Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Perfect World Server 1.3.6 on Colinux Tutorial (with pictures)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
try mssql 2000. thanx for the help toto but il stop with this for the time being

is making carefully.
Reaction score
Error Fixed.

Uninstall 2005 and reinstall with 2000. I'll add it to the guide and change links.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, i seem to be having issues with the registration portion to your guide, the server appears to boot up fine, but when i go to any of my IPs (Such as , or localhost, or my hamachi ip.) i get a blank page, internet explorer says webpage cannot be found.

( [IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/ima... problem? Help would be greatly appreciated.

is making carefully.
Reaction score
That seems more like a connection problem. D: Make sure you can connect to your pc and don't have any isp issues. As for the blank page, on my main pc, I have start the web up first (3) and then the server (2), or else the php screws up and I have to re-upload the index.php.

To Re Upload Index.PHP

cd /opt/lampp/htdocs/register/

wget
wget

Then try again, but do 3 then 2 this time. And f.y.i., this is a SLIGHTLY modified register. I just messed with the css a bit. Nothing fancy.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That seems more like a connection problem. D: Make sure you can connect to your pc and don't have any isp issues. As for the blank page, on my main pc, I have start the web up first (3) and then the server (2), or else the php screws up and I have to re-upload the index.php.

To Re Upload Index.PHP

cd /opt/lampp/htdocs/register/

wget http://chafedpw.110mb.com/register/uweblogo.jpg
wget http://chafedpw.110mb.com/register/index.php

Then try again, but do 3 then 2 this time. And f.y.i., this is a SLIGHTLY modified register. I just messed with the css a bit. Nothing fancy.

Im getting "failed: Temporary failure in name resolution." after using the wget commands..
EDIT: The first one worked, now its just the second one giving me that error.
EDIT2: Now both worked. Guess i miss typed it or something, but after ./start.sh and choosing 3, if i go to 127.0.0.1, or localhost i still get a blank page..

is making carefully.
Reaction score
Did you make sure your core.php is configured right? ;P

If you want, post it and white out your password.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you make sure your core.php is configured right? ;P

If you want, post it and white out your password.

Its in my first reply ([URL="
Szaer - [Guide] Perfect World Server 1.3.6 on Colinux Tutorial (with pictures) - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh, sorry I missed that. Try replacing TDS with your ip or your the comp/sqlexpress thing.

Set to : 127.0.0.1 and then did ./start.sh, and chose 3.
I went to , and its blank.

Set to CRONO-PC\SQLEXPRESS and did the same, still blank.

If it matters, i downloaded XAMPP and tried loading Apache service through xampp-control.exe, and it says "Busy..." "Apache Service Started" but it doesn't actually start. Might be completly unrelated though..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what to do with the mssql_storeprocedure.sql???
i don't get it...
cause when i execute it in dbo it show error...
"Msg 1018, Level 15, State 1, Procedure adduser, Line 33
Incorrect syntax near 'holdlock'. If this is intended as a part of a table hint, A WITH keyword and parenthesis are now required. See SQL Server Books Online"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what to do with the mssql_storeprocedure.sql???
i don't get it...
cause when i execute it in dbo it show error...
"Msg 1018, Level 15, State 1, Procedure adduser, Line 33
Incorrect syntax near 'holdlock'. If this is intended as a part of a table hint, A WITH keyword and parenthesis are now required. See SQL Server Books Online"

totoman said:
@ krazykris

Find "HOLDLOCK" and change it to "(HOLDLOCK)". Lemme know if that works.

The sql errors make the solution so obvious that no one wants to trust it.

It was answered before, in the text, ctrl+f and look for holdlock and change it to (holdlock), then press the checkmark and execute it.

---
Btw...After restarting my computer, i couldnt connect to be DB with express ( i ran the installers again and then it worked), Colinux when i run it, opens and then closes really quickly, this happened yesterday when i restarted aswell, reinstalling fixed it though. I wonder if this is related to my problem?

Edit: I managed to catch the error colinux is showing when it closes quickly:
Szaer - [Guide] Perfect World Server 1.3.6 on Colinux Tutorial (with pictures) - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
anyone got mssql2000 download link?
i don't know which one to use.....

is making carefully.
Reaction score
anyone got mssql2000 download link?
i don't know which one to use.....

Sorry about that. I've been busy with work, so I haven't been able to update the guide yet. I'll try and update today.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I have little (huge) problem:
Server is working good, but login server is not starting (i noticed this: without login server i got db error, and i got disconected form server, but when login server is started i get normaly in game).
I know i must wait to complete server load... But i waited more than 10 hours, and still nothing.
What and where is problem?
Plzz help :*:

is making carefully.
Reaction score
I have little (huge) problem:
Server is working good, but login server is not starting (i noticed this: without login server i got db error, and i got disconected form server, but when login server is started i get normaly in game).
I know i must wait to complete server load... But i waited more than 10 hours, and still nothing.
What and where is problem?
Plzz help :*:

Can you post the error it shows in your server window?

@ PostOfTheYear

Colinux is basically a program you put on windows that emulates linux, so you can run linux programs (like sh's). It's kinda like gameboy emulators and those things. You CAN use vmware, but I believe you have to pay for it. Colinux is for those of us who don't have the spare money to spend on stuff like that. (I have to pay the bills ;D )

@ dyinginside

Thanks. I really wanted t o make a guide that made sense to everyone. I just hope it made sense to those with english as a second language too.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Can you post the error it shows in your server window?

Ekhm, there is no error, after i write ''start.sh'' and select option to start server, server is starting.
I see maps loading, after a while i got message in server window:
''ALL INSTANCES LOADED SERVERS ARE UP AND RUNNING!''
And after that i get this (but i know i must wait a while to fuly start server but...):

I dont see any more messages than this... This screen continue forever, with no results :(
So what is the problem?

Edit:
After couple hours i tryed to login in game, but i get this (and dc from game):

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Btw, i fogeret to ask: did u modify some files in server (to lower cpu usage)?
In my last server i got 100% cpu usage but server is fuly loaded in 5 min, but in ur server cpu usage is 1-5%....
Strange :p

is making carefully.
Reaction score
That stuff after the "loaded servers" screen is just the server running. And yeah, alot of instances are ;'ed out. But you can just take out the ; to run them. The more you have, the longer it takes to start the server mind you.

Also, make sure you've configured your client, if it's a can't connect problem.

Back