Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[BETA] MapleBitCMS

Reaction score
Just a heads up:
I'm going to try and finish up the commenting system this week. Hoping to fix nested quotes, comment ordering (should be newest first), and maybe even a voting system (?)

Reaction score
Update 7/1/14:
- Updated all CSS to Bootstrap v3.2.0
- Updated FontAwesome to v4.1.0
- Added Comment Nesting (finally!)

greenelfx - [BETA] MapleBitCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks for being patient with the comments! More improvements will come soon.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The font size of the quotes kind of distract you from the response and I think there should be a limit since I imagine it could very well get chaotic if there were too many nested quotes. (As in, it shouldn't go in deeper if it's already taking over half of the comment area)

Reaction score
The font size of the quotes kind of distract you from the response and I think there should be a limit since I imagine it could very well get chaotic if there were too many nested quotes. (As in, it shouldn't go in deeper if it's already taking over half of the comment area)

Yep, this is what I meant by "more improvements" :p
Should be fixed by tonight
Edit: Fixed..sort of:

I'm still not totally happy with how the comment system works, so this may be an area of major overhaul in the future.
Some ideas I have include merging the comments into one database table, allowing for username mentions, and a reworked way of commenting all together

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
need Help woth this problem :(

[h=2]Rankings[/h]
IT IS LINE 58
Unknown column 'c.reborns' in 'field list'

and this problem :(:REMOVED

Reaction score
7/7/14:
- Debug mode removed
- Small admin panel changes
- v1.05 formally released

All MapleBit installations will see an update message in the next 6 hours :)

--
Edit: Looking into integrating Disqus with MapleBit..seems like a better alternative than rewriting my own commenting system from scratch.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very good CMS, But when i try to vote it says: Error - Could not look up vote record!
Please help me :(

C# developer
Reaction score
7/7/14:
- Debug mode removed
- Small admin panel changes
- v1.05 formally released

All MapleBit installations will see an update message in the next 6 hours :)

--
Edit: Looking into integrating Disqus with MapleBit..seems like a better alternative than rewriting my own commenting system from scratch.

meh, we love ur coding btr :p

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just wanted to announce that I will stop developing MapleBit in a few weeks. It's been a lot of fun, and a great learning experience. When I first started developing MapleBit, I had no idea what OOP, templating via Blade/Twig, etc. were. This CMS has made me a better programmer! I feel that I have succeeded in the goal that I set out for, which was delivering a modern CMS to the maplestory community. Whenever I click a GTOP link and see that the server is using MapleBit, I feel accomplished :p

The main reason that I'm stopping development is that I won't have much time, and that this CMS is essentially at a dead end. Granted, the original authors of Cype released Cype at a time where MVC and other design patterns weren't prevalent, but now I feel limited using this home brewed CMS. The CMS doesn't support MVC, routing, (real) templating, and etc. It would be a huge pain to attempt to migrate the CMS to a framework, such as Laravel.

That being said, I am committed to releasing bug fixes for this CMS.

Again, thanks for using MapleBit, and thanks for supporting the development of this CMS!
- greenelfx

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can anyone help me please... i cant get pass the Database setting part...
I'm pretty sure the information i provided was correct.. But i kept getting this
[IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/ima...me with this problem and Thanks in advance ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Erm... so i managed to get a different error when i put my username as MySQL@localhost:3306

[IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/images/404_image.png[/IMG] Anyway to fix any of this error?

Reaction score
Had some time before my classes and workout this morning, so I pushed out a tiny update that allows you to delete voting sites (surprisingly, I forgot to put this in...).
t1pZYTy - [BETA] MapleBitCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

It's great to see that so many people are still using this CMS! Enjoy :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
C# developer
Reaction score
Had some time before my classes and workout this morning, so I pushed out a tiny update that allows you to delete voting sites (surprisingly, I forgot to put this in...).

It's great to see that so many people are still using this CMS! Enjoy :)

We use it because its the best ;)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how would I add a donations page? And also, how do I link my forum without adding the localhost/forumlinkhere?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As I can add those extras as well as BoomBoomMS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I receive this error when i open My Characters after logging in.

Reaction score
Seems like I have to manually edit bit_properties. The installation can't save the work to bit_properties, even Site Configuration at Admin panel. Only vote configuration can be saved from Admin panel.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems like I have to manually edit bit_properties. The installation can't save the work to bit_properties, even Site Configuration at Admin panel. Only vote configuration can be saved from Admin panel.

Hey i have the same issue as you there.. Did you manage to find what values to add to those tables?

Reaction score

Most likely an issue with your WAMP/XAMPP Version. Can you tell me what version of WAMP, Apache, and PHP you are using?

Back