Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perfect World's free and open Emulator

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
--- [Discussion] Perfect World's free and open Emulator ---​

Some things I was thinking today:
- Perfect World was released in 2005 in China;
- Aion in 2008 in South Korea;
- Aion already has a great and functional emulator;
- Perfect World, as far as I know, has a closed emulator that nobody knows how is going the progress and neither if it will actually be released...

So I wonder, why Perfect World, even though it was released three years before Aion, doesn't had the same evolution that Aion in terms of emulators?

I see that there is community interest in an emulator.
I'm sure we have great programmers in the community of Perfect World.

So I ask again, why we don't have an free, open and solid emulator yet?
Are we too concerned with customizations and enhancements and forgot what is really going to expand our horizons?
Are we going too slow? Are we short sighted?

What do you think, guys?
(Yes, this topic is to entice you and know your opinions :thumb:)

PS. 1: If there is any wrong information, please correct me.
PS. 2: English is not my first language. Please forgive me if I had made any mistake.

:tea:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Find someone who have several year of experience in:
-reverse engineering protocols
-C++ or any stable coding language

Then ask them if they're ready to spend about 1000h of work if not more, for free, on their free time to produce something.

Once you have the above, you've got a good candidate to create an emulator. As far as I know, none of the pserver owner out there meet all the above requirement. Emulators don't pop out of nowhere with some willpower.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe that building an emulator is a work by gamers for gamers.
To engage in a project like this one must have real interest in seeing the ultimate goal realized.
And first of all, you have to like the game itself (I refer here to an open source project, not for profit).

From what you say, only the Aion's community has the will and, especially, the commitment to do this?
Only they are good enough to do that, then?
Because they did. As I said, they have a solid and free emulator.

Why the Perfect World community can not do it?
Does our community has not committed enough for that?

"Oh, that's hard ..." "Ah, that takes time ..."
Yes, it was difficult for them. That consumed their time. But they did. Not received a cent in return and released for all those who wants to make a server.

We can't do like them? Only if we don't want to.
The Perfect World community is worse than them? No. We have the same capabilities and the same passion for the game.

Am I wrong?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Many more than fun, many servers come to earn very high amount of money, and even the largest servers Private PW not seek professionals in the area. A Pack of PW with new classes, skill, etc. could be sold for a good value. I think that pw does not please the professional area.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I believe that building an emulator is a work by gamers for gamers.
To engage in a project like this one must have real interest in seeing the ultimate goal realized.
And first of all, you have to like the game itself (I refer here to an open source project, not for profit).

From what you say, only the Aion's community has the will and, especially, the commitment to do this?
Only they are good enough to do that, then?
Because they did. As I said, they have a solid and free emulator.

Why the Perfect World community can not do it?
Does our community has not committed enough for that?

"Oh, that's hard ..." "Ah, that takes time ..."
Yes, it was difficult for them. That consumed their time. But they did. Not received a cent in return and released for all those who wants to make a server.

We can't do like them? Only if we don't want to.
The Perfect World community is worse than them? No. We have the same capabilities and the same passion for the game.

Am I wrong?

Aion and WoW and a lot of other large commercial MMOs we have server files available for had emulators made for the specific reason that the server files were never leaked like they were for PW and JD and w/e other PWRD games there are, because of that, there wasn't much of a need to put effort into making one if we already have an official and working one, thats just how it is tbh

Don't Ask About Tideborn
Reaction score
perfect world not aion.. aion not perfect world.. perfect world have god encrypted and offical site always update security.. u can see about cheat aion and perfect world.. aion can use only a little Ducking cheat engine.. its will work.. but not for perfect world.. from v. 1.2.6 cheat engine never work on perfect world. new version aion can be decrypted.. but not for perfect world :mellow: we have know.. korea not have good security on online games.. like gunz from korea..1 week after new version realease.. got cracked..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@das7002 and hrace009

But you agree that until we have an emulator will not have new things?
We will never have Genies, Tideborn, autopathing (just to mention a few things) and we will be not one but several steps behind the official servers?
Or we will wait forever for the leak of a new version of the official server...
We will always be tied to SQL injection and we'll never have real control over our databases?
What do you think, guys?

