• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Release] Maple Simplicity (PwnedCMS - Reskin)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I never really liked the default design of PwnedCMS, so with Evolized's PSD design I decided to make a re-skin so that other users who share my opinion have an alternative option.

(Feel free to give pointers on what I could improve on, for future developments.) - It's my first time doing a re-skin so I know I could do better.

Screen Shot:
bVgK28G - [Release] Maple Simplicity (PwnedCMS - Reskin) - RaGEZONE Forums

guj9LJv - [Release] Maple Simplicity (PwnedCMS - Reskin) - RaGEZONE Forums

gaADmYe - [Release] Maple Simplicity (PwnedCMS - Reskin) - RaGEZONE Forums

Download:
Mediafire - Link

Note:
You can just drop your own .php scripts into the website to suit your needs, the only working ones I supplied with the website (they aren't mine, but they're within the download) are..

Working
- Home.php
- Register.php
- Download.php

Not Working
- Donate.php
- Ranking.php
- Vote.php

If you have any questions or concerns, just leave a comment below.

Credits:
Evolized - MapleSimplicity PSD
Tokyodrift - Scrolling Info bar (From Aether CMS)
OrtegaKaos - PwnedCMS
Rinoku - Reskin

Reaction score
Disappointing that all you did was swap out some images and change some values in the CSS.
This is 2013. Use HTML5, get rid of your table layout, and use some CSS3 to do your body, instead of using two images to create the body. I get that this is a "reskin," but I expected to see more effort in this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Disappointing that all you did was swap out some images and change some values in the CSS.
This is 2013. Use HTML5, get rid of your table layout, and use some CSS3 to do your body, instead of using two images to create the body. I get that this is a "reskin," but I expected to see more effort in this.
Thanks for the pointers, and exactly like you said "This is a reskin" so I didn't see the need to revamp the CMS entirely but rather just provide a more appealing appearance for those of which who would like to use PwnedCMS. (It looks better than the original design, in my opinion). Also if I wished to do everything you had suggested I would have much rather just coded Evolized's design entirely from the ground up. Instead of using PwnedCMS as a base, if you happen to not like it then simply don't use it.

I'm aware it's not the best, and I never claimed it was (again it is my first time) - so if you wish to release your version with more effort then be my guest.

Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers, and exactly like you said "This is a reskin" so I didn't see the need to revamp the CMS entirely but rather just provide a more appealing appearance for those of which who would like to use PwnedCMS. (It looks better than the original design, in my opinion). Also if I wished to do everything you had suggested I would have much rather just coded Evolized's design entirely from the ground up. Instead of using PwnedCMS as a base, if you happen to not like it then simply don't use it.

I'm aware it's not the best, and I never claimed it was (again it is my first time) - so if you wish to release your version with more effort then be my guest.

Understandable. I hope you get some time to code this from the ground up. It's a nice design to do from scratch!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I guess it's alright for your first time, however as Greenelfx said, it would've looked much nicer if done from the ground up.

Anyways, if no one has released a template for the design. I'll code it myself and release it after I finish a site for Maple Switch.
Banner blends in with the bg to much, but hopefully one of the GFX can fix it.
Rinoku - [Release] Maple Simplicity (PwnedCMS - Reskin) - RaGEZONE Forums

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
It's okay. The background is a bit plain, so you should probably make it more vivid and attractive. To be frank, there's a lot that needs to be worked on this, but I'm glad you are trying. Many people over in the Maple Java Community are leechers with very few actually attemping to write lines of code.

Back