Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[BETA] MapleByte CMS

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have confidence that MapleByte could become the next Cype, it's little tweaks and fixes that are going to get it there. This is a revolutionary CMS design that has the potential to carve a path as one of the most iconic MapleStory Management Systems available. My suggestions? Though you cancelled Ranking due to Personal reasons, I think you should re-evaluate and consider getting back at it! The Front Page Rankings and Random GM windows that are seen in system like Cype and ButsagsCMS have always been a personal favorite of mine, not mandatory but very, very cool. Once you get the voting optimized and working all up to snuff MapleByte will become a work of art the likes of which hasn't been seen in years.

I'm glad the Maplestory section still has people like you, Akira. Again, you have my support and best of luck :D:

WOW .. Much feelings :'( <3 and too much respect for u tho ! and i hope this will be the next cype :)
AKIRA FTW !!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ehh.. I'll see what I can do :/ I'll most likely make a release with the fixes then release the new design.
Making a reward vote page (in place of the vote popup) without a requirement to specify your account name (it will take it via AccID Session after login in to the cPanel) would be awesome, having popups is always annoying, even though the JS is well scripted and I bet it took alot of time to create.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Making a reward vote page (in place of the vote popup) without a requirement to specify your account name (it will take it via AccID Session after login in to the cPanel) would be awesome, having popups is always annoying, even though the JS is well scripted and I bet it took alot of time to create.

I have to disagree with you there Ariel, I think the Conversation window pop up was incredibly clever. Must we choose between one or the other?

c7NJRa2 - [BETA] MapleByte CMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you there Ariel, I think the Conversation window pop up was incredibly clever. Must we choose between one or the other?

c7NJRa2 - [BETA] MapleByte CMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Well I assume if there was on option to disable the popup on the setting that would be best obviously,
considering some people (such as yourself) would like to have the popup message, and some people (hai) would'nt :)

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I assume if there was on option to disable the popup on the setting that would be best obviously,
considering some people (such as yourself) would like to have the popup message, and some people (hai) would'nt :)

I'd say that's a damn fine middle ground. :): granted of course, Akira has the time to do it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I decided to finally release my first CMS to this community. This took rather long to get released, but I wanted to make this the "second" Cype CMS. So I put a lot of work into this CMS; Security, Flexibility, Simplicity. This CMS has some powerful resources that not any other maplestory websites uses(which are publicly release that is). This was a design which Devon created for MapleAeon so I took it to make it to a reality(regardless of the messy PSD file xD). MapleAeon and I seperated afterwards and Prabh manage to obtain revision 6 of this CMS, which I was pissed later on because they/were using it for their server without my permission, so after me going ghost I decided to work on the unfinished CMS and complete it, and the results were good. Hope you enjoy it ;P.

features:
  • Extremely flexible to the user's likings.
  • Integration of SammyJS, JQuery TE plugin, etc..
  • Doesn't break website if not connected to database
  • fast performance
  • MapleVotingJS-1.0(Revamped faster, more secured, and more features)
  • Cookie System integration
  • Custom Announcement System
  • Character Info Concept(First of its kind)
  • Admin Panel/User Panel/Profile Names
  • Supports Multi-Worlds, Alliances, and Marriages
  • Supports latest browsers:(Opera, Google Chrome, Firefox)(Some support for IE9)
  • Uses Jquery, and AJAX, PHP 5.4(some components not all)
  • Much more!

Changelog:

Changelog:
Revision 13:
  • Optimized overall.JS
  • Finally fixed a major bug I had since I made settings through JSON..(when value changed, it makes it one line instead of how it is)(Solution: JSON_PRETTY_PRINT)
  • Added a check to top 5 ranking(if not connect to db, it doesn't run the loop, this also fixes the 'Website doesn't break' feature)
  • Added a message if you are not connected to database to reconnect.
  • Added a lot of check on profile name & if logged in & admin access
  • Fixed Warp character input UI and ajax handling
  • Updated to latest version of SammyJS(0.7.4)
  • Fixed the breaking of CMS when logging in without a database

Revision 12(Fix and optimize before public release):
  • Upgrade jQueryTE to latest version(1.0.6)
  • Fixed News System editing
  • Optimized/cleaned up 70% of overallJS's coding(Run methods for specific pages not all at once)
  • Fixed Top 5 Ranking hovering problem(forgot I used data() to store charInfo)
  • Optimized Top 5 ranking coding to three lines instead of eight (unbelievable.. lmao)
  • Implemented editing for website messages(WelcomeMSG, and sideMSG)(AdminPanel)
  • Created a PHP function to shorten the calling of json setting(support mulitple setting calling)
  • COMPLETELY revamped top 5 ranking, more optimized, secured, and faster performance(old: , new: )
  • Cleaned World feature
  • Fixed a bug when marriage is disable the world attributes is place in the marriage position([!$checkMarriage ? 7 : 8])

Revision 11(Focusing on Announcement System):
  • Implemented jQueryTE plugin
  • Now news are editable through admin panel(thanks to jqueryTE)
  • Revamped the setupAnnouncement function(less coding, optimized, removed useless features)
  • Announcement JSON data handling been optimized tons!
  • Implemented Admin profile Name
  • Added 'Set your profile name to activate admin features' to all admin function
  • Optimized checks in all admin functions
  • Announcement System now supports profile name when creating news
  • Added edit/remove/add news
  • Completed admin panel(beta, still need to add more checks..)

