Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web MapleBit Support Thread

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I can only login after pressing F5 ( refresh ), I read someone posted here before but I never got a fix on that.. anyone got a solution?
you have php error in that ajax script, i think it named login.php.
check the logs, there is an error that stops the sending of success, so ur not login automaticlly without refresh.

Upvote 0
Discord: .z41n
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Got everything working!

This may or may not be off topic but I'll ask anyway:
Was anyone able to get a pingback working with GTOP ?
I'm using the script here, but it doesn't work.
Even updated with GTOPs new list of ips..
http://forum.ragezone.com/f692/gtops-pingback-maplebit-1101794/

Also, thanks very much for your release greenelfx
Are you by any chance completing the installer for v2? Would love to try

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tired multiple times to work on changing css files, especially the simplex but it does not do any changes.
Where should I edit it. ? Thank you! @greenelfx

Upvote 0

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I can only login after pressing F5 ( refresh ), I read someone posted here before but I never got a fix on that.. anyone got a solution?
check via F12, see what file u need to edit, and edit it. you might just want to add <style></style> to release some cache, or add ?v=1 at the <link href, or ctrl + shift + r.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What version of MapleStory is recommanded to use for MapleBit? Im using v83 GMS atm but it seems characters are not being made in the characters colum in the database. There is no data lost tho, so its somewhere.. Im using ZenthosDev V83.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I am having 2 issue

1) When logging in from the webpage, if the account is a webadmin, it will not auto refresh. Thus, hung there, until f5/manual refresh is invoked. It has something to do in the login.php, which I'm figuring out as I can't echo anything out right now...

2) I have extracted the GD and did some research, I went to php.ini to enable extension=gd. However, still no image showing, is there any other config that I need to tweak?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hello,

I am having 2 issue

1) When logging in from the webpage, if the account is a webadmin, it will not auto refresh. Thus, hung there, until f5/manual refresh is invoked. It has something to do in the login.php, which I'm figuring out as I can't echo anything out right now...

2) I have extracted the GD and did some research, I went to php.ini to enable extension=gd. However, still no image showing, is there any other config that I need to tweak?

Thanks!

1 - you have PHP error in the Ajax file (can’t remember the name of the file).
2 - enable debug (will help for both cases ^)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1 - you have PHP error in the Ajax file (can’t remember the name of the file).
2 - enable debug (will help for both cases ^)

ah. i kind of fixed the GD issue by playing around with older rev GD files... (Still not sure abt the actual issue)

-> php error in ajax file? uhm, i'll look into it.. might be due to version incompatibility.. anw thanks for the suggestion to enable debugging, i had totally overlooked it..

-> there was an error in the registration too.. one of the module was deprecated in php 7.4 and over, thus i've reworked that portion for the registration...

Upvote 0

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
ah. i kind of fixed the GD issue by playing around with older rev GD files... (Still not sure abt the actual issue)

-> php error in ajax file? uhm, i'll look into it.. might be due to version incompatibility.. anw thanks for the suggestion to enable debugging, i had totally overlooked it..

-> there was an error in the registration too.. one of the module was deprecated in php 7.4 and over, thus i've reworked that portion for the registration...

from what I know, MapleBIT is made for PHP 5.6 and not 7.4.
but the CMS is very simple without any complicated code, so it’s should be able to run on the newer versions, I want to say even on 8 but it’s requires some testing! :)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
from what I know, MapleBIT is made for PHP 5.6 and not 7.4.
but the CMS is very simple without any complicated code, so it’s should be able to run on the newer versions, I want to say even on 8 but it’s requires some testing! :)

Oh i'm running on php8. Thus i've been trying to tweak some deprecated library to make it actually functionable. So far I've fixed the registration, and there's one more error that I've yet to solve in the admin-cp.

-> Manage account button returns this error

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Unsupported operand types: string / string in C:\xampp\htdocs\heavenms\assets\libs\Zebra_Pagination.php:337
Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\heavenms\assets\libs\Zebra_Pagination.php(291): Zebra_Pagination->get_pages() #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\heavenms\sources\admin\manage-accounts.php(158): Zebra_Pagination->get_page() #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\heavenms\sources\admin\main.php(149): include('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\heavenms\index.php(41): include('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #4 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\heavenms\assets\libs\Zebra_Pagination.php on line 337

-> Also i have not fixed the problem where I need to refresh the page manually to login...

Upvote 0

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Oh i'm running on php8. Thus i've been trying to tweak some deprecated library to make it actually functionable. So far I've fixed the registration, and there's one more error that I've yet to solve in the admin-cp.

