Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

sMAPedit - simple MAP editor

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
keeps getting so much better, love it.

a zoom feature would be amazing

and maybe you can also merge this tool into it:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
path.sev - what is the function of toogle Background ? a08.png ?

turns the selected background image on/off

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

keeps getting so much better, love it.

a zoom feature would be amazing

and maybe you can also merge this tool into it:

It's to difficult to extend the application by a zoom feature, the data structures was developed with disrespect to a zoom feature. It would need a lot of changes to make this work...

I've created a OpenGL 3D Surface Visualizer for my job, but i think my employer wouldn't like it if i add this code to an open source application, cause it's for commercial use xD...

ronny1982 - sMAPedit - simple MAP editor - RaGEZONE Forums

And making another 3D Surface Viewer... i don't like doing stuff twice :(:

Last edited:
RaGEZONER
Loyal Member
Reaction score
" turns the selected background image on/off " i know - but where all the images ? only " 1024x1024_Grid.png / 1024x1024_Grid.png / a08.png " - no other image / load any .sev - only this 3 images a selectable

Reaction score
" turns the selected background image on/off " i know - but where all the images ? only " 1024x1024_Grid.png / 1024x1024_Grid.png / a08.png " - no other image / load any .sev - only this 3 images a selectable

i try to upload the 200 MB Map-Pack, but connection breaks all the time, maybe i'm successful on the next try...

also you can make your own maps and place them in "/maps/path/" ^^

Last edited:
Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i see, well its not 100% needed, worst comes to worst we can just lower mouse speed and use the microsoft screen magnifier lol!

already made my first rmap with this for frost walking. very easy :)

you dont need to make a new 3D surface viewer, just pack that tool into the program and put a button to run it?

also annother suggestion,

a "apply" button to set the height of a area in hmap instead of pressing the up then the down arrows to get it to apply.

and also, much like the colour grabber tool in ms paint, a button to grab the height of a area in the hmap so we dont have to copy it manually if we want to fill in a hole for example.

Reaction score
i see, well its not 100% needed, worst comes to worst we can just lower mouse speed and use the microsoft screen magnifier lol!

already made my first rmap with this for frost walking. very easy :)

you dont need to make a new 3D surface viewer, just pack that tool into the program and put a button to run it?

also annother suggestion,

a "apply" button to set the height of a area in hmap instead of pressing the up then the down arrows to get it to apply.

and also, much like the colour grabber tool in ms paint, a button to grab the height of a area in the hmap so we dont have to copy it manually if we want to fill in a hole for example.

Linking to an external programm that switch to fullscreen didn't really fit to the behaviour of the software, i prefer you use this 3D viewer external.

Numeric UpDown Fields applies values on UpDown action, or when pressing "Enter" key, this will do the trick ^^

height picker, really good idea, i will add this by shift+leftclick or middleclick in the next release :thumbup1:

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

is currently available on filedropper, until i get this uploaded to the project page...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
turns the selected background image on/off

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

It's to difficult to extend the application by a zoom feature, the data structures was developed with disrespect to a zoom feature. It would need a lot of changes to make this work...

I've created a OpenGL 3D Surface Visualizer for my job, but i think my employer wouldn't like it if i add this code to an open source application, cause it's for commercial use xD...

ronny1982 - sMAPedit - simple MAP editor - RaGEZONE Forums

And making another 3D Surface Viewer... i don't like doing stuff twice :(:

since u created it and they own it cant you alter it a little then its a seperate item. its like a song you can play the same song change the lyrics and its not owned by that person anymore. :w00t:

again thanks so much for all your efforts ronnie its really appreciated.

Last edited:
RaGEZONER
Loyal Member
Reaction score
loading toogle background world without load a " map " -> only world map

by selecting from other map to world.map in fullscreenmode

Code:
Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Für diesen Befehl ist nicht genügend Speicher verfügbar
   bei System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.CreateCompatibleDIB(IntPtr hdc, IntPtr hpal, Int32 ulWidth, Int32 ulHeight, IntPtr& ppvBits)
   bei System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.CreateBuffer(IntPtr src, Int32 offsetX, Int32 offsetY, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   bei System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.AllocBuffer(Graphics targetGraphics, IntPtr targetDC, Rectangle targetRectangle)
   bei System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.AllocBufferInTempManager(Graphics targetGraphics, IntPtr targetDC, Rectangle targetRectangle)
   bei System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.Allocate(IntPtr targetDC, Rectangle targetRectangle)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
sMAPedit
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.3773.1479.
    Win32-Version: .
    CodeBase: file://xxx/sTools/sMAPedit%20v0.7/sMAPedit.exe.
msvcm90
    Assembly-Version: 9.0.30729.4926.
    Win32-Version: 9.00.30729.4926.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4926_none_508ed732bcbc0e5a/msvcm90.dll.
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
mscorlib.resources
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

