Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] SoulHunterZ Development Kit & Source Code

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been preparing this release these past few days for you all. I am hoping that this will breath some new life into the section, and that we can all work together to bring a community project/server alive. This thread will be split into a few different sections. First, I will talk about what exactly SoulHunterZ is, and how it differs from the vanilla RaiderZ experience. Secondly, I will then discuss what is included in the Development Kit, and what additions there are inside the source code. Thirdly, I will probably talk about the direction I am interested in taking SoulHunterZ, and how everyone can help get involved with the project and contribute. I want to try and make it as easy and accessible as possible for everyone so they may help out, so those of you who are weak programmers do not have to worry about contributing on the coding side of things, but can focus on building custom content.

Note: This is NOT the vanilla RaiderZ Experience. This is completely different, and meant to be custom and clean. I want people to either be able to build their own version of RaiderZ, or come together for the community and we all build the RaiderZ we want. Currently, it is set to spawn you in Ritz, where there are a few placeholder guard spawns.

What is SoulHunterZ?
"It came from nowhere, some wave of dark energy...It awoke something that day." -Allendr

SoulHunterZ is a re-envisioning of the RaiderZ experience. 4 months have passed since something awoke, and with it the beasts of the land became infused with some dark force. Everyone fled to the capital city Ritz, those that made it bunkered down and fortified their position. Now the monsters are barreling down on the city gates, will you be able to help defend and rescue the world from evil?

Features:
- Custom Storyline
- Custom Spawned World (New NPCs, Monsters, Dungeons)
- Custom Questline
- Custom BAM(Big butt Monster) Scripts
- Custom Items/Item Mechanics
- Zone Events
- Zone Objectives
- World Events
- "Level less"
- 3 Classes (Will be expanded)
And More...

To explain a little further what I mean by "Level less", I mean there will be no traditional levels, I.E. You will not have a Level 30 character. The way in which you will measure your skill is through Soul Ranks, these SRs(Soul Ranks) will grant you talent points, stat points, access to stronger gear enchantments, and so forth. You can wear any gear at SR1, but someone who is SR30 and wearing the same gear would be able to do things to it to bring it further, same goes with weapons. To acquire Soul Ranks, you need to gather enough Soul Pieces(SPs) which you can get by killing BAMs that are roaming the zones. The stronger the BAM the more SP it gives you.

BAMs can be classified in the following way:
E - Weak, Lowest Caste (SR1-6(10))
D - Weak, Low Caste (SR5-15(20))
C - Strong, Warrior Caste (SR10-20(30))
B - Strong, Lieutenants (SR18-30(40))
A - Strong, Generals (SR34-45(60))
S - Mighty, Lords (SR40-55(80))
SS - Legendary, Dragons (SR55-70(110))
SSS - Legendary, Demigods/Mythical Beasts (SR70-100(140))
Note: The number after the SR, (SR40-55(80)<-This Number. This number represents the extendable rank of the classification, meaning, for A type BAMs, their SR can be measured at a minimum of 40, and up to 55, but it can be extended to 80, meaning you can have A type BAMs who have SR 80.

Ofcourse, this is what I had envisioned. Not everything has been implemented at this time, and there is very little actual content that has been created. Item XP though, has been completed. Attunement still has some work needing to be done to it. I am also interested in pursuing a sort of borderlands style loot generation from BAMs.

What Is included in this release?
In the DevKit there is the following:
- Client (Hybrid of Alpha/Current Data)
- Server (Includes a working DB)
- Tools (CoreToolsRS3, Velixian, etc..)

