Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hello

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right forum for this topic so :eek:tt1:...

I wanna develop my own server with custom ideas that I have only for improving my java skills so I start looking some sources like HeavenMs and I was wondering if there is any tips\advices you guys can give me as starter developer, like where should I start? what should I start fixing\adding, what is the best for learning and more..

Thank you guys!

p.s I am java student still learning I only want to improve my skills with a game that I very like:closedeyes:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey! It's awesome to hear when people are interested in improving/learning about programming using maple.

As someone who likes to try implementing prototypes of custom ideas in this game, my recommendation is to find a way to be able to code these ideas in a way that can be updated and applied quickly without having to restart your game.

My first suggestion is to move your channel servers into another program, essentially separating your login and channel servers allowing them to run independently. If you need to update something you can restart your channel server which causes your game to return to the login screen because the login server is still available.

Another way to implement your ideas is to use scripts, they are compiled on runtime and can be modified as much as you want. You can invoke functions and set/get global variables from anywhere in your java code.

You could code everything in Java using HotSwap via debugging but this makes applying updates harder. HotSwapping your Java code will only allow you to modify the body of a method. Changes to signatures, fields, names and adding/removing classes aren't supported.
However! Only for specific versions, you can remove these limitations by installing into your JDK. I've recently started using this because hot swapping is always failing for me when making changes to code using lambda expressions (they're technically inner, anonymous classes and adding/removing classes aren't natively supported)

Upvote 0
Back