Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[BETA] MapleBitCMS

Reaction score
Actually it can be adapted for MU servers.
He wants to switch to MSSQL/SQLServer? Not a problem.
Adjusting it to work for MU? A matter of modifying the queries and simple front end out put, not so difficult.
This CMS is really simple, which makes it easier to modify than other CMSs, the more simple it is the easier it is to modify it.
From personal experience, transforming this CMS from MS to MU would be less work than adjusting Wordpress or Drupal for MU.

Why would you want to rewrite all the queries? If you're making such drastic changes you would be better off using a real framework to build a CMS. MapleBit is for MapleStory, period. And besides, nobody would use Wordpress or Drupal for a game server website, this isn't 2010 anymore lol

Reaction score
12/1/2015:
Fixed vulnerability with news/events/gmblog titles. It is recommended that you update to the latest version, but it is not a high priority issue (provided that you trust people who have access to the Admin/GM panel).

12/2/2015:

It is strongly recommended that you update ASAP.

v1.12 will be coming very soon to address other vulnerabilities

Last edited:
Reaction score
12/1/2015:
Fixed vulnerability with news/events/gmblog titles. It is recommended that you update to the latest version, but it is not a high priority issue (provided that you trust people who have access to the Admin/GM panel).

12/2/2015:

Why is it still in beta?

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
12/1/2015:

12/2/2015:

I have a question about your recent build, I looked over it and saw this snippet you added.
PHP:
\" style=\"word-wrap: break-word;
Why not add this style to the class "well" in CSS? Every piece that you added this snippet it seems to be associated with that class. Just wondering is all, idk if you have exceptions and whatnot.

Reaction score
Why is it still in beta?
Because saying beta gives me the freedom to potentially break things, and have bugs. Once all the bugs are ironed out, the beta tag will be dropped. I think we may be getting close!

I have a question about your recent build, I looked over it and saw this snippet you added.
PHP:
\" style=\"word-wrap: break-word;
Why not add this style to the class "well" in CSS? Every piece that you added this snippet it seems to be associated with that class. Just wondering is all, idk if you have exceptions and whatnot.

Turns out I already have an auxiliary class that handles this rule, changed in the latest commit. Thanks!

Reaction score
Great job, it's really amazing to see how dedicated you're with this development (by the end of this month it will be 2 whole years and still counting).

Are there any known or possible vulnerabilities? I visited the support thread and there aren't new posts there over 6 months so I figured I should ask it here.

I'm going to refactor it on my free time and make my own version of it, although it will still be MapleBit in huge chunks of it, it will be at least different structure-wise.
I suggest you include in your next commit a global message system, MySQL failsafe (to display a maintenance webpage when the connection to database breaks) and error logging like I did for ValkyriaMS a couple months ago, it will really improve it and make it more fit for productions than it is now. The last thing server owners want is their users to see random errors when something breaks (even when it's something as simple as SQL connection problems or any possible technical issue).
Nonetheless, great work with your CMS :)

P.S. I must say, if it wasn't for your MapleBit I wouldn't have had my hands down in PHP at all, so thank you for that ;)

Reaction score
Great job, it's really amazing to see how dedicated you're with this development (by the end of this month it will be 2 whole years and still counting).

Are there any known or possible vulnerabilities? I visited the support thread and there aren't new posts there over 6 months so I figured I should ask it here.

I'm going to refactor it on my free time and make my own version of it, although it will still be MapleBit in huge chunks of it, it will be at least different structure-wise.
I suggest you include in your next commit a global message system, MySQL failsafe (to display a maintenance webpage when the connection to database breaks) and error logging like I did for ValkyriaMS a couple months ago, it will really improve it and make it more fit for productions than it is now. The last thing server owners want is their users to see random errors when something breaks (even when it's something as simple as SQL connection problems or any possible technical issue).
Nonetheless, great work with your CMS :)

P.S. I must say, if it wasn't for your MapleBit I wouldn't have had my hands down in PHP at all, so thank you for that ;)

I don't think there are too many people who are actively looking for exploits/vulnerabilities, because I seem to find all of them (none are reported). So I'd say this CMS is reasonably safe to use, but I can never be certain, mostly because it's such a large codebase. Most of the bugs/vulnerabilities arise because the CMS is written in plain PHP. Instead of making your own version of MapleBit, you should learn a real PHP framework. This will test your programming skills far more than adapting someone else's code. Finally, I have already committed to bug fixes and vulnerability fixes only, as MapleBit is in "maintenance" mode. You're more than welcome to develop these features are submit a Pull Request.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Because saying beta gives me the freedom to potentially break things, and have bugs. Once all the bugs are ironed out, the beta tag will be dropped. I think we may be getting close!

This gave me a good chuckle, I can definitely relate to that in my coding projects. haha
Thanks for sticking with this project. You've been doing some good things here, man.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It does my heart good to come back after such long periods of absence and still see threads like this active in the Maplestory section. Many, including myself could learn from the effort and dedication you've put into this project. Lord knows how many projects I've started that are now gathering dust in some directory deep within my C:/ drive.

Testing this in the early days was a blast and I was glad to play a (very) small part in helping it grow. In any case, I'm glad you're still going strong and I'll uncork the champagne when that beta tag is ready to make it's exit.

Good stuff, good stuff.

Reaction score
It does my heart good to come back after such long periods of absence and still see threads like this active in the Maplestory section. Many, including myself could learn from the effort and dedication you've put into this project. Lord knows how many projects I've started that are now gathering dust in some directory deep within my C:/ drive.

Testing this in the early days was a blast and I was glad to play a (very) small part in helping it grow. In any case, I'm glad you're still going strong and I'll uncork the champagne when that beta tag is ready to make it's exit.

