Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perfect World 136 on Ubuntu 8.04 Server VMware Image by Beastie ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
tds error

can u guys help me with this issue

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi i have download and try to use this server but server not run
how do for he run

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
server doesnt run?

if this can help :
you have to start the virtual machine, login (user : root, password : root), then you have to type ./start.sh or ./start_minimal.sh

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello atomic fox
yes i have already do that
but i have window black he star to write something but is alwayse line
1h after he not run
maybe is better if i copy log

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hmm yup you should post a log, so anyone more experienced than me can help you ;)

btw server startup takes around 5/10 mins for me, depending on what startup config i use, when it's fully loaded you have a message like " now launch the game" or "startup complete"

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
dear atomic
i thinks i have bug
i have try at 2 computer
is same
maybe i do something in error
but i post tomorow for log
and you how you have do

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I followed the instructions on the first post, setup vmware, get the files and start the server...
I guess i was lucky...

sinon on la fait en Fran

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how do i use this in ubuntu lol i just got done making rar work on here extracted everything and dont know what to do so how i make this server run?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi glh290 you have download vmware
you can take vmware player
then you can run your server
atomix know more

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok i get it to open with vmware player but i have no clue on what to do i get this screen that says

Ubuntu 8.04.1 ttyl

perfectworld login:_

how do i log in also where do i find the files to fix the problems that he had posted after the download links sorry im kinda a noob to clinux ubuntu wmware stuff like that

--------------EDIT

i think i dont have the files right i dont have a pwserver folder config folder and stuff like that where i get thos?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
to login, you have to enter root as login, and root as password.

to start the server (including web interface for creating accounts), you'll have to type

./start.sh for a full server (including all dungeons/arenas)

./start_minimal.sh for a limited server (only arenas and main map if i'm right )

I dont remember the command to stop server... should be ./stop.sh or ./stop_server.sh

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
umm lol where i get the .sh files? and i switched to windows ubuntu wouldn't install vmware but i have all the same files i downloaded from here lol so if you could tell me on here or pm me telling me where to get the files (full repack with sh files) id be greatful and i cant enter the username and password it wont let me type it in

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
if you have beastie's files (files downloaded from this thread), you have to login to the server itself, using linux command line interface(cf your screenshot), when you login as root, you'll get to your home directory, where the sh files are

or you can type cd to go to your home directory

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I dont remember the command to stop server... should be ./stop.sh or ./stop_server.sh
Its ./stop_server.sh. Only problem is, it won't stop the server. Why? Because its trying to call /bin/killall which doesn't exist. Killall is located in /usr/bin/. I fixed it simply by creating a symlink, just go into /bin and type: link /usr/bin/killall killall. And then stop_server.sh will correctly stop the server.

Although frankly, I'd recommend learning how to actually use Linux before trying this. Just a couple quick command line tutorials would do the job. Also if VMware doesn't seem to want to enter keystrokes, just click the mouse on the spot with the text. That's what I had to do under Windows 7 (Windows 7 and VMware do NOT get along at all - I can't access the internet from the VM but I can still have people connect to the PWServer - it keeps trying to completely box in VMware).

glh290 said:
i think i dont have the files right i dont have a pwserver folder config folder and stuff like that where i get thos?
If you're lucky, you can just do this. Boot the VM. At the prompts, try to enter "root" for username and "root" for password. Once booted, type: nano /etc/network/interfaces. Move the cursor down to the words "eth0" and change them to "eth1".

After that, hit CTRL-X and then "y". Then type: /etc/init.d/networking restart. This should get the networking set up properly.

After that, type: nano /PWServer/gamed/gs.conf, move down to the anticheat thing and change "true" to "false". Then hit CTRL-X and then "y". Next, type: ./start_minimal.sh. At this point the server should start up. If not, then it probably isn't getting the correct IP port and things get a little messy at this point.

~Hunter~
Reaction score
hi all ;)

ok congratz for make this THREAD.. server works perfect..BUT
as i want try to use **BATGM* it say cant reach or not allow..

so maybe i have to change MY HOSTS and or from server to ...maybe

so can anyone help me out..

plssssss:blink::blink:

**ok thanks all.. ..btw help by myself.. it still works., hf

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
my server called everything perfect, now the problem is because people outside my network can not access the ip of VMware?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Dragganta said:
ok congratz for make this THREAD.. server works perfect..BUT
as i want try to use **BATGM* it say cant reach or not allow..

The following from the first post is most likely the issue.

beastie said:
you will have to allow BatGM to Access the Mysql database so do the following..

In phpmyadmin (after you have logged in as root) select your database (dbo) then select the privileges tab, once you have done that select "open new phpmyadmin window"
once that opens you should see the user overview page
1. select add user
2. add the following..
USER = root
HOST = IP of the comp that has BATGM on it
PASSWORD = Your Password
Retype Password = Your Password
Ignore Generate Password
3. now select for Database for user Grant all privileges on wildcard name (username\_%)
4. select check all
5. hit go

jefinhovp said:
my server called everything perfect, now the problem is because people outside my network can not access the ip of VMware?
Chances are your router/modem is doubling as a firewall and blocking all but specific incoming traffic. You'll need to read up its manual and enable port forwarding to the VM's IP for port 29000. If you want people to be able to register, you'll also need to forward port 80.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have some questions:

1.The MySQL is already installed on the Ubuntu operating system within VMWare image?

2.Se is does that mean no need to change any configuration ip correct? Only IP of my computer that will access the server to play right?

3.Se MySQL is already installed in the operating system installed on Ubuntu VMWare image because when I use. / Start.sh gives error and GameDB connect failed, geliveryd talked to connect in GAuth.

4. How I Change the version of server from 1.3.1 to 1.3.6 for use itens of version 1.3.9?

not change anything in the VMWare image, only tried to boot sevidor and found the errors sitados above. Please someone knows how to resolve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back