Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to: change guild icons!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
its 8*8 pixels per icon.

not 8*8 icons per file.

Sorry but fail!

Code:
16 //Pixels per icon x-direction
16 //Pixels per icon y-direction
8 // Icons per column
8 // Icons per row
0_0.dds
1_19.dds
1_37.dds
1_255.dds

Means 64 Icons each icon 16x16 px

| guild id | name | level | master id |???| membersize |

"???" = ID of master's role

Robb
Reaction score
yes, i was getting confused with the previous numbers.

Thats not strictly true tho becuase you can get rows at the bottom that are not finished, so you are able to add on icons there without adding a whole extra complete row.

my guild logo file starts with

0_0.dds

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yes, i was getting confused with the previous numbers.

Thats not strictly true tho becuase you can get rows at the bottom that are not finished, so you are able to add on icons there without adding a whole extra complete row.

my guild logo file starts with

0_0.dds
My problem solved, file .dds with problem, i use other file and now it's ok.

thanks's

Regards

Vito

Reaction score
Sorry for necro but i still dont get into that txt file.
How do i exactly say that guild with id X gets the icon located at X,Y ? Atm all guilds on mah server have the standard eagle icon ( the 0_0 one i guess )

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: How to: change guild icons!

Yes, yes there is....

Romulan - How to: change guild icons! - RaGEZONE Forums

Romulan, thank you for the great tut and shame it got necro'd, would be nice if this got stickied too :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
To my knowledge the plugin doesn't (wipe your butt LOL) do everything for you... If I remember right it will make a graphic for you, but you still have to 'convert' that to a DDS. I don't know what/if it does with the .txt file :\

Nerd-IO
Reaction score
It create the picture file and the txt file, yup. But you need to convert the picture in DDS format cuz it make it in PNG format by default. Then it will be ready for use and pack in your surfaces.pck

Reaction score
Uhm ... i didnt want to discuss pwAdmin plugins lol. I just dont understand the txt file :D: Also i cant see why the plugin should help me, because its on mah server and the iconset is client side :?:

Lets just say i have 1 guild on server 1 in serverlist.
So it is 1_1.dds thats what i see in txt file.
so what exactly do i have to do to setup the icon in row 5, colum 8 to guild 1 ? or do i have to create an image in row 1 colum 1 if i want to change guild 1 ? Thats all i wanted to know :D:

Nerd-IO
Reaction score
Also i cant see why the plugin should help me, because its on mah server and the iconset is client side :?:
The plugin create the whole iconset and the txt file for you... it's more easier cuz you only need to convert the iconset into a DDS file and put the two files in your surfaces.pck

or do i have to create an image in row 1 colum 1 if i want to change guild 1 ? Thats all i wanted to know :D:
That's the way I always did... :mellow:

Reaction score
So lets sort this out, just for me understanding the whole txt file.

First 4 lines are the size thingies. Next is the 0_0 which is more or less the default image for all guilds without a preset logo. And then i add the guild IDs as exactly they were used for the guilds.

Example:

first icon -> 1_1 ( first icon used by guild 1 )
second icon -> 5_1 ( using server id 5 because the icon is stupid )
third icon -> 1_2 ( third icon used by guild 2 )

and so on ...

-----edit-----

Tried now but they still all have that standard eagle icon :(:

Last edited:
Nerd-IO
Reaction score
Wow I didn't seen your post Zorno :blink: I guess you fixed it but you need to change the numer at the end in serverlist.txt, that's the server ID.

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Hey romulan, i got a problem/question...
Do we make the .dds? I am pretty sure we do...but when i try that, it is messed up and the server does map crash.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

and in the .txt file i specified it.

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
Hey romulan, i got a problem/question...
Do we make the .dds? I am pretty sure we do...but when i try that, it is messed up and the server does map crash.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

and in the .txt file i specified it.
Let the guilds give you their icon as transparent png.
Get the *.dds Gimp Plugin together with Gimp, stick all icons together and save it as *.dds

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Wait...so i stick them all in a .dds and name it...?

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Or with the pw admin plugin - make the iconset it gives u a .dds file and put that and the text file in the file in surfaces.pck?

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Where do you put them in the surfaces.pck? I am not understanding this. Will someone just tell me what to do via PwAdmin plugin for it? Does the txt file and guild icon go anywhere? In inconset?

Nerd-IO
Reaction score
Yes it's inside surfaces\iconset. The txt file is fine and you can put it directly inside the iconset folder.

For the PNG file you will need to convert it into a DDS file that may be readable by the client. There are many tool on google that can do that. Just search PNG or JPG to DDS converter or something like that.

Or use photoshop or gimp.

Last edited:
PW Dev <3
Reaction score
I repack, send patcher update and it still wont work. No clue why :/

Back