Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Has anyone tried using NMCO auth itself to redirect a client?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Code:
[TABLE="class: highlight tab-size js-file-line-container"]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]CNMConnConfig::CNMConnConfig( [COLOR=#D73A49]void[/COLOR] )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-num js-line-number, align: right"][/TD]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]    : CNMSerializable( [COLOR=#032F62]'cc'[/COLOR], [COLOR=#005CC5]1[/COLOR], [COLOR=#005CC5]1[/COLOR] )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]{[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]    [COLOR=#005CC5]this[/COLOR]->szLoginServerIp[[COLOR=#005CC5]0[/COLOR]]    = [COLOR=#005CC5]0[/COLOR];[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]    [COLOR=#005CC5]this[/COLOR]->uLoginServerPort        = [COLOR=#005CC5]0[/COLOR];[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]    [COLOR=#005CC5]this[/COLOR]->szStatServerIp[[COLOR=#005CC5]0[/COLOR]]        = [COLOR=#005CC5]0[/COLOR];[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]    [COLOR=#005CC5]this[/COLOR]->uStatServerPort        = [COLOR=#005CC5]0[/COLOR];[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]    [COLOR=#005CC5]this[/COLOR]->bAutoPatch            = [COLOR=#005CC5]TRUE[/COLOR];[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]}[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I have no way of testing this for another 2 weeks... but is there any promise to using this feature to redirect clients instead of having to reverse one for every version? & supply some dummy handshake for NGS. I remember a long time ago there was some server who only needed nmconew.ini to connect.

edit: realized there is also commands to download files through NMCO too so this could be possible both ways?

Or a system driver to rewrite IPs, so we avoid dll injects and don't need to reverse NGS. Main downside being the cost of a codesigning cert.

Last edited:
Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score
I think it worked for me last time I tried it. Either way you could just skip the authentication by hooking NMCO_CallNMFunc as I believe is shown in the repository.

Upvote 0
Back