[BETA] MapleBitCMS

Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 262829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 681
  1. #526
    I have an ass and a hat. maplefreak26 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    1,098Posts

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    [BETA] MapleBitCMS
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
    How can I know what my database name is? I am really sorry, I barely know about SQL.
    I know the username, password (I got one, I'm sure). But I have no clue about the database name, where can I see it?
    It's the schema name.

  2. #527

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    Quote Originally Posted by maplefreak26 View Post
    It's the schema name.
    Then that's exactly what I'm doing.
    Look over here:
    Screenshot by Lightshot

    And that's the error I get:
    Screenshot by Lightshot

  3. #528
    I have an ass and a hat. maplefreak26 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    1,098Posts

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
    Then that's exactly what I'm doing.
    Look over here:
    Screenshot by Lightshot

    And that's the error I get:
    Screenshot by Lightshot
    You get that error because you're failing to connect to your db server. Not sure why you're getting an actual IP address in that error, since if you use localhost, it should say root@localhost. Check if the root user exists in that db server (it should, but doesn't hurt to double check) and double check to make sure that your password is actually 123456 (or whatever password you chose, if you just changed the value for the purposes of your post).

    If you're accessing your db server externally (meaning web server and db server are not on the same server), make sure that your db server is allowing whatever IP address that the web server is in.

    Also, sometimes (depending on how you've set your MySQL server) you may not have permissions/grants setup properly even if you're on localhost so you may want to double check those as well.

  4. #529
    Member adodwerg1 is offline
    MemberRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    50Posts

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    Thanks for this will use this for my first private server! :D

    uh i need some help haha,

    ive added the files to my Wamp ( localhost www folder )

    i installed it and its working fine.

    now i need others to see my website aswell?
    i am using no-ip as a DNS


    but, nobody can connect as i noticed i didnt had to fill in a single IP adress except for where my database is connected ( wich is 127.0.01 ) or do i need to change that to my own IP adress >?
    Last edited by adodwerg1; 09-04-16 at 10:03 PM.

  5. #530
    I have an ass and a hat. maplefreak26 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    1,098Posts

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    Quote Originally Posted by adodwerg1 View Post
    Thanks for this will use this for my first private server! :D

    uh i need some help haha,

    ive added the files to my Wamp ( localhost www folder )

    i installed it and its working fine.

    now i need others to see my website aswell?
    i am using no-ip as a DNS


    but, nobody can connect as i noticed i didnt had to fill in a single IP adress except for where my database is connected ( wich is 127.0.01 ) or do i need to change that to my own IP adress >?
    This doesn't have to do with the website. The localhost/127.0.0.1 for your database is fine and doesn't affect your users in anyway.
    You have to portforward port 80 (and the server ports as well). Go to the Help section and ask if you need any further help with portforwarding.

  6. #531
    Member adodwerg1 is offline
    MemberRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    50Posts

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    Quote Originally Posted by maplefreak26 View Post
    This doesn't have to do with the website. The localhost/127.0.0.1 for your database is fine and doesn't affect your users in anyway.
    You have to portforward port 80 (and the server ports as well). Go to the Help section and ask if you need any further help with portforwarding.
    yeah i ndid that straight after i posted here i forgot to change it here haha :p

  7. #532
    Registered mishathegreat is offline
    MemberRank
    Apr 2016 Join Date
    8Posts

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    Hello, I'm hoping someone could help me. I've been trying to set up a private server. I was successful with a 142 build, but it was incomplete, so i'm trying to downgrade to a 117 source. Trouble is, for some reason MapleBit isn't writing to my database, meaning I can't login to MapleBit or Maplestory because the "account" table isn't being written to. All the server login stuff is just fine, accessing the base is not a problem. It's just writing that's the problem.

    I've tried dropping and re-creating the database, re-installing WAMP (my server program), MapleBit, etc... From what I can tell, everything is fine, but the maple-related stuff just can't edit the database (or schema if you will).

    I would appreciate any help you folks can give me.

  8. #533
    I have an ass and a hat. maplefreak26 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    1,098Posts

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    Quote Originally Posted by mishathegreat View Post
    Hello, I'm hoping someone could help me. I've been trying to set up a private server. I was successful with a 142 build, but it was incomplete, so i'm trying to downgrade to a 117 source. Trouble is, for some reason MapleBit isn't writing to my database, meaning I can't login to MapleBit or Maplestory because the "account" table isn't being written to. All the server login stuff is just fine, accessing the base is not a problem. It's just writing that's the problem.

    I've tried dropping and re-creating the database, re-installing WAMP (my server program), MapleBit, etc... From what I can tell, everything is fine, but the maple-related stuff just can't edit the database (or schema if you will).

    I would appreciate any help you folks can give me.
    Check your mysql permissions. Make sure the mysql user/pass that your site is connecting to the database with can WRITE to the database under the Management section in Workbench.
    Make sure nothing is blocking proper connections to your database as well. Check your antivirus (I'm grasping for straws here, but some of these can do just a tad too much when protecting you).

    If you're positive about that, check to make sure that PHP or MySQL isn't experiencing any errors. Remove/comment out error_reporting if you have it and report any errors. Check any error logs as well.

  9. #534
    Registered mishathegreat is offline
    MemberRank
    Apr 2016 Join Date
    8Posts

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    Quote Originally Posted by maplefreak26 View Post
    Check your mysql permissions. Make sure the mysql user/pass that your site is connecting to the database with can WRITE to the database under the Management section in Workbench.
    Make sure nothing is blocking proper connections to your database as well. Check your antivirus (I'm grasping for straws here, but some of these can do just a tad too much when protecting you).