Revision 10(development on character info):
  • Revamped char info completely(now uses gms-like char info window)
  • Implemented Name and char Image on charInfo
  • Implemented character stats(level, fame, job, marriage)
  • Optimized/Removed tons of repeated coding lines to mapleVotingJS(functions created)
  • Fixed download/ranking button & tip positioning on Firefox
  • Fixed a PDO statement calling and added a check on unregistered columns(ipcheck) on register page
  • Fixed a major bug with mapleVotingJS(had to open voting dialog first to get the charinfo to work or else charinfo didn't work)
  • Added checks if the necessary voting table doesn't exist
  • Added Website feature toggle system(Marriages, alliances, multi-world toggling, perfect for all sources :D!)
  • Tons of check been added into top 5 ranking(the website feature toggling :D)
  • Merged 2 images together (removed 1 request on website load)
  • Fixed Player online bar from overflowing from parent (ex.playerlimit is 1 and there two online)
  • Implemented Personal character's public messaging system (for CharInfo)

Revision 9:
  • Added option to modify settings through admin panel(easy to use, add security to POST)
  • Made website compatible without database connection(many other cms breaks the design if DB doesn't connect)
  • If you're logged in and mapleVotingJS pops up, displays the last time you voted
  • Incredibly optimized job array & getJobByID function (no more foreach!)

Revision 8:
  • Optimized Overall.js (caching, cleaned window.$s into an array, etc..)
  • Internet Explorer 9 support
  • Added an overlay to MapleVotingJS
  • Fixed/Optimized News Concept
  • Added getting settings values that's non existing into logging system
  • Optimized core class(Removed useless calling, found some alternatives.)
  • Removed SammyJS's outputting when mapleVotingJS sends a POST or GET
  • MapleVotingJS properly run the pages it needs(It ran #/vote everytime so fixes cpanel related popup..)
  • Removed old voting link concept, added new option(just input voting link in setting.json)

Revision 7:
  • Fixed top 5 ranking cache
  • Fixed top5 ranking layout(job title extended it)
  • Implemented mapleVotingJS-1.0b2(Input fixes, css cleanup, cpanel pages fixes, layout fixes)
  • Implemented mapleAdminAuth system(beta)
  • Added keys into json (encoded in php files)
  • Fixed footer
  • BasicAdmin concept
  • Cleaned welcomeMSG for cpanel (styling CSS)
  • Implemented Announcement System
  • Fixed cpanel's changing password messaging style(didn't see that xD)
  • Design credits added to footer
  • URL Param. check for maplevotingJS
  • Fixed top5 ranking styling(character with bows pass the line)
  • Added characterInfo concept into top5 ranking
  • Fixed top5 Ranking once more..
  • Added shitloads of checks to mapleVotingJS
  • Optimized param code (removed useless calling and made it one liner)
  • Made job array into one array (removing 2 arrays and array_merge calling)
  • v118 job listing
  • Optimized job name calling function
  • Optimized top 5 ranking
  • Added overall.js(seperation of maplevotingJS and CMS's js coding)

Revision 6:
  • Added a major check to prevent offset to top 5 ranking
  • Made tips with multiple options in settings.json
  • Modify coloring of logout button

Revision 5:
  • Everything is editable through settings.json
  • Implemented error logging handling system (core/PDO method existence checks, PDO connection only)
  • Implemented player online progressbar
  • Added playerLimit option in setting.json for player online progressbar
  • Optimized top 5 ranking
  • Added jobs to top 5 ranking (v.117.1 compatible)
  • Optimized a lot on captcha file
  • Implemented change password to cpanel
  • Optimized cpanel coding by shitloads
  • Added serverTime
  • Added checks on pages that requires you to be logged in to website
  • Organized files in library folder
  • Modify captcha (removed ttf file)

Revision 4:
  • Made top 5 ranking chr into one image(removes 4 request)
  • Implemented JSON setting system (basic)
  • Modified Control Panel with tons of security
  • Implemented OraiosTips
  • Added more check on PDO class
  • Optimized core class
  • Implemented Captcha system(mapleVotingJS, register, donate)

Revision 3:
  • Implemented Control Panel (basic)
  • Implemented top 5 ranks
  • Compressed 8 images into a sprite image
  • Implemented online/offline system

Revision 2:
  • Implemented Nido's core system
  • Improved core system
  • Replaced MySQLi.class with OraiosDEV's PDO.class
  • Implemented mapleVotingJS-1.0b
  • Optimized CSS files
  • Fixed more stuff I forgot..