Last edited:
Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
correct a01 minimap.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
loading toogle background world without load a " map " -> only world map

by selecting from other map to world.map in fullscreenmode

Code:
Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Für diesen Befehl ist nicht genügend Speicher verfügbar
   bei System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.CreateCompatibleDIB(IntPtr hdc, IntPtr hpal, Int32 ulWidth, Int32 ulHeight, IntPtr& ppvBits)
   bei System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.CreateBuffer(IntPtr src, Int32 offsetX, Int32 offsetY, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   bei System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.AllocBuffer(Graphics targetGraphics, IntPtr targetDC, Rectangle targetRectangle)
   bei System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.AllocBufferInTempManager(Graphics targetGraphics, IntPtr targetDC, Rectangle targetRectangle)
   bei System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.Allocate(IntPtr targetDC, Rectangle targetRectangle)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
sMAPedit
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.3773.1479.
    Win32-Version: .
    CodeBase: file://xxx/sTools/sMAPedit%20v0.7/sMAPedit.exe.
msvcm90
    Assembly-Version: 9.0.30729.4926.
    Win32-Version: 9.00.30729.4926.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4926_none_508ed732bcbc0e5a/msvcm90.dll.
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
mscorlib.resources
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

On large images (i.e. World Map ~350 MB) the GDI of .NET Framework has problems to create a graphic object and draw on it. This also happens on smaller images if you switching the path points or segments fast, before the graphics object finished the previous drawing operation...

Currently i don't have a fix for this, when editing files do it slow, this prevents some errors...

---------------------------------------------

Also sMAPedit 0.7a + Map-Pack are available on project page. Now you can set height values by a "color picker" using the shift key and left mouse click..

Last edited:
Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ok so now im really confused.

i started work on netherbeast city, loaded it up on my server to get the height values and after 3 mins noticed something....

the heightmap was already working fine?
but... i use beasties files with loads of edits and i even checked my /config/a01/map/1.hmap
and its all set at height 0.... yet it works... somehow

and its not only in netherbeast, also in forest ruins the entire map is set at some 4xx height yet the mobs can fully walk around the map up and down the ramps with no problems? and i can use my all class dodo bear and it follows me absolutly fine.

im not complaining but.... how on earth?
would be so good if i could repeat this for say frost walking

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i started work on netherbeast city, loaded it up on my server to get the height values and after 3 mins noticed something....

but... i use beasties files with loads of edits and i even checked my /config/a01/map/1.hmap

and its not only in netherbeast, also in forest ruins the entire map is set at some 4xx height yet the mobs can fully walk around the map up and down the ramps with no problems? and i can use my all class dodo bear and it follows me absolutly fine.

i dont know if this makes a difference but both the maps u described are events that work of time but frostwalk is a persistant map right? i was told by visad that instances create a singe instance for every 6 players on server. So if netherbeast and forestruins are for everyone those maps are not the same??? Cause frostwalk gets different instances for each person that enters. idk if this makes a difference to the question yer asking. but its definatly a huge difference between these maps. hope this might shed some light shrugs

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hmm thats a possibility...

but i have seen public netherbeast maps on other servers that dont have working heightmaps and the mobs fall down to the ground.

whats so special about this one?

Reaction score

Maybe the answer lies in *.dhmap (dynamic heights ?), i think these are height maps for the mobs (cause mobs don't know litmodels like player character), but currently haven't decoded the data structure

I think it's linked with *.rmap, rmap limit X/Z and maybe *.hmap limits the ground...

Anyway i leave the maps to you now, wanna start with my ecm/gfx fixer ^^

Last edited:
Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if u need a starting point for gfx/ecm i have a list of what needs to be removed/what needs adding for each type.

maybe dh map can overwrite the hmap

also the hmap does contain bumps where litmodels are, its just the clientside version of it doesnt, it adds them in as models that u simply walk on.

your converting the terrain level -> heightmap
thats why the litmodels are not apearing.

Back