Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[BETA] MapleBitCMS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@greenelfx For some reason, the box-sizing does not work and everything (Pictures and content) overflow the margins. Also, in the admin panel it always says Maplebit is Up to Date lol. Lastly, how can I edit things without having the updates wipe things out. Say, if I add modules to the sidebar or if I change colors in css. Is there a way to add modules like api or change customization like add a custom theme?
Thank you keep it up! :)

Reaction score
@greenelfx For some reason, the box-sizing does not work and everything (Pictures and content) overflow the margins. Also, in the admin panel it always says Maplebit is Up to Date lol. Lastly, how can I edit things without having the updates wipe things out. Say, if I add modules to the sidebar or if I change colors in css. Is there a way to add modules like api or change customization like add a custom theme?
Thank you keep it up! :)

MapleBit was not designed to be extended with functionalities, meaning you'd have to save your local changes in a different place, update MapleBit and then redo those changes (ideally a copy-paste of the code blocks will do). :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wait ... rankings only updates the name , job and level of the player, but does not update the image of the character. note : i already extracted the files from the CMS, Help-me ??

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
wait ... rankings only updates the name , job and level of the player, but does not update the image of the character. note : i already extracted the files from the CMS, Help-me ??

It takes some time to update the character gd images. Have you waited for it to change with no results?

Reaction score

Ranking images are cached to reduce CPU usage.
If I remember correctly, each character image will be stored for 8 hours before being regenerated by the script.

To force it to generate a new image, go to MapleBit/assets/img/GD/Characters and delete the image of the character you want, or all images..
Then search for the character in the website rankings and it will regenerate it.

Reaction score
If there is some sort of caching somewhere yes, otherwise not really.

There is a 12 hour cache. The caching system isn't that great all (it is very slow), but that is why your images aren't updating as quickly as you want. Of course, you can change this value in assets/img/GD/create.php on line 23 (43200 -> to however many seconds you want)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is a 12 hour cache. The caching system isn't that great all (it is very slow), but that is why your images aren't updating as quickly as you want. Of course, you can change this value in assets/img/GD/create.php on line 23 (43200 -> to however many seconds you want)

Thanks all

I have this "error", how to fix? Sem título - [BETA] MapleBitCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If there is some sort of caching somewhere yes, otherwise not really.

Yes it does, I'm going from memory here.. I'm fairly certian MapleBit caches the gd images, stores them for say 24 hours (or something), GMS does this on it's ranking also btw. MapleBit only then replaces the old character images with the new for each of these scheduled updates, so the webserver isn't constantly under stress by endlessly updating every single picture of the characters to have the correct equipment showing 24/7. MapleStory itself doesn't update what equipment you're wearing until you log off, change channels, or go into the cash shop right? So it would be pretty unnecessary to have the web site forever updating them like that. What MapleBit does now with the rankings works completely fine for me personally.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes it does, I'm going from memory here.. I'm fairly certian MapleBit caches the gd images, stores them for say 24 hours (or something), GMS does this on it's ranking also btw. MapleBit only then replaces the old character images with the new for each of these scheduled updates, so the webserver isn't constantly under stress by endlessly updating every single picture of the characters to have the correct equipment showing 24/7. MapleStory itself doesn't update what equipment you're wearing until you log off, change channels, or go into the cash shop right? So it would be pretty unnecessary to have the web site forever updating them like that. What MapleBit does now with the rankings works completely fine for me personally.

It's an external script actually, not MapleBit.
The said script draws the image using the GD library, a caching system is a must to preserve CPU, otherwise the entire machine will be taken down pretty quick.
There is a 12 hour cache. The caching system isn't that great all (it is very slow), but that is why your images aren't updating as quickly as you want.
The image will expire 12 hours after being generated and will be generated again, as GreenElf said :)

For some reason it seems like the person you quoted didn't even bother to read but rather replied for the sake of advertising his business. No problem with advertising it, just that make sure you read the comments and actually contribute instead of repeating something so obvious that's been said right before you said it.

Reaction score
Doing some spring cleaning!
3/9/16:
- Remove the following functions:
getNav, mysql_escape, get_small_gravatar, sql_sanitize, sanitize_space, and countOnline
- Fix duplicate error for adding/editing vote sites.
- Fix error language on the vote site page

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Doing some spring cleaning!
3/9/16:
- Remove the following functions:
getNav, mysql_escape, get_small_gravatar, sql_sanitize, sanitize_space, and countOnline
- Fix duplicate error for adding/editing vote sites.
- Fix error language on the vote site page

when you will release this update ?

Reaction score
@greenelfx, when you removed the Mail feature, you forgot to remove the following line
sources/public/members.php:67
hKTKdLS - [BETA] MapleBitCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Don't forget to remove an <hr/> of either the previous output or the next one. :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks, noob friendly website

Last edited:
Back