Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[BETA] MapleBitCMS

Reaction score
Good job, thanks for your dedication to the project, definitely a good website by a good developer.
Don't see a reason in revamping the theme switching, it's good as it is (in my opinion at least).
May I suggest, instead of removing the PHPMailer, why not coding a "Forgot/Reset Password" feature that sends it to user's Email?
It shouldn't be much of a trouble :p

Thanks :). I only really update it when I have free time on the weekends occasionally.
Theme switching was always one of the weakest features of MapleBit, and there was no reason for something so simple to be so cumbersome. The radio buttons did not properly adjust to the selected theme or navigation bar. There were so many hoops to view your theme. Now, there is only one page:
greenelfx - [BETA] MapleBitCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Simply click on the theme and navigation bar you want, and you can preview the page with the selected theme. Once you've found a theme you like, click "Apply theme," and you're done! (Radio buttons now adjust to selected theme/nav)

PS: I don't want to support PHPMailer due to the added configuration options.

Reaction score
Thanks :). I only really update it when I have free time on the weekends occasionally.
Theme switching was always one of the weakest features of MapleBit, and there was no reason for something so simple to be so cumbersome. The radio buttons did not properly adjust to the selected theme or navigation bar. There were so many hoops to view your theme. Now, there is only one page:

Simply click on the theme and navigation bar you want, and you can preview the page with the selected theme. Once you've found a theme you like, click "Apply theme," and you're done! (Radio buttons now adjust to selected theme/nav)

PS: I don't want to support PHPMailer due to the added configuration options.

You can use @mail instead of PHPMailer, no configuration needed.
Could be as simple as that:
PHP:
@mail($email_to, $email_subject, $email_message, $headers);
Just define the variables with the user data and server data (say server name & email address), make a form to which the user inputs his email address associated with his account and that'll be the $email_to.
I'll soon start tweaking you MB site, the more I learn PHP = the more I'll add to it :3

Reaction score
You can use @mail instead of PHPMailer, no configuration needed.
Could be as simple as that:
PHP:
@mail($email_to, $email_subject, $email_message, $headers);
Just define the variables with the user data and server data (say server name & email address), make a form to which the user inputs his email address associated with his account and that'll be the $email_to.
I'll soon start tweaking you MB site, the more I learn PHP = the more I'll add to it :3

Using mail isn't a good solution, and neither is PHPMailer. Registration mails should have 100% reliability. You have to think about the target audience of MapleBit. This site aims for the "one size fits all" mantra, meaning that anyone can set it up, on any machine. Enabling and configuring mail can be a pain. If mail becomes a vital component to completing registrations, there is a very big chance that some sites may not send the email at all, which would keep people from using MapleBit.

The proper way to handle mailing would be to use a 3rd party service, such as Mandrill or Mailgun, and there's no way I would ever consider forcing people to use those services.

That being said, MapleBit is open source, so you may fork it and add your mail tweaks in.

Edit 8/2/15:
- Closed tickets can no longer have new comments added.
- Closed tickets now show that they have been closed on the User Control Panel side. (thanks maplefreak26)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Using mail isn't a good solution, and neither is PHPMailer. Registration mails should have 100% reliability. You have to think about the target audience of MapleBit. This site aims for the "one size fits all" mantra, meaning that anyone can set it up, on any machine. Enabling and configuring mail can be a pain. If mail becomes a vital component to completing registrations, there is a very big chance that some sites may not send the email at all, which would keep people from using MapleBit.

The proper way to handle mailing would be to use a 3rd party service, such as Mandrill or Mailgun, and there's no way I would ever consider forcing people to use those services.

That being said, MapleBit is open source, so you may fork it and add your mail tweaks in.

Edit 8/2/15:
- Closed tickets can no longer have new comments added.
- Closed tickets now show that they have been closed on the User Control Panel side. (thanks @maplefreak26)
Never said anything about registration, I only suggested to add a new feature (that doesn't exist currently and does not require any external component/extra configuration) of retrieving lost password (for registered accounts obviously).
I'll add it later on and may fork your MB :)

What should I use? Xampp or Wamp?

