Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web Cype CMS Discussion

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I actually really like this CMS and want to start editing some stuff around, but I don't understand why not many people use it. All these exploits such as SQL Injections and vulnerabilities concern me, is there any way to remove the possibility to execute these exploits? Just a quick question since I do not know much about Cype.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's always possible to patch up exploits. The real question that you're asking is, where to patch these vulnerabilities.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ah I see, well if I use Cype for my server, you do you think that there would be users who would exploit my site? What do these exploits (that are available and known by now) really do? I heard there was on on ranking where you put in jobid =500 or =510 for GM or SUPERGM, but I thought the only thing this does is display the GMs?

Upvote 0
Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ah I see, well if I use Cype for my server, you do you think that there would be users who would exploit my site? What do these exploits (that are available and known by now) really do? I heard there was on on ranking where you put in jobid =500 or =510 for GM or SUPERGM, but I thought the only thing this does is display the GMs?

Of course there are. Never trust your end users to not attempt to hack your server.
SQL injections/exploits I believe allow them to execute pretty much any SQL command, which means dropping tables/schemas, changing information to get unintended access to stuff (such as turning his/her account to a GM account to get GM powers ingame), etc.

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Send me a PM, i can help you out with the exploits

The main reason Cype died was of the following;

The code was messy.
The website itself is pretty inefficient (it's load time is slow for websites of this day)
The general design cannot keep up with what people are designing nowadays

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yes.
You can do this on any other website if they have a vulnerability in their script(s).
Oh that makes sense then. Well I found a fix for one of the SQL injection exploits for Cype here, not sure what else there is though.

Send me a PM, i can help you out with the exploits

The main reason Cype died was of the following;

The code was messy.
The website itself is pretty inefficient (it's load time is slow for websites of this day)
The general design cannot keep up with what people are designing nowadays
I'll shoot you one right now!

Upvote 0
Back