@vixio_dv

Thanks for the information.

@ Everyone who participated so far

Thanks for sharing your opinions with us.

PS.: If there is any wrong information, please correct me.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@das7002 and hrace009

But you agree that until we have an emulator will not have new things?
We will never have Genies, Tideborn, autopathing (just to mention a few things) and we will be not one but several steps behind the official servers?
Or we will wait forever for the leak of a new version of the official server...
We will always be tied to SQL injection and we'll never have real control over our databases?
What do you think, guys?

@vixio_dv

Thanks for the information.

@ Everyone who participated so far

Thanks for sharing your opinions with us.

PS.: If there is any wrong information, please correct me.

First off, like vixio said, the server and the client have always had god like encryption, so that is really something would take a lot of effort to get cracked, and still hasn't been done as far as I know of

Secondly, who the hell wrote the scripts running on your server if you are getting SQL injection issues?

Autopathing is probably client sided and someone will eventually get it Im sure of that, tideborn even on official are still bugged to hell, why would we want them?

Genies, sure you can have them, just make an all class pet using the genie gfx etc

And even though aion has many servers out there, like I said earlier they exist for WoW and Aion etc because there will never be a leak, ever, that is a damn fact. It was also dead simple to reverse engineer it all, its kind of shameful how easily they managed to pull it off, BUT there are many things that just don't work at all with them

If you want to spend years trying to reverse engineer this goliath and buggy monster of a server we have, that not even the developers in china working on it now have a clue about, be my guest, but don't come here when what we have is a working server and client that isn't all that buggy, relatively stable, and we have gotten a lot of things working that are seemingly wtf inducing, its all a matter of working with what you have, not trying to take something you have no idea how it works at all and making a new one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just a few examples of commitment and passion to which I referred earlier:

The Aion Lightning Project is a GPL licensed open-source community project for creating a Java-based Aion server. The members maintain the project only for their own and Aion players entertainment and has no intention in getting any profit out of the developments.

Hy @Vav I really apreciate your offer but I will keep working for myself and this community, no offence. Thanks very much and see around...

My greetings to Aion-Lightning's community, dannybest (Aion's Community), 343, aringaso, Drakaer, hrace009, nofxpunkerbrian, rbb138, Romulan, ronny1982 and many others not cited here that do a wonderful job on behalf of the entire community. :thumbup1:

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm not a coder but i can be a nice tester to check missing/wrong/bugged things with the emulator :mellow:

Like some players did for the Aion Private Server thread.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I had the needed knowledge to engage myself in this project, no doubt, I would do with pleasure. But, unfortunately, I don't have (I'm studying for it :eek:tt1:). But I would help in whatever way possible (maybe tester to).

Surely this is not a job for one men only. And while a team is unwilling to start this project, it will never exist ...
We do not need a super programmer, who will take all the project and make as if by magic.
Like any open project it would be a job where every one would do little things. And the sum of these small things lead to the final result.

One person alone can do little, but the community as a whole is capable (Does anyone out there thought about Linux?).

Just some things I think...

Last edited:
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Check this out >>

If you want to help, just ask them =D

Private and closed project shhhh :thumbdown:

We want an open source one and free for everyone who want to contribute.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@snaity

Here, my friend:

Private Development Stage
Postby gouranga » 04 May 2010, 11:46

Thanks everyone, our project now is not public.

gouranga - PWEmu Core Developer

Thank you all
Post by gouranga » 04 May 2010, 11:54

(...)
The server is now being developed exclusively private way. For two customers.
(...)

gouranga - PWEmu Core Developer

@Those who have not participated yet

I would like to know the opinion of my other Perfect World Gurus on this topic also. :blush:

Last edited:
Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Do I really need to say it again? The main reason why not much work was ever put into one is because we already had a working leak, it works just the way it is supposed to do and does a relatively good job at that

And the Aion and other MMO "emulators" have way more bugs then we do, I challenge you to prove me wrong on that...

Back