[BETA] MapleBitCMS

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Nov 2008 Join Date
    NorwayLocation
    345Posts

Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

Quote Originally Posted by greenelfx View Post
    Fixed a really weird bug that @dorkie4ever found! Basically, if chrome finds malformed CSS, it loads the page twice. This causes an issue on news/events/blog pages, because it increments the page counter by 2, instead of just one! What a strange bug :P

You can find the fix here.
    im curious, how is refactoring all of maplebit coming along? is that still a thing?

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkerzz View Post
    im curious, how is refactoring all of maplebit coming along? is that still a thing?
    Yep! No actual code improvements (other than minor fixes here and there), unfortunately. Updating this site to 2016 PHP standards would be a waste of time, and it'd be way faster to start from scratch, but I don't have the time for that anymore :P
    I'm hoping to have the site cleaned up by the end of summer, and turns out, we're pretty close to getting there! The only pages that need to be refactored now are the news/events/blog and corresponding management pages.

Refactoring the entire site means that I've caught a couple bugs, fixed a few things here and there. I wrote this site when I was learning PHP and programming, so sometimes you'll find things like this
    PHP Code:
    for($i 0$i <= $totalids-1$i++)  // instead of for($i = 0; $i < $totalids; $i++) {
    or
    if(
    $gettime['githubapi'] == ""// instead of empty 
    which obviously isn't the "right" way of doing things. Now that most of the code has been cleaned up, I can identify and fix issues/bugs faster (if they crop up at all now).

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    18Posts

How come calling onto character/guild table works in rankings.php but can't do accounts? I need a.banned to work so I can remove banned players from ranks. I remember a year ago I got so fed up with trying to fix it that I just did a sloppy work around and made banned column in characters and had all banned accounts = banned characters but there must be a much simpler way right? Lol.

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    1,765Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NerfAntii View Post
    How come calling onto character/guild table works in rankings.php but can't do accounts? I need a.banned to work so I can remove banned players from ranks. I remember a year ago I got so fed up with trying to fix it that I just did a sloppy work around and made banned column in characters and had all banned accounts = banned characters but there must be a much simpler way right? Lol.
    in the query you need to do a join accounts and characters based off account id *i believe* and do a check to see if banned >= 1.
    why did god curse us with the abilities to make search engines but not give us the knowledge on how to use them?

[PHP][MapleStory] v142 GD Character Image Display - Link
    [PHP] Image to HTML - Link

-
    https://mapleme.me/
    The memes of the Maple community all in one place.

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    18Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holthelper View Post
    in the query you need to do a join accounts and characters based off account id *i believe* and do a check to see if banned >= 1.
    i've tried and I think it won't let me because it already has a join guild?

Code:
    g.logoBG AS logoBG FROM characters c LEFT JOIN guilds g ON c.guildid = g.guildid WHERE c.gm < $gmlevel
    because i've tried doing

Code:
    a.banned AS banned FROM characters c LEFT JOIN accounts a ON c.accountid = a.id WHERE c.gm < '$gmlevel' AND banned = 0
    but it keeps giving an error saying I am not allowed and shows the g.logoBG line

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NerfAntii View Post
    i've tried and I think it won't let me because it already has a join guild?

Code:
    g.logoBG AS logoBG FROM characters c LEFT JOIN guilds g ON c.guildid = g.guildid WHERE c.gm < $gmlevel
    because i've tried doing

Code:
    a.banned AS banned FROM characters c LEFT JOIN accounts a ON c.accountid = a.id WHERE c.gm < '$gmlevel' AND banned = 0
    but it keeps giving an error saying I am not allowed and shows the g.logoBG line
    Can you post the error? Also, it is much easier to debug queries in a MySQLI gui/cli app, instead of wrangling with it in PHP.

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    1,765Posts

after reviewing the code just remove anything that has to do with guilds. the rank script pulls the information but doesnt use that information...

wait for a update on my git later tonight (-8 PST) im going to revamp this script to be more legible. my handle is the same username as my username here
    why did god curse us with the abilities to make search engines but not give us the knowledge on how to use them?

[PHP][MapleStory] v142 GD Character Image Display - Link
    [PHP] Image to HTML - Link

-
    https://mapleme.me/
    The memes of the Maple community all in one place.

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    18Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holthelper View Post
    after reviewing the code just remove anything that has to do with guilds. the rank script pulls the information but doesnt use that information...

wait for a update on my git later tonight (-8 PST) im going to revamp this script to be more legible. my handle is the same username as my username here
    I'm using g.name and g.logo so id rather not remove it :P
    Will the post the exact error soon

MemberRank
    Jan 2016 Join Date
    36Posts

I made a well tested check to see if the account a user is trying to vote for is logged in and notify the user when it is.

I think this could be a helpful feature to many who use MapleBit, let me know if you want to add it in.

True MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    1,098Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post
    I made a well tested check to see if the account a user is trying to vote for is logged in and notify the user when it is.

I think this could be a helpful feature to many who use MapleBit, let me know if you want to add it in.
    You can submit a PR on Github for greenelf to consider.
    https://github.com/greenelfx/MapleBit/compare

MemberRank
    Jan 2016 Join Date
    36Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maplefreak26 View Post
    You can submit a PR on Github for greenelf to consider.
    https://github.com/greenelfx/MapleBit/compare
    Thanks. Completely forgot GitHub was a thing. :)

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

Thanks. Completely forgot GitHub was a thing. :)
    A PR would be great! I'll definitely merge it in if it looks good to me :)

MemberRank
    Jan 2016 Join Date
    36Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greenelfx View Post
    A PR would be great! I'll definitely merge it in if it looks good to me :)
    I'm new to GitHub, so let me know if I did it right.

I assume this means I did it right.

True MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    1,098Posts

I'm new to GitHub, so let me know if I did it right.

I assume this means I did it right.

You pushed the branch into your own fork, but you didn't submit a PR for greenelfx to easily merge into his master branch.
    Hit the green Compare & Pull Request button (should be on the right of that yellowish box). And then fill out details for changes (if it's not already filled out), and then hit "Create Pull Request."

An easy way to check after you did all that is go to greenelfx/MapleBit and you should see a 1 next to the Pull Requests tab. :)

EDIT: You did it! Yay!
    Last edited by maplefreak26; 29-07-16 at 01:21 AM.

MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    30Posts

are the links dead because one of them in not working for me

Advertisement