Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] SharpEnd - v140.1 C# MapleStory Emulator.

Reaction score
SharpEnd - C# MapleStory Emulator.
Nothing too fancy.

Disclaimer.
This is something I've done for expierience. This is based on rajanms, Darter's v111 server. I switched from MongoDB to MySQL, added a couple of stuff, and here it is. I find no use in it but I guess some people can learn from it. There is a basic DataProvider class that loads NX Files for Character, NPC, Mob and Map - of course. No, you can't use it to run a server - but you can get in game and learn from it. It has parts of Erwin's and I's Clarity - VB.NET Emulator.

SharpEnd uses reNX, A .NET Library by Angel made to read NX files. The class is called DataProvider, which adds all the information to Dictionaries for easy access. For example, to call a certain map you would use DataProvider.Maps[id].Method. This applies for Mobs, Items, and everything to it. Memory usage is about 20MB if you are running one login server and two channel servers.

How to set-up.

There isn't much to set up as it's already built. You will, however, need a folder called NX in the debug folder with Character, NPC, Mob and Map NX files. You can use , which is a very fast converter from WZ to NX format, or, alternatively, you can use to do so. You will, obviously, need to execute the sql to a schema called SharpEnd. That's pretty much it.

Additional Information.
Sadly, there aren't any screenshots I can provide because I don't have MapleStory v140.1 installed here. However, you may explore the files and see what's there yourself. There are bad and good stuff here, I won't say it's completely good.

Credits.

• Fraysa - Updating to v140.1 and coding additional poop to make it work fine.
  • Angelsl - Creator of wz2nx and reNX library. Also helped out on the way.
  • Darter - Base creator (rajanms v111) and help received.
  • Diamondo25 - A few classes taken, and help received.
  • retep998 - Shed some light on wz / nx files.
  • Pyrous - Help, I think.

Have fun, I guess.

Last edited:
BloopBloop
Reaction score
Why are the opcodes declared as readonly poop 0_0?

A enum is getting compiled to constants what is way better 0_0.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

isn't this based on rajan's stuff? might be better to ask him.

btw @op i like your edgy cli, my server's cli looks like Ducking poop haha

Nexon's undercover
Reaction score
I started to add NX support to MapleGame, but I lost the motivation too fast lol.
Looks good, I'll check this out.

Reaction score
Updated main post to mention you guys that Peter made to be able to work for servers. Check the git or simply download a pre-built version given to me by Peter himself.

(Place the redistributable DLLs inside your System32 folder).

Simply drag the WZ file to convert onto NoLifeWzToNx.exe and it will output it as the same name but in .NX format.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

well, the opcode's were not designed to be constant. i had dynamically load them from a JSON file but never got around to comitting that rev to git.

OT im really happy to see this released!! Looks like you put a lot of hard work into it! Also im happy im used as a base :p

BloopBloop
Reaction score
well, the opcode's were not designed to be constant. i had dynamically load them from a JSON file but never got around to comitting that rev to git.

OT im really happy to see this released!! Looks like you put a lot of hard work into it! Also im happy im used as a base :p

That explains it P.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
hey fraysa just 1 thing, you gotta make a map collection for each channel, not in the masterserver instance!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there anything hardcoded...?
appcrash - [Release] SharpEnd - v140.1 C# MapleStory Emulator. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I get some errors, but I followed everything!!! Is there anyone who would team viewer me or thing for guidance. Thanks "ASAP"

OT: Good job man. keep it up!

Back