Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web Alternative Languages, let's get something straight here.

<3
Reaction score
Agreed, but people do this as a form of "revenge" or for "e-penis". Unsure which one at this time.

Upvote 0
<3
Reaction score
Quite true. Also, what was the point of the tl;dr, you are only summarizing like four sentences?

If they can't bare to read four sentences, they should gtfo. >_>

Quite true. Also, what was the point of the tl;dr, you are only summarizing like four sentences?

If they can't bare to read four sentences, they should gtfo. >_>

Upvote 0
Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Anybody can rip the sites using HTTrack or an alternative program.

witch please, just save the webpage as HTML with images, zip it and upload it. Done! :D

---
I agree with Dynamik and maplefreak, just releasing as-is is just noobish, and not really that useful (people should be banished for doing so lol)

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"It's like stealing someones work"

-Stares at maplestory private servers-

Yup, that point should've been brought up.

Anyways,
Why are you attempting to do anything about it at all? If they wish to, allow them. Ripping websites isn't anything cool, nor is it anything bad. Let them feel good about themselves..?

Upvote 0
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
it's life and can't be stopped, because maplestory is serious business

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The fact that it's maplestory isn't really relevant here. What makes a "maplestory" website are the images, and some text. Other than that, any MapleCMS can be repurposed for something else.

The thing that's going on here is that people are stealing someone's hard work, and that shouldn't be allowed (in my opinion).

ummm arent all owners of private servers stealing someones hard work? (nexon and wizet) lol just saying :)

Upvote 0
return null;
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I agree, half of the things don't work either so it's not even a release that passes the requirements.

Upvote 0
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
The fact that it's maplestory isn't really relevant here. What makes a "maplestory" website are the images, and some text. Other than that, any MapleCMS can be repurposed for something else.

The thing that's going on here is that people are stealing someone's hard work, and that shouldn't be allowed (in my opinion).

your post makes no sense

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
To the wonderful community of Alternate Languages. Ripping websites is arguably the douchiest move out there. It's stealing someone's hard work. I'm not going to say any names here, but to the two people releasing these sites, STOP. Anybody can rip the sites using HTTrack or an alternative program. As a general rule of thumb, don't release a site until the server is down for good.

tl;dr: HTML ripped websites should not be allowed in the Released section.

Just to get something straight, you are a douchebag if this is 1 of the the "douchiest" moves. You did this when I was selling maplesyrup. So you should take your own advice instead of dishing it out to others.

OT: I agree, people work hard coding their websites so ripping it even if its just the HTML and releasing it is pathetic, even though it does no harm.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Keep it clean guys, but be aware that leaks are allowed at Ragezone yeah? :wink:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You're still butt hurt about that? I told people to stop doing ripping sites. I removed my link to your CMS in a matter of 20 minutes. So yes, I did "take" my own advice.

You took it off because multiple people bitched at you. Get the story right.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
That is a problem of the languages PHP, HTML and whatnot.
Ofcourse compiled programs arent 100% safe against being analyzed, but it's a different case then just viewing the complete source code in a browser.
This is almost like complaining about when someone copies pictures or text from any internet websites.
As long as it's possible to get the code without any effort at all,...

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well the PHP part can't be ripped as easy as the HTML... so the backend is secure most of the times as long as you aren't stupid, but your html source code is just too easy to rip... people can't make their own sites :(

Upvote 0
Back