Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[BETA] MapleBitCMS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm trying to put SQL details but it's not working for me.
Any help?...

Edit:
That's the specific error I get, I am using root password for SQL to prevent hackers.
Connect failed: Access denied for user 'root'@'10.2.1.45' (using password: YES)

Reaction score
I'm trying to put SQL details but it's not working for me.
Any help?...

Edit:
That's the specific error I get, I am using root password for SQL to prevent hackers.

Browse to source/assets/config/database.php and change the DB credentials to yours. If you have the correct credentials and have a mysqld service running, it should connect just fine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Browse to source/assets/config/database.php and change the DB credentials to yours. If you have the correct credentials and have a mysqld service running, it should connect just fine.

Alright, that's what there
//SQL Information
$host['hostname'] = 'localhost'; // Hostname [Usually locahost]
$host['user'] = 'root'; // Database Username [Usually root]
$host['password'] = '123456'; // Database Password [Leave blank if unsure]
$host['database'] = 'mapleblade'; // Database Name

How can I know what's my database name, expect that I filld everything exactly like mine and put it back into the host and still same.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't directly edit the config files. You need to know what your database name is lol

How can I know what my database name is? I am really sorry, I barely know about SQL.
I know the username, password (I got one, I'm sure). But I have no clue about the database name, where can I see it?

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Then that's exactly what I'm doing.
Look over here:

And that's the error I get:

You get that error because you're failing to connect to your db server. Not sure why you're getting an actual IP address in that error, since if you use localhost, it should say root@localhost. Check if the root user exists in that db server (it should, but doesn't hurt to double check) and double check to make sure that your password is actually 123456 (or whatever password you chose, if you just changed the value for the purposes of your post).

If you're accessing your db server externally (meaning web server and db server are not on the same server), make sure that your db server is allowing whatever IP address that the web server is in.

Also, sometimes (depending on how you've set your MySQL server) you may not have permissions/grants setup properly even if you're on localhost so you may want to double check those as well.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for this will use this for my first private server! :D

uh i need some help haha,

ive added the files to my Wamp ( localhost www folder )

i installed it and its working fine.

now i need others to see my website aswell?
i am using no-ip as a DNS

but, nobody can connect as i noticed i didnt had to fill in a single IP adress except for where my database is connected ( wich is 127.0.01 ) or do i need to change that to my own IP adress >?

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Thanks for this will use this for my first private server! :D

uh i need some help haha,

ive added the files to my Wamp ( localhost www folder )

i installed it and its working fine.

now i need others to see my website aswell?
i am using no-ip as a DNS

but, nobody can connect as i noticed i didnt had to fill in a single IP adress except for where my database is connected ( wich is 127.0.01 ) or do i need to change that to my own IP adress >?

This doesn't have to do with the website. The localhost/127.0.0.1 for your database is fine and doesn't affect your users in anyway.
You have to portforward port 80 (and the server ports as well). Go to the Help section and ask if you need any further help with portforwarding.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This doesn't have to do with the website. The localhost/127.0.0.1 for your database is fine and doesn't affect your users in anyway.
You have to portforward port 80 (and the server ports as well). Go to the Help section and ask if you need any further help with portforwarding.
yeah i ndid that straight after i posted here i forgot to change it here haha :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I'm hoping someone could help me. I've been trying to set up a private server. I was successful with a 142 build, but it was incomplete, so i'm trying to downgrade to a 117 source. Trouble is, for some reason MapleBit isn't writing to my database, meaning I can't login to MapleBit or Maplestory because the "account" table isn't being written to. All the server login stuff is just fine, accessing the base is not a problem. It's just writing that's the problem.

I've tried dropping and re-creating the database, re-installing WAMP (my server program), MapleBit, etc... From what I can tell, everything is fine, but the maple-related stuff just can't edit the database (or schema if you will).

I would appreciate any help you folks can give me.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Hello, I'm hoping someone could help me. I've been trying to set up a private server. I was successful with a 142 build, but it was incomplete, so i'm trying to downgrade to a 117 source. Trouble is, for some reason MapleBit isn't writing to my database, meaning I can't login to MapleBit or Maplestory because the "account" table isn't being written to. All the server login stuff is just fine, accessing the base is not a problem. It's just writing that's the problem.

I've tried dropping and re-creating the database, re-installing WAMP (my server program), MapleBit, etc... From what I can tell, everything is fine, but the maple-related stuff just can't edit the database (or schema if you will).

I would appreciate any help you folks can give me.

Check your mysql permissions. Make sure the mysql user/pass that your site is connecting to the database with can WRITE to the database under the Management section in Workbench.
Make sure nothing is blocking proper connections to your database as well. Check your antivirus (I'm grasping for straws here, but some of these can do just a tad too much when protecting you).

