Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web [Web]How to set up a CMS

Reaction score
Well after I created the thread "How to setup an SVN" I've gotten PMs requesting a tutorial on how to set up a CMS. I thought I'd make it for those people.

Downloads you will need:
Web Site Hoster:
CMS: Download Cype CMS here

Step One: Install both Wamp Server and Cype
Step Two: Open up your wamp and it should be like this
NyCPirate - [Web]How to set up a CMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Step Three: Click on your WampServer icon and click "put online" After clicking put online then click "Start all Services" and your wamp icon should be all white now.

Setp Four: Click on wamp and click on "www directory" then a folder should open up delete the file that's in the folder and put your Cype CMS files inside the "www directory" folder and it should look like this

Step Five: Open up mysql and run the sql's and also open up your config folder>database
and edit the database file with your info.
Step Six: Open up your internet browser and type in and this should open up. From there just follow the tutorial to setting up your cype. If the installation doesn't open up go into your www directory>install and rename the install.lock into install.file

Step Seven: Go into your www directory folder>install and rename the instal.file to install.lock

You have now setup your Cms. Just distribute your ip that you put into your database to your player's and they will be able to connect. If I helped please thank me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Tutorial]How to set up a CMS

Nice guide.
It help all newbie with it.

Get patient for more reply.

Reaction score

Did you run ALL the sqls? As for the wamp click the icon in your system tray and click on php then php settings then click short open tags and restart your wamp servers

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

is ther like an order they are sopose to go cuz i ran all the files or is ther anyother files i am sopose to run expect for the one in Sql?

And the wamp sever is working now Thx

Smoke & Fly
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Nice guide.
It help all newbie with it.

Get patient for more reply.
Once they learn how to search, they will use this.
Maybe you should make a guide on how to search the forum, but they wont find that either...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Once they learn how to search, they will use this.
Maybe you should make a guide on how to search the forum, but they wont find that either...

The "Search" button is not related to maplestory,even i make it,the thread will get locked:?:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I get this error when trying to register :

Code:
Field 'lastknownip' doesn't have a default value

Reaction score

go into your mysql and accounts and then look at the lastknownip colomn and type a zero in there and try, and have run all the sqls?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

go into your mysql and accounts and then look at the lastknownip colomn and type a zero in there and try, and have run all the sqls?

still fail, btw i using xiuzsource 3.1
V62, and i making web with wamp, help please.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

At the last part of the cypems installation, I put in all the details,
then it says "your server doesn't have a name ? "

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hmm, wamp works fine in my Laptop *My former host* But when I set it up in my VPS, the wamp window still stays red, and I disabled the firewall in the VPS, all the ports were fowarded, etc... And it still stayed red. Any help?

Back