Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Perfect World MS - 1.3.9 + 1.4.1

Reaction score
Credits:
Credits for server files aren't mine, i worked on changes but original ones not from me, Ronny1982 and others who worked and involved the PW dev topics, too 343 for bash command idea, gouranga ( ) for pw my-en patchs, thank to Beastie, Visad, Razzor, Romulan, Drakaer,Loko9988, Altruist, Svit, int3, Axesas, Agatio, Soulriz, Alexndpro etc

This pack mainly focusing to share freely 1.3.9 - 1.4.1. client and server files with PW MS / MY-EN translation.

It's just memorial thing, not trying to revive what was dead in 2010!

[UPDATE - 2023. 12. 08]
Installation guide is here: https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/perfect-world-1-4-1-in-docker-with-ubuntu-22-04.1223056/

Whole PW retro project collection:
1. (whole project)
2. (1.4.2 pwi and 1.4.1/1.3.9 pw ms)

shadowvzs - [Release] Perfect World MS - 1.3.9 + 1.4.1 - RaGEZONE Forums

Version patch descriptions
1.3.9:
- No genie / Elemental Elf slot and npc
- No event boutique/item mall
- No event calendar
- Less mount and flyer/aviation, no lucky boxes and few stuff in item mall
- No head/hair fashion in item mall

1.4.1:
- Elemental Elf is on (slot/npc/loading screen)
- Event boutique used like GM item mall for testing stuffs but if you replace gshop1 then can remove it, better to use b05 / GM Shop map for buy stuffs.
- Event calendar with mini event descriptions, time and npc
- More item in item mall, included boxes too (you can remove with gshop editor from tools)
- Head/hair fashion added in item mall

Both version:
- Fix at game interface: texts, button widths, other in game interface stuff.
- More aviation, mount, fashion than original game
- 3 city arena opened
- Asura path event and Pair Quest work
- Fb109 hell n heaven work
- Old forest ruin work (Monday 8pm)
- World boss and mini boss there
- lv79/100 skills work
- language based on Pw Ms and My-en

Screenshot about interface (1.4.1)

Reenabled event and instance trailer HD video

Guides:
Following program needed for make server (everything in downloads section):
1. Client and Server files.
2. Oracle VirtualBox
3. Ubuntu 12.04 amd64 (maybe 14.04 ok too)
*Install SSH server when Ubuntu ask it*
4. winSCP for file transfer between virtualbox server and your operating system

How to install ubuntu 12.04 in VirtualBox

example how to copy server files to ubuntu virtualbox server and how to install

Download

Client -

Server -

Version switcher patch (default is 1.3.9) -

Tools for edit the client or server -

More mount (you can add manually, around 180 ride) -

Ubuntu 12.04 64bit server -

WinSCP -

Virtualbox -

7zip for 7z files -

My pwAdmin Web site for this version

with 1.4.1/1.4.2 (short trailer)

Full guide (with 1.5.3 but web setup very similiar too, except version and password type)

Few important note:
* Technical note: This is 1.4.2 v27 server and 1.4.2 v29 client with downgrade, it's mean this isn't original 1.3.9 or 1.4.1, only content is same (ex. i removed features to be similiar than 1.3.9), so you need use editors like this if you want edit:
-elements.data, gshop.data: v29 client side and v27 server side
-tasks.data: v78 client and v75 server side
-rest of data file isn't version depend

Other notes:
1. Default mysql password is "root" after you installed
2. Don't start server with pwAdmin (it's isn't launch authd and give "network error" in client), use start.sh or startip.sh, that work well
3. You pwAdmin for create account, give gm rank etc (if not work then start tomcat with ./.tomcat_start.sh)
4. have ipchange.sh file in root directory if you want change the ip after install, its change where its needed
5. use pwAdmin for start maps/instances after the server is up
6. for simple registration use your ip vbox lan ip in web browser (chrome or firefox), ex. 192.168.1.6 or use pwAdmin for more account management (make gm account, send cubi etc) with typeing in browser address your vbox lan ip and port (ex. 192.168.1.6:8080/pwAdmin)
7. PW server time is same than your ubuntu time (what is mostly is same than your timezone)
8. for check ip in vbox ubuntu (after logged in) type ip addr show, if ip is something like 10.0.0.5 then you not changed at network to bridged.
9. you can check in pwAdmin if server is started correctly after you started with shell file, if everything ok then world map is running in server control
10. Don't forget change the client ip to your server ip in client/element/userdata/server/serverlist.txt

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video Guides and Server
PW 1.4.2 downgrade: Server look like

PW MS: Remake server look like

Last edited:
Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
First oblective get 1.3.9 to work, second objective use pwi 1.3.9 client instead of my client, ty for release

