what do you guys think? Is Nexon really coming after newer source servers in 2020-2021 or are people taking the easy way out because from what I observe the server/client is so wacked once you add any server strain it becomes somewhat unplayable(lagg every 10 seconds) especially in my experience on v100+ sources. It just seems like such an effort and time sink for anyone working with these versions.

My question to the maple community is has anyone made their own client or even attempted? This is what I am planning to take on as a project since I don't like any current servers. My goal is to have newer classes but in prebigbang setting maybe up to Luminous only. I have come to the conclusion the only way to make this work is to take the sprites and start from scratch. The idea is to use the Godot game engine and write an entire new server backend which isn't ideal but from my point of view it must be the only way. Not once have I seen it or heard of anyone recreating the client but maybe it's for legal reasons? So that's the main reason why I am here too ask if this is a good idea because it does seem like legal torture at the end of the day.

Thanks guys for taking the time to read my post :) glad I joined the community(only took 10+years) and I hope you have a nice day.

Yours truly,

SparrowHawk

Back