Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Jun 2011 Join Date
    Canada, BCLocation
    107Posts

Re: CMS Design - Project maPle

CMS Design - Project maPle
    Quote Originally Posted by skillet View Post
    HOLY SHIT. Devon I haven't talked to you in like forever. Hit me up on Skype bro.

O.T.: Looks very nice Devon. You really should've had someone code it.
    Hahaha, thanks bro.
    Send me your skype over PM c:

MemberRank
    Jul 2008 Join Date
    Ontario, CANLocation
    153Posts

I've been working with different sorts of Forum Softwares, CMS, PHP, HTML and CSS for almost 7 years and never once have I sliced a PSD file to turn it into a web Doc. Now I wish I had learned to do so.

I think I would actually pay to have this turned into a theme for a working Content Management System, without word of a lie.

MemberRank
    Jun 2011 Join Date
    Canada, BCLocation
    107Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CodySP View Post
    I've been working with different sorts of Forum Softwares, CMS, PHP, HTML and CSS for almost 7 years and never once have I sliced a PSD file to turn it into a web Doc. Now I wish I had learned to do so.

I think I would actually pay to have this turned into a theme for a working Content Management System, without word of a lie.
    I really appreciate this comment dude, thanks a whole lot!

MemberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    54Posts

Well, I guess when I have some time I might code a Template for this design, if so, I will release it

True MemberRank
    Jun 2006 Join Date
    Calgary, ABLocation
    693Posts

How to Convert a PSD Web Design to HTML and CSS | Nettuts+
    Yes, I am THAT Diabllo from LocalMS. Stop asking.

MemberRank
    Jul 2008 Join Date
    Ontario, CANLocation
    153Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GFXDevon View Post
    I really appreciate this comment dude, thanks a whole lot!
    Your welcome! This was a great project!

Quote Originally Posted by DrServer View Post
    Well, I guess when I have some time I might code a Template for this design, if so, I will release it
    I'll be eagerly awaiting your post!

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    somewhere..Location
    2,379Posts

Jesus christ...this PSD is soo unorganized xDD I really like this design so I'll make it to a template at most (: then some of Zay designs to templates as well

InactiveRank
    Dec 2012 Join Date
    12Posts

omg im jealous of such skill <3 nice work ;)

InactiveRank
    Sep 2012 Join Date
    3Posts

Wow, that's really nice!
    love it!
    can you please upload for me the CMS folder?
    i don't know how to convert PSD to CMS..

InactiveRank
    Dec 2012 Join Date
    public_htmlLocation
    91Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RipeMS View Post
    Wow, that's really nice!
    love it!
    can you please upload for me the CMS folder?
    i don't know how to convert PSD to CMS..
    That's something you have to do yourself OR wait for Akira to finish coding his Template.

MemberRank
    May 2013 Join Date
    88Posts

how to use?!

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    805Posts

It's a PSD.

That's a photoshop document.

You need to slice the images, and code the css/js (important), and php/html last.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2011 Join Date
    FabletownLocation
    236Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hao Yi View Post
    how to use?!
    Woah. I have no idea what type of server you're trying to make but if you do not know the difference between a PSD and a CSS is, You should go study a bit more, and judging by your post history. There has been questions that have been answered many times. If you are going to run the server, you should at least attempt to learn to code yourself instead of getting spoon-fed everything. Just some tips before major flaming comes your way.

True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    Kerning PQLocation
    1,011Posts

Hi.
    Bumping a 7yrs old thread just to announce that I'm undertaking this project on my free time.

I've tried to contact Devon for quite some time now, hoping to get his support in doing this, especially since the PSD is so messy and unorganized, as well as missing a lot of content that's required for a full-fledged LIVE website, which I wanted it'd be done in the most authentic way possible, by the original designer, but what can I say - Devon is currently unreachable - I'll design the missing content myself :/

So.. what's done & what's planned..?
    -Organized the PSD.
    -Started coding the front-end.
    -Started working on a modern CMS (Laravel), was initially a base I started for MapleOrigin.
    -Will be a fully Open-Source development, once I'm done with the crucial parts.
    -Fully compatible with all public Emulators/Source files + easy way of adjusting it to any files.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or wish to assist with the development or anything, any and all inquiries are welcome.

Technologies:
    -HTML5.
    -CSS3 (LESS/SASS).
    -Plain JavaScript (no front-end framework - I hate JS ).
    -Latest PHP & MariaDB/MySQL (using Laravel 6).

Screeshots
    Spoiler:

Don't mind the documentation and comments, just being lazy

PHP<3
    Looking for PHP developers for code reviews, PM me

Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    2,009Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snopboy View Post
    Hi.
    Bumping a 7yrs old thread just to announce that I'm undertaking this project on my free time.

I've tried to contact Devon for quite some time now, hoping to get his support in doing this, especially since the PSD is so messy and unorganized, as well as missing a lot of content that's required for a full-fledged LIVE website, which I wanted it'd be done in the most authentic way possible, by the original designer, but what can I say - Devon is currently unreachable - I'll design the missing content myself :/

So.. what's done & what's planned..?
    -Organized the PSD.
    -Started coding the front-end.
    -Started working on a modern CMS (Laravel), was initially a base I started for MapleOrigin.
    -Will be a fully Open-Source development, once I'm done with the crucial parts.
    -Fully compatible with all public Emulators/Source files + easy way of adjusting it to any files.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or wish to assist with the development or anything, any and all inquiries are welcome.

Technologies:
    -HTML5.
    -CSS3 (LESS/SASS).
    -Plain JavaScript (no front-end framework - I hate JS ).
    -Latest PHP & MariaDB/MySQL (using Laravel 6).

Screeshots
    Spoiler:

Don't mind the documentation and comments, just being lazy

Just some thoughts I had.

1) Subjective but that design looks wildly outdated for 2020, complete with those reflections and glossy interface. If you're going to re-write everything, it makes sense to also just update the design so it doesn't look a decade old.
    2) Nesting CSS styles 6 levels deep (.status.online .status-online .inner .fill, for example) is terrible for browser performance, not to mention code readability. There's also no need to be that specific when the markup here should be relatively simple.
    3) Not sure why everything (at least just going off of that one screenshot of your CSS) is positioned absolutely. That's going to make supporting mobile extremely difficult, if that's even a factor for a Maple CMS.
    4) You're much better off dropping a dated technology like jQuery in favor of just vanilla JS. Really you should be using a front-end framework like React or Vue for this but if you're going the plain JS route, then do that, jQuery is the worst option out of the 3 choices.

Good luck on this project.
    https://mapleme.me/
    The memes of the Maple community all in one place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Advertisement