Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Noob Tutorial for NPC, Elements,XML Editor

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it never did that to me :\ oh well. im not sure but it might be newer elements too. ill just dig up a old one then. ty guys

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
it never did that to me :\ oh well. im not sure but it might be newer elements too. ill just dig up a old one then. ty guys

Some test? :mellow:

Make an heavy armor with a physical+ bonus on it. The original phys. def. of the armor will be decrased.

Add a hp+ bonus on the armor. You will see a negative HP stats on the armor.

So that lets me think the bonuses are wrong and cancel the armor stats...

And there are missing special bonus for the weapon. Idk wich one, but i'm sure some are missing.

EDIT: missing movements speed bonus for armors... Just an example of missing bonus. But for armors in this case...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe when you edit something via xml it checks the against the ID in the elements and tries to make the values match. This would explain why the values would decrease.

The xml generator is missing some bonus stats. (eg soul shatter, thanks to R3DSKULL for finding this). The editor also doesn't look to the elements for these bonus stats either. They are hard coded into the program.

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Maybe when you edit something via xml it checks the against the ID in the elements and tries to make the values match. This would explain why the values would decrease.

The xml generator is missing some bonus stats. (eg soul shatter, thanks to R3DSKULL for finding this). The editor also doesn't look to the elements for these bonus stats either. They are hard coded into the program.

Alright, that why i suggest to create a new xml editor based on this one.

The new editor will be able to read bonus/stats from the elements.data

I think it will solve the "bug" for the decreased stats also...

Maybe if ronny will get some free to do it? :blush:

I love the design of ronny's software :laugh:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone Know how to add a custom npc. I have the files in client but need to add to element. in sledit on #5 it int32 but needs to be string128. How can I change the int32 to string128?

Reaction score
you have destroyed the configuration file by replacing a wrong data type (string:128 -> reads 128 bytes, int32 -> reads 4 byte) this makes the overall entry a growth of +124 byte, so these 124 extra bytes were read from the next entry and so on, which will corrupt all following entries/data

btw. i havn't found a configuration where list 56 got an int32 at index #5...
all my configs have string:128, your config seems to be outdated

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you have destroyed the configuration file by replacing a wrong data type (string:128 -> reads 128 bytes, int32 -> reads 4 byte) this makes the overall entry a growth of +124 byte, so these 124 extra bytes were read from the next entry and so on, which will corrupt all following entries/data

btw. i havn't found a configuration where list 56 got an int32 at index #5...
all my configs have string:128, your config seems to be outdated

I downloaded sledit again and I got it fixed I was successful at adding my item. Thanks for your help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nvm i got it , but its the old Npc with Chapel Quest :| , il try to see if i can find the other one with the weding quest , chapel is to hard for my exp till now ...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried to edit the gshop and all I can get to work 15.0 speed are the GM wings. When I try to change anything else like spent few hours putting in sage/demon skill books server loads but then gs service goes down. I am trying hard to make some cool stuff for friends to play. I was able to add GM weapons for all classes but nothing else works...I basically use gshop editor and look at the items in sELedit to get the value .dds and all that. Then I save to server using WinSCP. Then it says I can't buy from shop. All the items I did put in successfully were the above mentioned. Is what I am doing correct? Is it true that the server gshop has to match the client? I believe so because when I did make them match it worked when I buy. Please a little help in the right direction. I just don't know why I have the issue I am having. Thank you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried to edit the gshop and all I can get to work 15.0 speed are the GM wings. When I try to change anything else like spent few hours putting in sage/demon skill books server loads but then gs service goes down. I am trying hard to make some cool stuff for friends to play. I was able to add GM weapons for all classes but nothing else works...I basically use gshop editor and look at the items in sELedit to get the value .dds and all that. Then I save to server using WinSCP. Then it says I can't buy from shop. All the items I did put in successfully were the above mentioned. Is what I am doing correct? Is it true that the server gshop has to match the client? I believe so because when I did make them match it worked when I buy. Please a little help in the right direction. I just don't know why I have the issue I am having. Thank you.

Never mind, I figured it out...data error from blank items. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am now having an issue where my NPC's had a yellow shield over them to take regular quests. Now I notice there are none and I have not modified any NPC. Does anyone know why this happened? If I press "q" and look at quest window I click find quests and none show up. I also use the tele way-point opener for the world map and it doesn't say that it is adding them and it doesn't I have searched but not found an issue like this. It is causing my players to not be able to get demon or sage 59 culti skills only. I appreciate any help as to why this may be happening. Thank you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you edit anything in tasks.data? Put the server one in the client and vice versa?

I found issue thanks for jogging my memory with the questions you stated. They got me thinking and I must have nodded off for a few secs while editing server and client diff windows. I woke to a click sound and I hadn't had my eyes open soon enough to see what the hell I clicked, dragged and dropped..lol Never Ever Edit When you are tired..hahaha
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
11th tool down on the list but use you will find it nice and easy to use

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please, on database, where I can found "Hexdata" for pwAdmin. :)
For exemple, here:

Last edited:
Back