Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perfect World's free and open Emulator

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm currently working on a packet re-injector through a modified version of PwProxy.
I already re-implemented the MPPC algorithm and I can now pack data and send them to the client or the server.
It could be a first step to an OnLive converter between old glinkd and new Client, to study packet structure, or re-implement glinkd to work with new Client (and maybe, in the future create an emu)
It can also be used to study server security by injecting some specific packets.

I'll release those tools when they'll be finished and try to explain how all of this works. :)
Very good job :thumbup1:

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
since the other threads about that topic are wayyy older than this one, i decided to post it here:
Me and another guy some of you may know started an open source Perfect World Emulator project.

We are still in a very early phase, but the login and encryption setup are basically working. Anyone can join and help. To get full commiting rights, you need to prove that you can provide useful stuff or good code to solve problems.

The project is free to read to anyone and created under GPL3 License.
The programming language is currently C# with .net4.0 under Windows to have a maximum developing speed. Maybe it can be made portable for Mono later, but the primary goal is to get it done before pwemu.com, who want no help but extreme license fees for their stuff.
A Webpage with forum for discussion will follow the next days.
Domain and forum will be sponsored by .

The project development is hosted on google code:

Reaction score
since the other threads about that topic are wayyy older than this one, i decided to post it here:
Me and another guy some of you may know started an open source Perfect World Emulator project.

We are still in a very early phase, but the login and encryption setup are basically working. Anyone can join and help. To get full commiting rights, you need to prove that you can provide useful stuff or good code to solve problems.

The programming language is currently C# with .net4.0 under Windows to have a maximum developing speed. Maybe it can be made portable for Mono later, but the primary goal is to get it done before pwemu.com, who want no help but extreme license fees for their stuff.

Eh... Possibly... I stared your project and if it looks like it is actually going somewhere in about a month I'll help (anyone even me can make what you have in at most a few hours) since I want to see it isn't something like I do a lot (create something with intention of building it up but never have time to do it)

Best of luck to you though :thumbup:

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
lol i cant write PMs .... my postcount is too low.
Otherwise i'd message freya421 for help, because our mppc pseudo compressor still messes a bit.

[B]aSH
Reaction score

Sounds interesting, might have to take a look see whats going on with this.

Reaction score

Nice. I can't wait.

Anubis. That name is familiar. Weren't you involved with pwemu at some point?

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
i was on their forums and posted some info about pck as it was still half public, so yes i was.
OT: anyone need unpacker for Forsaken World? :D

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
my unpacker detects the pck type and automatically choses the key for extraction, compression stays pw style though

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
no, it behaves like pwpack, with 2 differences:
1. it doesnt support -r command for repack
2. it supports -i command to inject few files into existing pck, e.g. for checking if a model fix did work it needs like 3-10 seconds, instead of some minutes for a full repack
quite handy if you mess with data to find out some stuff

Viva la Vida
Reaction score
Hasn't been any posts in awhile, just wondering if this project is still going and hows it going? :p

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
Few to no ppl active at the moment, feel free to join if you have something to contribute ;)

Reaction score
I know the protocol, but no C#. I can help with the theory (MPPC/RC4/Opcodes/Packet structures).

Dont know what to help though, since I cant just download and work on your code :)

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
why not? all you have to do is to get a free edition of visual studio 2010 and download the code from svn.
The most essential thing at the moment is the correct packet splitting algorithm or a proper compressor that does not make the packets bigger than ~2048 byte

Back