Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

sMAPedit - simple MAP editor

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That works really well actually danke. Now i am trying to fix the height map on this small ramp that has such a steep gradient that i cant get it right driving me mad. If i cut it into pieces the mobs seem to get halfway down the ramp then fall into the ramp up t their shoulders, if i do it as a solid line and i set the top with where i stand {which mind you is elevated as is} they run into the bottom of the ramp cause its so steep :(: i guess it will just take endless fine tuning till i get lucky. This magnifier should help me alot though many thanks again.

How come mine is in black and white and i cant see color gradients when i turn off the background? in fact i just see white no gradients at all representing height changes.

Reaction score
Some time ago i got requests, to clone, copy, paste, rotate,... sections of the map files

Here we go, can import and export virtual grafics (png container), this will allow you to do the above operations with your favorite image editor...

Quick Guide (hmap)
  • open a hmap in sMAPtool
  • click "Export VG", this will create a 32 Bit PNG in the same directory where the hmap is located
  • now use your favorite image editor to do some copy/paste/transforms
  • the image looks a bit strange this is because the 0.0 - 800.0 float numbers are synthetical mapped to 32 Bit ARGB, so don't edit the values directly (i.e. paint pixels red), because colors you see are not the heights you get...
  • when finished editing save the image back (32 Bit PNG uncompressed !!!)
  • now switch back to sMAPtool and click "Import VG"
  • you should now see the modified hmap :):

*The steps are the same for rmap, but the PNG container is 8 Bit PNG uncompressed

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
manual hex editing to fix the water was annoying...

bsdata/*.dat fix capability was added to sMAPedit, you can download this release from the latest
I'll try it and see if it's cool :):

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
please give me link download ,
why invalid link old??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Back