[BETA] MapleBitCMS

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast
    MemberRank
    Nov 2013 Join Date
    19Posts

Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

[BETA] MapleBitCMS
    This is really nice, and I really like the "self customization" part. It makes customization easier and it's really unique IMO, but I'm a tad confused. Do I put the maplebitcms.zip files into www directory and run localhost then setup? Cause I tried that and I get an Internal Server Error.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

EDIT: FIXED !
    Last edited by LagAhSee; 28-12-13 at 03:48 PM.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2012 Join Date
    skorchLocation
    354Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LagAhSee View Post
    This is really nice, and I really like the "self customization" part. It makes customization easier and it's really unique IMO, but I'm a tad confused. Do I put the maplebitcms.zip files into www directory and run localhost then setup? Cause I tried that and I get an Internal Server Error.

EDIT: Fixed it, but now I have this problem.
    Is the website in your webserver's root folder?

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

EDIT: Fixed it, but now I have this problem.
    That means that your base URL is incorrect. If your website is in the "root" directory, meaning it's it's just in the "www" or "htdocs" folder, then the location of the CMS should be in "/"
    Usually, the installer automatically detects the correct path, so it's strange that this happened.
    Where is your website located? (In a folder? In root?)

InactiveRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    29Posts

Gawd, pain ass php coding.
    Nobody ever heard of something called Template-Engine?

MemberRank
    Nov 2013 Join Date
    19Posts

I fixed it, it was a really dumb mistake on my part. You were right greenelf, it did automatically detect the correct path, I was just being dumb lol. Thanks again to greenelf and Hecarim (one of the best junglers IMO) for the support. Great site, thank the lord for you elf lol.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

I fixed it, it was a really dumb mistake on my part. You were right greenelf, it did automatically detect the correct path, I was just being dumb lol. Thanks again to greenelf and Hecarim (one of the best junglers IMO) for the support. Great site, thank the lord for you elf lol.
    Glad you resolved it!

Quote Originally Posted by k4ni View Post
    Gawd, pain ass php coding.
    Nobody ever heard of something called Template-Engine?
    I have, but I have no plans on integrating something like Smarty at the moment.

MemberRank
    Nov 2013 Join Date
    19Posts

Not sure if It's only me, but logging in, it says 'Wrong username or password' BUT if you refresh the page or go click on another tab, it logs you in.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

Not sure if It's only me, but logging in, it says 'Wrong username or password' BUT if you refresh the page or go click on another tab, it logs you in.
    This issue is known to occur if you try to login with a newly created account on the registration page (as in, you just registered, and then you try to login at the register page). Is this what happened for you?

MemberRank
    Nov 2013 Join Date
    19Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greenelfx View Post
    This issue is known to occur if you try to login with a newly created account on the registration page (as in, you just registered, and then you try to login at the register page). Is this what happened for you?
    No, I already had an account made from mysql. I did try making a new account (from the registration page) and that account could not log in at all. The one from mysql, you just need to refresh the page and you would be logged in.

BannedRank
    Sep 2012 Join Date
    The MatrixLocation
    466Posts

When you register on the CMS, does it print of the password in Plain Text or SHA1? Some sources only accept Plain Text.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SilentThief View Post
    When you register on the CMS, does it print of the password in Plain Text or SHA1? Some sources only accept Plain Text.
    SHA1. In my opinion, it would be wrong to allow plaintext password registration. If I do add this as a configuration option, the registration page will most definitely make it clear to the user that their information is being stored in an insecure way.

No, I already had an account made from mysql. I did try making a new account (from the registration page) and that account could not log in at all. The one from mysql, you just need to refresh the page and you would be logged in.
    That's strange, PM me and we can talk more.

MemberRank
    Nov 2013 Join Date
    19Posts

SHA1. In my opinion, it would be wrong to allow plaintext password registration. If I do add this as a configuration option, the registration page will most definitely make it clear to the user that their information is being stored in an insecure way.

That's strange, PM me and we can talk more.
    Nvm, dumb mistake on my part again. lol. but the problem with refreshing to be signed is still an issue (just letting you know).
    Last edited by LagAhSee; 28-12-13 at 10:18 PM.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    805Posts

Nice! Hopefully, it goes into an official release :)

True MemberRank
    May 2013 Join Date
    At your house.Location
    218Posts

This is a really good CMS.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wire View Post
    This is a really good CMS.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Burblish View Post
    Nice! Hopefully, it goes into an official release :)
    I hope so too
    @all, if you use this CMS for your server, shoot me a PM with your link!

Edit: Just pushed out an update which addresses the bug @LagAhSee found! Also fixes a variable naming issue which caused errors on the news/events/gmblog pages.
    Last edited by greenelfx; 30-12-13 at 12:15 AM.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Advertisement