If you're positive about that, check to make sure that PHP or MySQL isn't experiencing any errors. Remove/comment out error_reporting if you have it and report any errors. Check any error logs as well.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check your mysql permissions. Make sure the mysql user/pass that your site is connecting to the database with can WRITE to the database under the Management section in Workbench.
Make sure nothing is blocking proper connections to your database as well. Check your antivirus (I'm grasping for straws here, but some of these can do just a tad too much when protecting you).

If you're positive about that, check to make sure that PHP or MySQL isn't experiencing any errors. Remove/comment out error_reporting if you have it and report any errors. Check any error logs as well.

Unfortunately, your suggestions didn't work, and I'm not sure where to look for error_reporting. What bothers me is that the problem appeared suddenly, though the database was updating just fine for a while. Something might have broken along the way with my tinkering, but surely the reinstalling I did would have wiped the slate.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Unfortunately, your suggestions didn't work, and I'm not sure where to look for error_reporting. What bothers me is that the problem appeared suddenly, though the database was updating just fine for a while. Something might have broken along the way with my tinkering, but surely the reinstalling I did would have wiped the slate.

Can you create a new PHP file and then run the following? Please report results.

PHP:
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);

// Database Configuration
$host['hostname'] = 'localhost'; 
$host['user'] = 'root'; 
$host['password'] = ''; 
$host['database'] = 'databasename'; 

$db = new PDO("mysql:host=".$host['hostname'].";dbname=".$host['database']."", $host['user'], $host['password']); 
$db->setAttribute(PDO::ATTR_ERRMODE, PDO::ERRMODE_EXCEPTION);

// Test
	try {
	$query = $db->prepare("INSERT INTO accounts (name, password) VALUES (:name, :pass)");
	$query->bindParam(':name', $name);
	$query->bindParam(':pass', $pass);

$name = md5(rand(1,665)+strtotime(date('curr_date')));
	$pass = md5(rand(666,999)+strtotime(date('curr_date')));

$query->execute();
	} catch(PDOException $exception) { 
	   echo $exception->getMessage();
    } 
?>

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
maplefreak26,

The page spits this birthday thing out, and I've seen this birthday crap before, but I don't know how to fix it.

SQLSTATE[22007]: Invalid datetime format: 1292 Incorrect date value: '0000-00-00' for column 'birthday' at row 1

UPDATE:
I went into the original sql table-generating script provided by the source, and saw that if no birthday or bantime is set, it defaults to all zeros, which is something that mysql apparently doesn't like. I set both it to an actual date, but the table still doesn't update with a new account, and the error page you gave prints this:

SQLSTATE[22001]: String data, right truncated: 1406 Data too long for column 'name' at row 1

UPDATE 2:
The previous problem was the fact that the original script limits "name" to 13 characters, and your script inputs a name with more character. With trial and error, I managed to make your script input 'name' in the name column, and your script stopped printing anything. I checked the table, and voila, the "name" account was there!

My sincerest thanks!

So what I understand the problem to be:

The MapleBit registration script doesn't input a birthday and banned time into the respective columns. Depending on the sql script used to generate the database tables, it'll put a default into the fields. If the script has all zeros as default, MySQL will return an error and refuse to input anything. The solution is to put a valid date as default for both 'birthday' and 'tempban,' or add a birthday field to the MapleBit registration page. This "date" problem applies to any sql table, it'll do nothing if it finds all zeros. Make sure to check your scripts and put a valid date as any "default" settings.

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Reaction score
The MapleBit registration script doesn't input a birthday and banned time into the respective columns. Depending on the sql script used to generate the database tables, it'll put a default into the fields. If the script has all zeros as default, MySQL will return an error and refuse to input anything. The solution is to put a valid date as default for both 'birthday' and 'tempban,' or add a birthday field to the MapleBit registration page. This "date" problem applies to any sql table, it'll do nothing if it finds all zeros. Make sure to check your scripts and put a valid date as any "default" settings.

So glad you found a solution! Congrats on fixing it! :)

Reaction score
Officially released v1.13 (April 22)

Changes from v1.12 (Jan 19):
- Add better pagination system
- Bootstrap 3.3.4 -> 3.3.6
- FontAwesome 4.40 -> 4.6.1
- Fix HTML validation on several pages
- Fix Rankings query limit
- Remove all references to MapleStory
- Fix unset error on profile page
- , standardize function calls
- General cleanup

Thanks for using MapleBit! I don't have much time to develop/fix things anymore, but there isn't really much to fix anymore so it all works out!

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i can't find forgot password page? MapleBit not have forgot.php page?

Back