Reaction score
First oblective get 1.3.9 to work, second objective use pwi 1.3.9 client instead of my client, ty for release

-every pw based on pwi if english, why would need +1? :D
-also i disliked pwi, also pw my-en and ms was earlier than pwi.....
-pw ms and pw my-en more retro because they dead, also its isn't 1.3.9 but content is similiar to 1.3.9, kinda peoples called the Dawn of Spirits (in pwi it was Age of Spirits) patch to 1.4.1 but acctually it was based on 1.3.9 on pw ms until it was 1.4.1 in pwi :p

so question is, when you call x,y version then you mean to content or protocals/encrypt version etc?

when i called content to 1.3.9 then i meant:
-tideborn weapon removed from game
-tb race removed from client
-tideborn area not accessable
-no mob or npc in that place
-old instance reactivated what worked in 1.3.9 but not in 1.4.2 etc
-genie/elf slot&npc removed
-interface changed to 1.3.9
-etc etc

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
-also i disliked pwi, also pw my-en and ms was earlier than pwi.....
What you think about pw philippines? I do not know much english, but this localization very easily understood for me, because pwru localized from this version firstly (2008), pwi languade hard and strange.

Reaction score
What you think about pw philippines? I do not know much english, but this localization very easily understood for me, because pwru localized from this version firstly (2008), pwi languade hard and strange.

honestly i heard about pw ph but never played, that still different than pw my but not that much than pwi i guess.

i know only from this wiki but not have files or anything, if you want you can change language if you change configs.pck/interface.pck and surface.pck :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sr my English is bad.
- I try setup server PW 1.4.1 start ok not offline.
- Login client check ping ip ok but

- I dont understand error what ?
- Please share server 1.3.9 or 1.4.1 setup work ok not error and client run and server. Tks so much.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Halo Brother shadowvzs , i dont login into Ubuntu server :
i Use :
Username = root
Password = root

help me..

Reaction score
Halo Brother shadowvzs , i dont login into Ubuntu server :
i Use :
Username = root
Password = root

help me..

if u cant login to ubuntu with root then you need login with that username what you typed during installation, in my video example it was user and if u logged in with that username then you can add password to root user (root user is similiar like administrator account on windows), with command sudo passwd root

Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
If i upload a STOCK pwi 1.3.9 can you make it work with these 1.3.9 server files for people who dont want a pw my version like myself

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If i upload a STOCK pwi 1.3.9 can you make it work with these 1.3.9 server files for people who dont want a pw my version like myself

If you already have a stock PW in your hard drive then why do not you share it with the community already?

Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
Because there ant server files for that version, and no one ever needs them, and ik there stock files because they came from the pwi cd i had that i found, was hopeing to find a stock 1.3.6 but instead got 1.3.9 so i decided to keep it to use it instead of 1.3.6

Reaction score
if anyone want PWI version why not combine with 1.4.2 pwi what i released? (141 is based on 142 with my changes)

if don't need the features from my 1.4.1 then u just need from 1.4.1 client the exe (removed tideborn race at selection, tideborn land restriction) and server side use class mask 219 and remove the tideborn weapons/recipes manually from 1.4.2 client.

(translateing 1.4.1 itself is harder because i added instance/quests/items/changed aipolicy etc but not too hard [few need replace with 1.4.2 files few need edit], everything what needed is in my package)

Reaction score
Ill try my best

use 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 files from me, you can use spck tool

1. replace interfaces.pck/configs.pck (.stf is permanent text, .htf text what appear if you hover on something, .dtf is text/image position for windows, *.txt other texts)
*don't touch the instance file in configs

2. surfaces.pck - replace jpg/dds files with 142 files
*don't touch iconlist and chat emotion files, mainly you need change loading screens and map files and auction tree list file.

3. edit/translate gshop.data files for be pwi item names
*don't forget, edit client side v29 and save it for v29 (client side) and v27 (server side) gshop.data/gshopsev.data

4. replace aipolicy.data on server side with 1.4.2 aipolicy.data

5. change names/fashion/aviation/recipe names/dialogs etc on elements.data with sEledit142
*don't forget edit only client side if you edit only names/text stuff and no other thing
*Use Field replace option in sEledit

6. replace help directory and text stuff in launcher directory and launcher itself with your client launcher

7. replace script.pck with 142

8. tasks.data - hardest part
*you can try use 142 and remove Bounty Hunter II/III and other newer quest like tideborn stuff, change all frost city/crescent valley/gv and asura path quest hot its in 1.4.1 and add the newer quests (i guess if u open with task editor the quests on top)

9. if i missed something maybe its in changelog or similiar file in mega in 141 directory

all required tool and files can found here

Back