Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Complete Perfect World editor - right in your browser

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I created something unusual and wanted to share.This is a Perfect World editor that can be accessed as a web page. It's available here: . There's also a WIP guide right here: (Give the editor a minute to load some assets on the first load, there's about 20MB to be fetched in the background first)
The editor is only a tip of the iceberg. Basically, a couple of friends and I are creating this new, but old-school 1.3.6 server that's meant to be continuously updated by the community. Quoting from our main page ( ): The idea is that a community member makes changes in the editor, then with a single click of a button publishes those to broader audience. Next, the changes are discussed on the forums and eventually, when approved by the administrator, they land directly in game.
Using the editor doesn't require any technical knowledge. It's meant to be very user-friendly. We have a test server up and running and we're able to make changes in the editor, then see them in game within like a minute. There's a client-side launcher that downloads all latest changes into everyone's game. As of today, the following can be modified:
  • NPCs - their name, location, the goods they're selling and their offered crafts
  • Particular recipes with probabilities for up to 4 different target items crafted with up to 8 materials
  • Items -> their name, icon, price, as well as all other properties. E.g. wing speed, Tisha stone refine chances, or charm capacity (everything except weapons and armors can be modified - those two will come later)
    [*]Every item/NPC can be cloned, searched, removed. There's an option to create your custom, handy lists. Recently used ones are nicely listed as well
    [*]There's full history of your work -> Every 5 minutes your changes are sent to the server and any of them can be rolled back
    [*]In the editor you can see all changes made by others that were approved and merged

I have just finished coding the backend for quest parsing, so a quest editor should pop up within the upcoming days as well.
We also have a discord channel (link on the website's top menu). Cheers! :):
beta11n - Complete Perfect World editor - right in your browser - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
looks good, will there be a release for it and what versions does/will it work with.

cheers

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Right, I should have made it clear. The editor is currently bound to PW Mirage. I might publish it as an open-source, standalone tool in future, but I want to give PW Mirage a head start with it first. A few months at least.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
We're making good progress. The upcoming quest editor already looks solid!

beta11n - Complete Perfect World editor - right in your browser - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sure. It might even happen sooner than later because some people offerred help with development and I'm definitely too short on time to implement everything I can imagine, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

We launched the server in the meantime, also had to start another test server, then refactor the backend a bit, and because of that the feature development is on hold for now. The entire editor didn't get as much attention as I hoped for and I'm working now on making it even more user friendly.

As an update to this thread, here's the reimagined project maganement. The idea is to show a summary of each change on this single page. Each change (which is called a project) can be opened in the editor and looked at in detail.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I started pushing the code to github and also created a wiki. So far there's only the JSON database, but I'll be pushing patches regularly now :)

Code: [redacted]
Wiki: [redacted]
Ben

Last edited:
Back