Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web [Discussion] Powerful Website Features

Reaction score
Hello
Been working on a really nice CMS in Laravel, I'm practically done with the following:

- Homepage
- Section of Featured News Carousel [max 3 items];
- Section of Latest News [max 5 items]);

- Registration, Login, Account Recovery;

- Download page;

- Vote page-wip;

- Donate page-wip;

- Status page
- Currently it works only with a single world but I plan on adding support for multiple worlds;
- Result caching and stored as JSON on Disk;

- News page
- Paginated;
- Displays all news;
- Display by Category;
- Display specific Article;

- Rankings page
- Paginated;
- Displays Overall Rankings (by Rank/Rebirths, dependent on config:server.type);
- Displays Class Rankings (by selected Class, Explorers-only for now);
- Displays Hall of Fame (by Fame);
- Display any of the above rankings by Character Name;
- Displays Guild Rankings-wip;

- Interactive User Dashboard
- Plenty of data about your account
- Security (Created, Last Updated, Last Login);
- Rewards (NX Cash, MaplePoints, VotePoints-wip);​
- Default (aka Main) Character selection with information + Reset
- Character Removal (requires Reason, Password, PIN, Date of Birth and Checkbox Confirmation)-wip;

- Interactive GM Dashboard
- News
- Index with plenty of data about each Article, Paginated;
- Edit-wip;
- Delete;
- Create-wip;
- Informant-wip;
Informant is a global message system that's mainly being used
to deliver site-wide announcements on all pages.

Any suggestions for more features/ideas?
What would you like to see in a server's website or GM/Admin panels? I'm talking about non-generic/non-common features, things that are both unique and impressive, as well as useful.
This may include GM tools, Admin utilities, Widgets and basically anything that comes to your mind.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I made a minimal prototype for the Status package and it's available on GitHub (as well as ), .
I'm going to create a new thread under the Development sub-section and make this project, EnigmaCMS, a open-source project.
First step will be to switch up the template because it uses a design I sold not long ago, MapleSoul.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Been working on it somewhat a lot lately (considering the time constraints of being active duty in the Army, sigh).
I'm planning to first release it as a developmental prototype for developers only (I do not recommend using it in production for your servers!), then once the entire functionality seems to be ready, divide it into modular packages that will be first released as Alpha, then progress to Beta and iron out all the bugs, glitches and exploits. Once that's done - proceed with an RC version and then stable releases.

This project currently supports custom themes (in a very minimal, yet dynamic way, still requires more functionality to make this better).

Currently, it's using (partially, still working on completing this) a controversial design I made (or "ripped", as some would say, which in a way - is partially true) back in 2015, called MapleTria, since it's collecting dust - this will be the default theme it comes with.

- Don't witch about the theme, the theme is not the focus here - the CMS is, I just see no reason to keep the Theme for myself anymore, it will be released for the public to use, along with other themes (For the time being - it's just MapleTria, MapleStrap, ExonicMS and perhaps a clean Bootstrap template).

Some snippets and screenshots
R7ijYf7 - [Discussion] Powerful Website Features - RaGEZONE Forums

njDGT1c - [Discussion] Powerful Website Features - RaGEZONE Forums

us49iW0 - [Discussion] Powerful Website Features - RaGEZONE Forums

If anyone has a populated OdinMS database, let me know - this can contribute to the development as it's needed for testing.
And please do spare me the passwords and other sensitive data, I don't need those.

As of this point, any update of the development will not be posted here, when I feel like posting updates - I'll create a thread inside the Development section including everything about this, with a download link, though no support will be given during the Prototype and Alpha development phases, as I said - for the time being this is strictly for Developers to tune in and contribute, not for usage for your private server.

This discussion thread shall remain open for discussion, as well as brainstorming ideas to enhance this CMS.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back