Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE][V111.1] MapleGame C# source

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For those having issues with SQL, since you're already fussing over trying C# look into "LINQ", much more efficient way of doing things rather then stand-alone SQL querying. Integrate the checks directly upon start up and if its missing columns / tables it will automatically fill in the SQL needed.

On top of which .. look into MSSQL services, don't bring bad coding habits over from Java also don't use MySQL. I mean me if you're already going C# .. for the love of god stray away from your Odin habits.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
For those having issues with SQL, since you're already fussing over trying C# look into "LINQ", much more efficient way of doing things rather then stand-alone SQL querying. Integrate the checks directly upon start up and if its missing columns / tables it will automatically fill in the SQL needed.

On top of which .. look into MSSQL services, don't bring bad coding habits over from Java also don't use MySQL. I mean me if you're already going C# .. for the love of god stray away from your Odin habits.

I don't think it's worth it to completely recode the SQL.
Plus it's not a sql problem, it's something with the source.

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's worth it to completely recode the SQL.
Plus it's not a sql problem, it's something with the source.
Perhaps not for someone looking to just casually use the source to fool around and such, but you would be surprised when you see the difference it makes :)

What's the issue with you DCing? Anything on the console?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Perhaps not for someone looking to just casually use the source to fool around and such, but you would be surprised when you see the difference it makes :)

What's the issue with you DCing? Anything on the console?

Didn't mean it in a mean way, sorry if it sounded like that :p
Yeah I just want to fool around :] Maybe release some code I make for it, MAYBE.

The login server says :
"[Error] Uncatched fatal error on client:
The specified account does not exist.
[Info] Saved account ' ' to database.
[Info] Client disposed."

Before it was giving me two [Error]s.
I tried logging in after that to see if the created account would work, but it didn't. I'm pretty sure the servers automatically logging me in, just like that old repack which I forgot the name of, would log you into an account automatically.

Nexon's undercover
Reaction score
Sorry guys! I fixed it (still need to do a better method lol), update your SVN. P.S. Don't forget about the database's names, look the the attachment.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Didn't mean it in a mean way, sorry if it sounded like that :p
Yeah I just want to fool around :] Maybe release some code I make for it, MAYBE.

The login server says :
"[Error] Uncatched fatal error on client:
The specified account does not exist.
[Info] Saved account ' ' to database.
[Info] Client disposed."

Before it was giving me two [Error]s.
I tried logging in after that to see if the created account would work, but it didn't. I'm pretty sure the servers automatically logging me in, just like that old repack which I forgot the name of, would log you into an account automatically.

Sorry took a while for the v111 download. Here

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It executes it automatically lol

There are some "tweaks" this source can use, can I have your permission to take this and export it from SVN, make the necessary adjustments and re-release it? Of course same project name + credits.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
it didn't for us.

Also why didn't you just make it 1 database?

I saw in the code that it is meant to automatically execute SQL code. But it's not working.
Can we have a SQL of everything? I notice there is still no account database. I am still getting DCed.

Nexon's undercover
Reaction score
You guys just don't use to it ;)
In order it'll execute the sql for you, you must give the two databases different names and also don't have that database already in your mysql. Anyways I'll try to tweak it a bit when I'll get home.

@sparks
I preffer you'll suggest your ideas here so I could update the svn.

Back