    If you're positive about that, check to make sure that PHP or MySQL isn't experiencing any errors. Remove/comment out error_reporting if you have it and report any errors. Check any error logs as well.
    Unfortunately, your suggestions didn't work, and I'm not sure where to look for error_reporting. What bothers me is that the problem appeared suddenly, though the database was updating just fine for a while. Something might have broken along the way with my tinkering, but surely the reinstalling I did would have wiped the slate.

  10. #535
    I have an ass and a hat. maplefreak26 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    1,098Posts

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    Quote Originally Posted by mishathegreat View Post
    Unfortunately, your suggestions didn't work, and I'm not sure where to look for error_reporting. What bothers me is that the problem appeared suddenly, though the database was updating just fine for a while. Something might have broken along the way with my tinkering, but surely the reinstalling I did would have wiped the slate.
    Can you create a new PHP file and then run the following? Please report results.

    PHP Code:
    <?php
    error_reporting
    (E_ALL);

    // Database Configuration
    $host['hostname'] = 'localhost'
    $host['user'] = 'root'
    $host['password'] = ''
    $host['database'] = 'databasename'

    $db = new PDO("mysql:host=".$host['hostname'].";dbname=".$host['database'].""$host['user'], $host['password']); 
    $db->setAttribute(PDO::ATTR_ERRMODEPDO::ERRMODE_EXCEPTION);

    // Test
        
    try {
        
    $query $db->prepare("INSERT INTO accounts (name, password) VALUES (:name, :pass)");
        
    $query->bindParam(':name'$name);
        
    $query->bindParam(':pass'$pass);

        
    $name md5(rand(1,665)+strtotime(date('curr_date')));
        
    $pass md5(rand(666,999)+strtotime(date('curr_date')));

        
    $query->execute();
        } catch(
    PDOException $exception) { 
           echo 
    $exception->getMessage();
        } 
    ?>

  11. #536
    Registered mishathegreat is offline
    MemberRank
    Apr 2016 Join Date
    8Posts

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    maplefreak26,

    The page spits this birthday thing out, and I've seen this birthday crap before, but I don't know how to fix it.

    SQLSTATE[22007]: Invalid datetime format: 1292 Incorrect date value: '0000-00-00' for column 'birthday' at row 1

    UPDATE:
    I went into the original sql table-generating script provided by the source, and saw that if no birthday or bantime is set, it defaults to all zeros, which is something that mysql apparently doesn't like. I set both it to an actual date, but the table still doesn't update with a new account, and the error page you gave prints this:

    SQLSTATE[22001]: String data, right truncated: 1406 Data too long for column 'name' at row 1

    UPDATE 2:
    The previous problem was the fact that the original script limits "name" to 13 characters, and your script inputs a name with more character. With trial and error, I managed to make your script input 'name' in the name column, and your script stopped printing anything. I checked the table, and voila, the "name" account was there!

    My sincerest thanks!


    So what I understand the problem to be:

    The MapleBit registration script doesn't input a birthday and banned time into the respective columns. Depending on the sql script used to generate the database tables, it'll put a default into the fields. If the script has all zeros as default, MySQL will return an error and refuse to input anything. The solution is to put a valid date as default for both 'birthday' and 'tempban,' or add a birthday field to the MapleBit registration page. This "date" problem applies to any sql table, it'll do nothing if it finds all zeros. Make sure to check your scripts and put a valid date as any "default" settings.
    Last edited by mishathegreat; 16-04-16 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Found my problem and put the solution

  12. #537
    I have an ass and a hat. maplefreak26 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    1,098Posts

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    Quote Originally Posted by mishathegreat View Post
    The MapleBit registration script doesn't input a birthday and banned time into the respective columns. Depending on the sql script used to generate the database tables, it'll put a default into the fields. If the script has all zeros as default, MySQL will return an error and refuse to input anything. The solution is to put a valid date as default for both 'birthday' and 'tempban,' or add a birthday field to the MapleBit registration page. This "date" problem applies to any sql table, it'll do nothing if it finds all zeros. Make sure to check your scripts and put a valid date as any "default" settings.
    So glad you found a solution! Congrats on fixing it! :)

  13. #538
    very green greenelfx is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    Officially released v1.13 (April 22)

    Changes from v1.12 (Jan 19):
    - Add better pagination system
    - Bootstrap 3.3.4 -> 3.3.6
    - FontAwesome 4.40 -> 4.6.1
    - Fix HTML validation on several pages
    - Fix Rankings query limit
    - Remove all references to MapleStory
    - Fix unset error on profile page
    - Remove functions, standardize function calls
    - General cleanup

    Thanks for using MapleBit! I don't have much time to develop/fix things anymore, but there isn't really much to fix anymore so it all works out!
    Last edited by greenelfx; 22-04-16 at 07:54 PM.

  14. #539
    Hardcore Member Arcores is offline
    MemberRank
    Jun 2015 Join Date
    122Posts

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    i can't find forgot password page? MapleBit not have forgot.php page?

  15. #540
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! Snopboy is offline
    True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    Kerning PQLocation
    1,011Posts

    Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcores View Post
    i can't find forgot password page? MapleBit not have forgot.php page?
    MapleBit doesn't have any Password reset functionality, feel free to code one and submit it, greenelf will most likely approve it if it's good and secured.
    PHP<3
    Looking for PHP developers for code reviews, PM me



Advertisement