Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[BETA] MapleBitCMS

Reaction score
Looked into how pages were handled, and made some tweaks. Thanks @kevintingg

1/3/2016 - First MapleBit commit of 2016!
- Removed SQL query for custom pages
- Removed SQL query for navbar
- Removed Mailing system
- Fixed JS issues on news, events, and GM blogs when an error occurred or cooldown was in effect.
- Removed all references to MS.

To do:
Remove GD from repository

I've been slowly phasing out any sort of relation between MapleBit and MS/Nexon property, in case you were wondering of the changes these past few weeks.

I can't understand why would you possibly remove all references to MapleStory, if it's because of Nexon then this is completely idiotic, the last thing they'd care about is whether a certain website contains references to their trademark, which by the way is completely allowed by law since it's a fair use of the trademark (i.e. the name).

In sources/public/members.php you have double commas which can lead to some errors.
ahHNhFh - [BETA] MapleBitCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Another thing is that you should not repeat yourself, instead make a new function to handle this, and call the function in each header.php file.
HtSXaNo - [BETA] MapleBitCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Another small thing is that you use too many double quotes ("), in excessive use of this, it slows the application down a bit because double quotes is used to tell the parser that there's a variable along with the string while there is none. Also this bothers me for some reason (ocd, sorry).

Nevertheless, great job! :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
I can't understand why would you possibly remove all references to MapleStory, if it's because of Nexon then this is completely idiotic, the last thing they'd care about is whether a certain website contains references to their trademark, which by the way is completely allowed by law since it's a fair use of the trademark (i.e. the name).

In sources/public/members.php you have double commas which can lead to some errors.
ahHNhFh - [BETA] MapleBitCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Another thing is that you should not repeat yourself, instead make a new function to handle this, and call the function in each header.php file.
HtSXaNo - [BETA] MapleBitCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Another small thing is that you use too many double quotes ("), in excessive use of this, it slows the application down a bit because double quotes is used to tell the parser that there's a variable along with the string while there is none. Also this bothers me for some reason (ocd, sorry).

Nevertheless, great job! :)
If it really bothers you, you are more than welcome to submit a PR. Performance is negligible.
Also, MapleBit has never had too many references to MS. I was only able to find 2, and that was because of the gtop100 link. Removing this just furthers my project from the legal gray area of private servers, which is a good thing.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how to use avatar in ranking page?

my web can't show character avatar

Reaction score
MapleBit v1.12 is now packaged and ready to go! Fixes from v1.11 are mainly concerned with the ticket system, removing mail, and minor visual and backend fixes.
You can grab it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone
i have this error

Code:
Connect failed: Host 'router.asus.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

and i portforwarding for all ports 80 8080 8484 3306 7575 7576 7577
and still cant connecto Mysql DB

Reaction score
Hello everyone
i have this error

Code:
Connect failed: Host 'router.asus.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

and i portforwarding for all ports 80 8080 8484 3306 7575 7576 7577
and still cant connecto Mysql DB
That's probably because your database and website are both hosted on the same machine, you can access it using localhost/127.0.0.1
Your MySQL configurations allow only local connections (not remote) thus using the full IP which is forwarded through the subdomain - connects it over a remote connection rather than local (I might be wrong but this seems like a very probable cause).
Also this is not a help thread, in the help section there's a dedicated support thread for MapleBit, you should ask for help there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you able to integrate MapleBit CMS with a completely different site not using bootstrap, etc?

For example I created a website for a server, however, I'm not completely sure how I would integrate MapleBit CMS (which they're currently using) into the site.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Are you able to integrate MapleBit CMS with a completely different site not using bootstrap, etc?

For example I created a website for a server, however, I'm not completely sure how I would integrate MapleBit CMS (which they're currently using) into the site.

You do not integrate it, you edit all the output (html?) and use your own. When completely removing Bootstrap, this will give you a headache because you'll need to rewrite all the output yourself and edit it in all the files.
For convenience, use Sublime-Text, it will be easier for you to work with it than plain Notepad/Notepad++.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You do not integrate it, you edit all the output (html?) and use your own. When completely removing Bootstrap, this will give you a headache because you'll need to rewrite all the output yourself and edit it in all the files.
For convenience, use Sublime-Text, it will be easier for you to work with it than plain Notepad/Notepad++.

Hmmm... it does sound like a headache. Thanks for the info though.

Reaction score

No, MapleBit is not meant to be rethemed, and the code will make it extremely difficult to retheme. Any site that has been rethemed and still runs MapleBit is undoubtedly outdated. If you want an extensible and themable website, you should look into stormcaster.

Reaction score
Hmmm... it does sound like a headache. Thanks for the info though.

Don't get me wrong, you should use your own template, however if you're not up to all the headache and extra work, simply leave the content as it is - using Bootstrap.
I've achieved really beautiful results on both and without editing the content styling (mostly uses the default Bootstrap code that comes with MapleBit).

Have fun working with MapleBit, this was the way I started learning PHP, by messing around with MapleBit, hope you'll learn a lot like I did :)

Reaction score
2/3/2016
- Fix rankings query, add alt attributes to icons for HTML5 compliance.

1/27/2016
- Minor README changes
- Add alert if no comments exist in admin panel

1/23/2016
- Minor README changes
- Update assets:
Bootstrap 3.3.5 -> 3.3.6
FontAwesome 4.4.0 -> 4.5.0

Infraction Baɴɴed
Loyal Member
Reaction score
maybe i should come back for a bit and update my GD system?

Infraction Baɴɴed
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ive been absent for a couple years and have no clue where the development has gone. ill shoot him a message and see what hes got.

Reaction score
Added a feature for the first time in a really long time :p
2/6/2016
- Switch to pagination library for account system. Let me know what your thoughts are on it! I'm definitely going to switch out pagination with some library, so think of this as an experimental update.[STRIKE] I'm not really a fan of how the querying is done right now for this pagination library, so we'll see.[/STRIKE]

eZXcNy3 - [BETA] MapleBitCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

PfsFzur - [BETA] MapleBitCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Added a feature for the first time in a really long time :p
2/6/2016
- Switch to pagination library for account system. Let me know what your thoughts are on it! I'm definitely going to switch out pagination with some library, so think of this as an experimental update.[STRIKE] I'm not really a fan of how the querying is done right now for this pagination library, so we'll see.[/STRIKE]

That's nice, saves the trouble of breaking the results down, calculating the amount of pages by dividing the amount of results by results per page and then rendering it, sometimes this can be really annoying especially when you're executing long, complex queries and need to paginate results of multiple tables altogether, this library simplifies it.
Will probably use this library for my own little projects, thanks!
Good job, glad to see you're still working on it :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It is possible to implement the Maple Bit?
Someone can provide some example code?

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It is possible to implement the Maple Bit?
Someone can provide some example code?

They give you an example code on the very page you linked to.
Add &pingUsername=USERNAMEHERE to the URL when you send them to GTOP and if you have pingback enabled, GTOP will POST it to the URL you provided. That code will take what is sent from GTOP and do whatever you made it do (so go ahead and change the query in the script). Tada!

Back