-> Also i have not fixed the problem where I need to refresh the page manually to login...

I don’t know zebra pagination library but I can’t think why this is useful, doing a pagination script is kinda easy and does not take long (I’m a web developer so I’ve done it many times and never considered even to search on a pagination library to use under PHP.
If you want I can give u a service to fix Pagination & admincp & login for a payment of course. (If u want I also have custom CMS for MapleBit from scratch).
cheers

Upvote 0
Reaction score

For the issue you have with the pagination library, a possible solution (haven't tried it honestly) would bee to update the library to the latest version. The one included with MapleBit is dated back to 2016, whereas the latest version of the library dates back to 2017, perhaps it has a few changes in regards to compatibility with newer versions of PHP.

Also, after reviewing your error and the code, perhaps it lies here:
PHP:
public function get_pages()
{                        
     // return the total number of pages based on the total number of records and number of records to be shown per page
     return [USER=793105]Ceil[/USER]($this->_properties['records'] / $this->_properties['records_per_page']);
}

I can only assume that this line expects integers and not strings, therefore I'd suggest debugging the code in sources\admin\manage-accounts.php line 158;
PHP:
$query = $mysqli->query('SELECT * FROM accounts LIMIT '.(($pagination->get_page() - 1) * $records_per_page).', '.$records_per_page.'');
Please use the die() function on the variable $query after line 158, this will end the execution of the website code, that's below this line, and will instead allow you to see the actual value of the $query variable after returning the query from the Database.

Post whatever it gives you, I'll try to help a bit :)

P.S. another suggestion would be to downgrade the PHP version from 8 to 7 if there are compatibility issues.

Upvote 0

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
For the issue you have with the pagination library, a possible solution (haven't tried it honestly) would bee to update the library to the latest version. The one included with MapleBit is dated back to 2016, whereas the latest version of the library dates back to 2017, perhaps it has a few changes in regards to compatibility with newer versions of PHP.

Also, after reviewing your error and the code, perhaps it lies here:
PHP:
public function get_pages()
{                        
     // return the total number of pages based on the total number of records and number of records to be shown per page
     return [USER=793105]Ceil[/USER]($this->_properties['records'] / $this->_properties['records_per_page']);
}

I can only assume that this line expects integers and not strings, therefore I'd suggest debugging the code in sources\admin\manage-accounts.php line 158;
PHP:
$query = $mysqli->query('SELECT * FROM accounts LIMIT '.(($pagination->get_page() - 1) * $records_per_page).', '.$records_per_page.'');
Please use the die() function on the variable $query after line 158, this will end the execution of the website code, that's below this line, and will instead allow you to see the actual value of the $query variable after returning the query from the Database.

Post whatever it gives you, I'll try to help a bit :)

P.S. another suggestion would be to downgrade the PHP version from 8 to 7 if there are compatibility issues.

Since it's not a prepare statement you can replace $mysqli->query with print and then it's will output the query filled with the parameters, then just paste it under MySQL WorkBench and see what is the reason for the error.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since it's not a prepare statement you can replace $mysqli->query with print and then it's will output the query filled with the parameters, then just paste it under MySQL WorkBench and see what is the reason for the error.

thanks! that issue got fixed, the other issue im having is not being able to login without pressing f5/refresh.. shall fix that abit later

Upvote 0

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
thanks! that issue got fixed, the other issue im having is not being able to login without pressing f5/refresh.. shall fix that abit later
enable debug, or have a look at the error_log file

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
enable debug, or have a look at the error_log file

thanks i'll try that today! do you happen to have discord? :x

nevertheless, thank you for your help!

thanks i'll try that today! do you happen to have discord? :x

nevertheless, thank you for your help!

fixed. to anyone who has this issue
-> MapleBit with Heavenms source

-> go to sources/misc/login.php

there's this field at the bottom where it wrote [ if($account['gm'] ......] comment this field...

reason: there isn't a gm column in heavenms account table..

Upvote 0
Discord: .z41n
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with images becoming broken? None seem to be working anymore. Strangely though, the Characters folder has the full images in there.

scm8hXr - MapleBit Support Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

No changes were made to the database configs or URLs or table names. The link to one of the broken images is:

http://localhost/assets/img/GD/create.php?name=<IGN>

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Reaction score

Thanks for reporting this issue, I've released v1.31 which resolves this issue under PHP 8.x:

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting this issue, I've released v1.31 which resolves this issue under PHP 8.x:

Thanks for updating it too!
Actually, I've made a couple of changes at my end, if you're interested I could pm you the changes that I've made so you could determine if the changes are necessary to be pushed to your git repository haha.

Upvote 0
Back