Revision 1:
  • Created template of PSD file

Screenshots:
aMEZu3s - [BETA] MapleByte CMS - RaGEZONE Forums

H5Hcxas - [BETA] MapleByte CMS - RaGEZONE Forums

ReUdw1M - [BETA] MapleByte CMS - RaGEZONE Forums

qOj5R0f - [BETA] MapleByte CMS - RaGEZONE Forums

FUWBLXL - [BETA] MapleByte CMS - RaGEZONE Forums

3bvczm8 - [BETA] MapleByte CMS - RaGEZONE Forums

ZNDlPSB - [BETA] MapleByte CMS - RaGEZONE Forums
Website Preview:
qCxdTEQ - [BETA] MapleByte CMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Download [Password: oraiosdev]:

Instructions:
  • Extract the files to wamp/xamp
  • Edit settings.JSON
  • Change the database connections(then edit the rest in the website itself)
  • Execute the sql file provided for MapleVotingJS to properly work
  • Change the "AdminLevelMin" value to 0 to automatically get admin panel to edit the CMS to your likings!
  • CHANGE THE VALUE ABOVE 0 AFTER YOU'RE DONE EDITTING OR ELSE EVERYONE GETS ADMIN PANEL!

How to upgrade to PHP 5.4
Wampserver:
  • Move your "www" folder to you desktop and uninstall your Wampserver
  • Download WampServer 2.2E or higher:
  • 64x Bits:
  • 32x Bits:
  • Install it

Xampp:
  • Move your htdocs folder to your desktop and uninstall Xampp
  • Download Xampp 1.8.1 or higher:
  • Install it

Thanks me if you like it or are using it!
THIS WON'T WORK FOR IN A WEBHOST!(Webhost gives me soo many errors, idk why -.-)
I HAVE EXCLUDED ALL RANKING COMPONENTS FOR PERSONAL REASONS
The reason this won't work on a webhost is because they use an older version of PHP.

You make/initialize arrays like this [], however most webhosts have php 5.2 or 5.3 and the arrays must be initialized like this array() instead of []

i've successfully converted it to work on a webhost, just by replacing all of the []
e.g
Code:
$timeout = stream_context_create(array('http' => array('timeout' => 1)));

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The reason this won't work on a webhost is because they use an older version of PHP.

You make/initialize arrays like this [], however most webhosts have php 5.2 or 5.3 and the arrays must be initialized like this array() instead of []

i've successfully converted it to work on a webhost, just by replacing all of the []
e.g
Code:

Really? You went through all the files and looked for arrays and changed them?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@iAkira

Maybe its me, but i dont see any .psd files.
Are you able by chance to provide them so we can change the stuff that says Byte to our own server name, along with the other images.

Please and thank you!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you hand us your top5.php over? Or is that too much to ask atm? ;)

Edit1:
Trying to create a top5.php atm on my own.
I am trying to use AresGD image database... I think you would probably kill me for that. Lmao

Edit2:
Finally got it... Exporting newest pictures via HaRepacker.. Ripped some of the script from Cype..
If anyone wants it I will upload the files I used.

Edit3:
Oh well.. I think the old Cype phps just can't handle the new IDs
Actual outcome:

Last edited:

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Could you hand us your top5.php over? Or is that too much to ask atm? ;)

Edit1:
Trying to create a top5.php atm on my own.
I am trying to use AresGD image database... I think you would probably kill me for that. Lmao

Edit2:
Finally got it... Exporting newest pictures via HaRepacker.. Ripped some of the script from Cype..
If anyone wants it I will upload the files I used.

Edit3:
Oh well.. I think the old Cype phps just can't handle the new IDs
Actual outcome:

take the ranks scripts from another cms and replace it , maybe it'll work :)

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I understand this is a bit of a bump, but I read that this only works with PHP 5.4. I'm running abyss web server currently, (though extremely temporary), and I was unable to install php 5.4, so am I right in assuming this will not be able to run?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I understand this is a bit of a bump, but I read that this only works with PHP 5.4. I'm running abyss web server currently, (though extremely temporary), and I was unable to install php 5.4, so am I right in assuming this will not be able to run?

e.g
Code:

Try with his solution and it will work. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
HELP me please
Txyw6i - [BETA] MapleByte CMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Try with his solution and it will work. :)

Started on that, and got to this point.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /usr/www/polarisms/public/testsite2/library/class/core.oraios.class.php on line 31

Unfortunately replacing it with array( etc gives me an unexpected double arrow error

Lol nvm I figured that out, now I'm stuck on one part. I'll post here if I can't figure it out.

Admin panel has problems, this is literally too much hassle for a pretty website. Unfortunately unless my webhost decides to update I will not use this :/

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tryed to execute it in Navicat this is my error
Err] 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0' at line 1

Reaction score
o-o.

Xampp or Wamp doesn't have to do anything in his case. Just, redownload the files and execute the SQL's in navicat. (Remember to check the box that says 'Continue on errors'.)

Back