Source Code (does NOT include the maiet SDK, you will need to download this separately)

To go slightly more in depth with each item, the client is a combination of both the alpha assets and the newer more recent models/anims. Some issues exist from such a hybridization, mainly some animation issues and a few texture problems. The client only supports the 3 basic classes from alpha (defender, zerker, and cleric) the support for the other classes exists for the most part, but they were never of top priority to me. I imagine we can easily add multiple custom classes to the game if we so wish to do so, and I have plans on doing such a thing. The server is ofcourse complete with needed databases, though, there is not the hashed account passwords at this moment, which will be added asap. The tools are mostly translated, and have multiple crashfixes and bug fixes tied to them. I will try to make some guides for noobies as soon as I can, those of you who have experience or are feeling adventurous are more than welcome to try them out.

The source code has had many changes done to it, most notably the ELU and ANI formats have been reversed and are able to be loaded without any problems for the most part. There ofcouse is always work to be done, and I hope to be able to keep the SVN as up-to-date as I can, and give the community important fixes and features. The code in the SVN is the latest revision from my local copy, so there is nothing I am holding that the community would not have access to.

Where do we go from here?
Well, there is of course always work that needs to be done. From actual ingame content needing to be built, to code for internal features that need to be written. The files are all set up for local development to take place. Meaning, all of you can do your own local development and turn this release into whatever you want it to be. I will try my best to continue to provide any and all support that is needed, for both the code portion and any actual data portion. I will be creating a few guides within the next week that will help detail some of the tools (mostly the CoreToolRS3) so people can more easily create content. I do surely, want everyone who does make content to share with all of us, as I am envisioning this project to be completely community driven. I eventually want an official RageZone server for this project so everyone can experience the fruit of our labor.

Download Links:
-Source(SVN):
-DevKit:
-SDK:

I will try to clear some things up in this thread when I wake up later. If any of you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me, I will gladly give support for this release.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I hope this really works out :) I'd love to work on it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: [Release] SoulHunterZ Development Kit &amp; Source Code

OMG its all compiled and working? OMG OMG I love you man un help alot this community =o

Lets go Make a Great RaiderZ Community :D

Reaction score
i tryed open Hero Lane, and Teres Plain, i trying Open zone files

They open perfectly fine on my end. Here is a screenshot to show that. Upload the .dmp file for me, and I will take a look at why it's crashing for you. Also, just so you know, I opened this directly from the DevKit that I released. So my folder organization is the same as yours. Two final questions, you have the PhysX runtime installed correct? Because, that could be causing an issue. Also, are you on Windows 8? or Windows 7?
cmb - [Release] SoulHunterZ Development Kit & Source Code - RaGEZONE Forums

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

How i log in this server? i configure all ok, i open the laucher start game, and after game load, game close (before char selection)

I think my server its OK ,the error that appeared is normal and happens on my other server also, how i Log in? i Tryed open Laucher in DevKit and Open game, and Game Close after Loading, i need compile the client or??? work1 - [Release] SoulHunterZ Development Kit & Source Code - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score

How i log in this server? i configure all ok, i open the laucher start game, and after game load, game close (before char selection)

I think my server its OK ,the error that appeared is normal and happens on my other server also, how i Log in? i Tryed open Laucher in DevKit and Open game, and Game Close after Loading, i need compile the client or??? View attachment 146050

I got in just fine. Are you using an account that exists inside the Databases I Provided? Are you even using my databases? because I do not get that DB ERROR in my gameserver that you seem to get.

JlDy6pS - [Release] SoulHunterZ Development Kit & Source Code - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I got in just fine. Are you using an account that exists inside the Databases I Provided? Are you even using my databases? because I do not get that DB ERROR in my gameserver that you seem to get.

JlDy6pS - [Release] SoulHunterZ Development Kit & Source Code - RaGEZONE Forums
[/ QUOTE]
Yep i using u Database and using u account, the client dont need compile to work?, i tryed start game with server off, but client dont load the login screen, complete load and close .-. can u help me?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score

Yep i using u Database and using u account, the client dont need compile to work?, i tryed start game with server off, but client dont load the login screen, complete load and close .-. can u help me?

Yes, the current exe in the folder works fine. You do not need to compile anything to make it work. You do however need the server to be turned on in order to get into the game.

Back