[BETA] MapleBitCMS

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2931323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Jan 2016 Join Date
    36Posts

Re: [BETA] MapleBitCMS

Quote Originally Posted by Saifiki View Post
    are the links dead because one of them in not working for me
    Links work fine for me. If you're looking to download MapleBit I recommend using the one labeled "Latest .zip:"

MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    30Posts

help how do i make it public so others can get on my website

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saifiki View Post
    help how do i make it public so others can get on my website
    This is not the right thread for basic help. Please post elsewhere.

MemberRank
    Jun 2016 Join Date
    60Posts

Hi guys, I have setup the website (Huge thanks to OP btw) but I am unable to log in to any of my accounts in my database but I am able to register new ones. I also can not work out how to access the admin account, is it the same as the admin account on my database..?

ModeratorRank
    Jan 2010 Join Date
    DEV CityLocation
    3,185Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowbobs View Post
    Hi guys, I have setup the website (Huge thanks to OP btw) but I am unable to log in to any of my accounts in my database but I am able to register new ones. I also can not work out how to access the admin account, is it the same as the admin account on my database..?
    Are your passwords in your database plaintext, or are they SHA-1 (or SHA-512/whatever MapleBit uses now if they changed it)? I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't like plaintext passwords and only compares encrypted passwords.. and yes, it reads from your 'accounts' table in your database. If you're set as an admin in the database, you should be able to access the admin panel.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Are your passwords in your database plaintext, or are they SHA-1 (or SHA-512/whatever MapleBit uses now if they changed it)? I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't like plaintext passwords and only compares encrypted passwords.. and yes, it reads from your 'accounts' table in your database. If you're set as an admin in the database, you should be able to access the admin panel.
    MapleBit will check SHA-1 or SHA-512, but will not check plaintext. @Lowbobs should verify that his accounts have passwords that have been hashed (not encrypted ;P). To make yourself a webadmin, change your account in MySQL to have webadmin=1. You will need to logout and log back in to view the admin panel.

MemberRank
    Jun 2016 Join Date
    60Posts

Thanks so much for your help! Really appreciate what you've done :D

MemberRank
    Mar 2015 Join Date
    126Posts

When registering an account why not set the nx column to 0 instead of leaving it as null? Therefore, users can vote before logging in for the first time.

MemberRank
    Mar 2013 Join Date
    10Posts

Hello,
    Screens is better than words:

I can put anything in database settings and I have always the same message without error "SQL connection".

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post
    When registering an account why not set the nx column to 0 instead of leaving it as null? Therefore, users can vote before logging in for the first time.
    Good question, this has been brought up before. The issue with this is that it makes account registration reliant on the fact that the web admin has properly configured the CMS to use the correct columns. I want MapleBit to be as "idiot proof" as possible, so I'm not sure if adding unnecessary dependence is the best idea. If you are looking to fix this issue, you can simply set your NX column to have the default value of 0 in MySQL.

Quote Originally Posted by terranova94 View Post
    Hello,
    Screens is better than words:

I can put anything in database settings and I have always the same message without error "SQL connection".
    What version of PHP and MySQL are you running?

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,322Posts

8/13/2016:
    Had some free time, rewrote registration!
    The new refreshed page is much cleaner, and implements a validation library so that errors are more consistent and intuitive than before. Users will no longer have to "go back" and refill in the registration form, as those values are preserved. Finally, the registration code is much cleaner and logical, so web admins can make changes as needed. If this "experiment" goes well, I can see about implementing the library site-wide (I also said this for pagination, but never got around to doing that site-wide.. ;P)

Pages left that need a full/partial rewrite include:
    public/news, public/events, public/gmblog, public/vote, public/ticket, account-settings, [STRIKE]profile-edit[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]profile-name[/STRIKE], admin/manage-*, admin/ticket, admin/voteconfig, gmcp/manage-blog

Not sure if I'll ever get around to rewriting the bigger pages (news/events/gmblogs and management pages).
    Last edited by greenelfx; 14-08-16 at 03:45 PM.

MemberRank
    Mar 2013 Join Date
    10Posts

I resolved the issue:
    I didn't have the package mysqli.

Quote Originally Posted by greenelfx View Post
    8/13/2016:
    Had some free time, rewrote registration!
    The new refreshed page is much cleaner, and implements a validation library so that errors are more consistent and intuitive than before. Users will no longer have to "go back" and refill in the registration form, as those values are preserved. Finally, the registration code is much cleaner and logical, so web admins can make changes as needed. If this "experiment" goes well, I can see about implementing the library site-wide (I also said this for pagination, but never got around to doing that site-wide.. ;P)

Pages left that need a full/partial rewrite include:
    public/news, public/events, public/gmblog, public/vote, public/ticket, account-settings, [STRIKE]profile-edit[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]profile-name[/STRIKE], admin/manage-*, admin/ticket, admin/voteconfig, gmcp/manage-blog

Not sure if I'll ever get around to rewriting the bigger pages (news/events/gmblogs and management pages).
    Hey, not sure if there's an actual fix for this, my account logged in to the CMS when I registered it, went in-game and got stuck, I like to test features of a CMS, so as I was logging in it appears after we hit in-game the logins are incorrect.

My version of MapleBit is quite new.

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    1,765Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chac View Post
    Hey, not sure if there's an actual fix for this, my account logged in to the CMS when I registered it, went in-game and got stuck, I like to test features of a CMS, so as I was logging in it appears after we hit in-game the logins are incorrect.

My version of MapleBit is quite new.
    you get stuck at login or after you select your character? *in-game
    why did god curse us with the abilities to make search engines but not give us the knowledge on how to use them?

[PHP][MapleStory] v142 GD Character Image Display - Link
    [PHP] Image to HTML - Link

-
    https://mapleme.me/
    The memes of the Maple community all in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by holthelper View Post
    you get stuck at login or after you select your character? *in-game
    Sorry, I'll be a little more specific I was typing that from my iPhone.

After I log into my server, the CMS then tells me because of a password encryption error that my details are incorrect so I can't log into the CMS.

Advertisement