Doesn't really matter, as long it has Apache engine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Never said anything about registration, I only suggested to add a new feature (that doesn't exist currently and does not require any external component/extra configuration) of retrieving lost password (for registered accounts obviously).
I'll add it later on and may fork your MB :)

Right, but as I've said before, properly implementing email setup is something that will take too much time and effort. MapleBit is a "dead" platform, there is no point in adding new features, your time would be spent much better learning how to use PHP frameworks. Implementing some half assed PHPMailer solution will take 10-15 minutes tops.

Update 8/7/15: Cleaned up sidebar UI, cleaned up GM logs (currently inaccessible through the sidebar). Also plugged a small security issue regarding home editing via ajax. This is not a huge issue, so it is not necessary to update.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Big fan of your CMS platforms, just a cool idea, should add like avatar image uploads for users that display in comments & admin posts :eek:
Even saw some server make their own forum through their cms, using the same concept as the news posts and all sorta. Would be a neat addition.

Reaction score
Big fan of your CMS platforms, just a cool idea, should add like avatar image uploads for users that display in comments & admin posts :eek:
Even saw some server make their own forum through their cms, using the same concept as the news posts and all sorta. Would be a neat addition.

Users can already have avatars through gravatar.com
this removes the issue of having to support file uploads and file storage

Reaction score
Ohhh alright, yeah I was thinking of uploading the files straight to your host, yeah I guess thats better.
Nice work anyway

Yeah it would be nice to have, but gravatar just simplifies the whole process. and thanks!
Edit 8/8/15:
- Removed all comment formatting for admin homepage to simplify some things.
- Fixed redirect issue when deleting comments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was looking at something, and for some reason none of the toggle's in AdminCP work including the profile one within the navagation bar.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did some minor restructuring the other day when I was updating the JS. Should be fixed now, thanks for reporting the issue.
Since I'm new to your updating system, I don't want to replace the whole folder what did you edit so that I can fix it on my end.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey GreenelFx just wanted to let you know, I love you development on the website. Most modern CMS ever.
I was testing it and found out that the drop-down menus in the admin panel don't work (In some pages like the admin panel or gm but they work in Community or Content pages (which you cant access unless you're already in one of them)). Also, might want to change some options such as themes to a html list instead of radio buttons. Or maybe in the future even try connecting it to a search engine for compatible themes in bootswatch. Lastly, be sure to checkup on the Links, Game Info, and Comments tabs in the Site Configuration page. Other than that it's good.
Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey GreenelFx just wanted to let you know, I love you development on the website. Most modern CMS ever.
I was testing it and found out that the drop-down menus in the admin panel don't work (In some pages like the admin panel or gm but they work in Community or Content pages (which you cant access unless you're already in one of them)). Also, might want to change some options such as themes to a html list instead of radio buttons. Or maybe in the future even try connecting it to a search engine for compatible themes in bootswatch. Lastly, be sure to checkup on the Links, Game Info, and Comments tabs in the Site Configuration page. Other than that it's good.
Keep up the great work!

Hey, this issue has been fixed. Please see the posts above
The reason the themes are radio buttons is so that people can preview them faster than a list.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey greenelfx I like the style and everything on the site, but, I've a little issue, It doesnt work for me :(

It says that i've completed it and all but this is how it looks like:

(im using MapleBit-master.zip)

The only thing that didnt work was to make an Administrator account.

It's possible that the installation did not find the correct column of Accounts in the database (it is set to "name" by default, some source uses "account" while the most common is "name").
You did not fill in the path correctly, that's why the assets (css, js, images, etc..) are not rendered, they simply cannot be found.
Use a trailing Slash and put the correct path.

Reaction score
Hey greenelfx I like the style and everything on the site, but, I've a little issue, It doesnt work for me :(

It says that i've completed it and all but this is how it looks like:

(im using MapleBit-master.zip)

The only thing that didnt work was to make an Administrator account.

I thought that I had fixed this issue a while ago. The issue is that your site path wasn't detected properly which is strange. You'll have to manually go into bit_properties and change the siteurl property to the correct value.
----------

I wanted to showcase the new YouTube embedding functionality in CKEditor. I know a lot of people like embedding videos on their homepage, so now you'll be able to do that (as well as news, events, and gmblogs). Enjoy!

jXsDGaa - [BETA] MapleBitCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

HLqUC9U - [BETA] MapleBitCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back