Good stuff, good stuff.

Thanks for helping out in the very beginning!
----

I'm most likely going to remove the Mailing system, because of numerous issues with the code, my lack of desire to fix the system, and the fact that it's a fairly unused feature (replaced by forums). If anyone has any reasons for keeping it around, speak up now!

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Turns out I already have an auxiliary class that handles this rule, changed in the latest commit. Thanks!
Alright :) I hate using style a lot since it mix CSS language with other langugages lol. Also Snopboy suggested the MySQL Failsafe, I would recommend you add this feature. I added this in maplebyte however I havent touched it in over an year, so idk how exactly I did it. It's really nice to have it in case either your mysql server crash from ddos the server will go down along side breaking the website itself so users won't know how to communicate since the site broke. I believe I use PDO exceptions in case the pdo execution broke.

First see what happens when your connection is broken by changing the the db connect, then check how the site looks when you break each sql one by one. In example you rename the "characters" table, and see how the ranking page looks and behaves. I love having these exceptions to better understand what happened and what is broken. More user friendly in my opinion.

Reaction score
Alright :) I hate using style a lot since it mix CSS language with other langugages lol. Also Snopboy suggested the MySQL Failsafe, I would recommend you add this feature. I added this in maplebyte however I havent touched it in over an year, so idk how exactly I did it. It's really nice to have it in case either your mysql server crash from ddos the server will go down along side breaking the website itself so users won't know how to communicate since the site broke. I believe I use PDO exceptions in case the pdo execution broke.

First see what happens when your connection is broken by changing the the db connect, then check how the site looks when you break each sql one by one. In example you rename the "characters" table, and see how the ranking page looks and behaves. I love having these exceptions to better understand what happened and what is broken. More user friendly in my opinion.

I started doing that (see the main rankings page), but realize it's a fool's errand to add exceptions for every SQL query. I've already acknowledged that MapleBit is extremely outdated, and I'm not really interested in putting in the time to bring it up to speed with modern standards (my private CMS framework has already surpassed MapleBit. See mapleharbor.net for a demo!)
I'm just trying to make the site secure and bug free at this point!

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Greenelf, Kudos. You have come a LONG way from when I first met you on mapletalk, and I have to say I am very impressed to see you still going with this project

Reaction score

I started doing that (see the main rankings page), but realize it's a fool's errand to add exceptions for every SQL query. I've already acknowledged that MapleBit is extremely outdated, and I'm not really interested in putting in the time to bring it up to speed with modern standards (my private CMS framework has already surpassed MapleBit. See mapleharbor.net for a demo!)
I'm just trying to make the site secure and bug free at this point!

Greenelf is right, it's indeed a fool's errand to add exceptions for every query.
One of the most important principles of programming is to not repeat your code, instead - find a way to use the same code dynamically for each function that requires it.
In that case, the failsafe mentioned above (the one I made with MapleBit for ValkyriaMS) is a very simple one that basically checks whether the connection to DB exists and functions properly, if it does it will run the switch block of all the pages (base=main, base=gmcp, etc..) if there is no connection it will run a different code block that includes a static Maintenance page that refreshes every few minutes to check if it's back working properly.
On the other hand, a better way of doing it (like I'm doing in my latest development and most frameworks do it that way) is making a query builder that builds your query based on parameters passed to it and within this query builder, it adds exceptions, that way you only need to add a single exception yet it applies to all queries (provided every query is built using the QueryBuilder).
I might make a QueryBuilder for MapleBit and edit a clean version of it (with no custom modifications) and apply the QueryBuilder for every query there to shorten the amount of work you have though don't take my word for it because I already have my hands full with this development and other projects I'm working on.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello greenelfx and Happy New Year! :)

I plan to make a few changes to my maplebit-based website and I just wanted to ask you for your input.
Here are some things that I will change or add for increased accessibility:
Code:
-Add favicon uploader (Lots of people use maplebit, but now lots of websites have the same icons lol)
-Add page attribute checkboxes/menu options (So some pages can be hidden from menu)
-Add customizable mysql donation's page (paypal? credit?)
-Make job selection on Rankings page, drop down menu (too many jobs)

I congratulate you again on your work. It is up to you whether or not you might want to add these user-friendly UI functionalities too but it'd help a lot of people. :w00t:

Thank you again and
Best Regards

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I plan to make a few changes to my maplebit-based website and I just wanted to ask you for your input.
Code:
-Add favicon uploader (Lots of people use maplebit, but now lots of websites have the same icons lol)
-Add page attribute checkboxes/menu options (So some pages can be hidden from menu)

I congratulate you again on your work. It is up to you whether or not you might want to add these user-friendly UI functionalities too but it'd help a lot of people. :w00t:

Thank you again and
Best Regards

Reaction score

Code:

Thank you again and
Best Regards

Hey, thanks for the feedback.
I'm not sure what you mean for the second bullet point, as that feature already exists:
l5IfoBG - [BETA] MapleBitCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

For the first point, I think replacing the favicon.ico file is pretty straightforward, so I won't be adding that.
#3 is a pretty big feature, and MapleBit is basically in maintenance mode, so only bug fixes and enhancements.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Looked into how pages were handled, and made some tweaks. Thanks kevintingg

1/3/2016 - First MapleBit commit of 2016!
- Removed SQL query for custom pages
- Removed SQL query for navbar
- Removed Mailing system
- Fixed JS issues on news, events, and GM blogs when an error occurred or cooldown was in effect.
- Removed all references to MS.

To do:
Remove GD from repository

I've been slowly phasing out any sort of relation between MapleBit and MS/Nexon property, in case you were wondering of the changes these past few weeks.

Last edited:
Back