Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is there still interest in Gunz 2 emulation?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there fellow ragezoners!

From as far as i can tell, Gunz 2 never really took off and the original Gunz is the most active, especially when looking at server emulation. This is probably at least partially due to the fact that there are no public Gunz 2 leaks newer than the alpha version.

I am currently working on a Gunz 2 server emulator and custom client in my spare time as a hobby project, my plan is to try to implement proper dedicated servers among other things.

Question is, is there any interest in Gunz 2 emulation? If there is someone who is interested, i would love to work with someone, preferably someone with experience in reverse engineering, as this is a fairly big undertaking and will take a long time, especially on my own.

I will upload some screenshots of the server progress shortly.
EDIT: Screenshots as promised:

Modified client and some small example projects can be found on my

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
original gunz2 server and client source code version available. If there is someone experienced in c++ who can change the host system, we can develop it specifically.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
original gunz2 server and client source code version available. If there is someone experienced in c++ who can change the host system, we can develop it specifically.

You mean the alpha source code?
As nice as it is to have the code available i feel like it's such an old version of the game that to get to its current state you'll probably be better off modifying the current client and writing a server from scratch

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You mean the alpha source code?
As nice as it is to have the code available i feel like it's such an old version of the game that to get to its current state you'll probably be better off modifying the current client and writing a server from scratch

I'm not talking about alpha source code. The source code is available on steam.The problem is that high ping occurs due to the host system. It would be much nicer if it was possible to make a connection directly to the server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not talking about alpha source code. The source code is available on steam.The problem is that high ping occurs due to the host system. It would be much nicer if it was possible to make a connection directly to the server.

For real? Got a link for it? I'd love to check it out. That pretty much sounds like the perfect scenario.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Heya Milice,
I've been working on a gunz 2 emulator with Matte in the past before, I still have some of the code and partial reverse of the current client available. Is there somewhere we can talk? I'd be all in for it but sadly I've been up for it all alone for a while now. Came here to check just for that reason lmao

I put email notifs on for this thread so i'll reply asap

Last edited:
Back